boringwhiteguy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD - Verizon

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

My apologies if this is not the place for such a post. If it's not maybe you could steer me in the right direction.

Droid RAZR MAXX HD, System version 182.46.15.XT926.Verizon.en.US,  Android KitKat 4.4.2.   Unrooted, Locked. Last week it started acting slow, turning itself off and on,  and changing the wallpaper back to stock on its own. Then stopped fully booting and is stuck on the never-ending Red-robot-eye-of-Sauron.  No longer under warranty, already taken to repair shops that were of no help. They suggested I try finding someone who could hack it or get a new phone.  Unless I'm mistaken, it appears that this particular model/version cannot be hacked/rooted yet from what I've read? Already accessed Boot Mode Selection Menu and tried Recovery and Factory resets with no luck.  I am able to access Fastboot and connect to my Mac Desktop through terminal with ADT installed, but have no clue what to do from there. Is there a way to get this phone to work again? 

#2 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,068 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:28 AM

Do a search for House of Moto on this site - if you can get to fastboot mode it will fix you right up.

• johnthehillbilly and livinginkaos like this
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Droid RAZR MAXX HD, Boot loop, Recovery, Factory Reset, broken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users