• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

I just read an article where the specs were spilled on the Razr M HD, which is claiming the Razr M HD will be released with 4.2.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I quess I thought the Motorola HD line-up went from M to the Razr to the Maxx. With this M HD and our specs still better... shouldn't there be some indicator on an eta for a 4.2 OTA on the HD line?

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#2 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

Motorola hasn't worked on 4.2 yet to my knowldge

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#3 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

Motorola hasn't worked on 4.2 yet to my knowldge

That is very interesting with all due respect.... I also have to wonder what the strategy is with the M HD, there is already the Razr HD and Maxx HD, which are both released before the M HD. Are the Razr HD and Maxx HD still viewed as the Flagship of Motorola devices or is there something missing? At the same time I still have to wonder why the M HD would have 4.2 and the Razr HD and Maxx HD would have 4.1.1?

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#4 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

I don't personally see a M HD coming... didn't look like a legitimate leak to me.
  • Nubia1 and KaChow like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#5 nateohio

nateohio

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

I don't personally see a M HD coming... didn't look like a legitimate leak to me.

This is in line with what I believe...it goes against the googlrola promise of limiting the number of devices they release. I'd love to see a new company that only releases 2-3 devices a year. Ultimately, that way of doing things will result in a much higher quality product!

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx HD
  • KaChow likes this

#6 captmilk

captmilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:Captmilk
  • LocationErie, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

Motorola Nexus will someday come and in my opinion out sell every other Nexus made.
  • JJT211 likes this

#7 nateohio

nateohio

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

Motorola Nexus will someday come and in my opinion out sell every other Nexus made.

I just bought my Maxx HD and if a moto nexus came out...I'd buy it in a second! The reason I haven't bought one yet is because moto hasn't released one.

• captmilk likes this

#8 captmilk

captmilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:Captmilk
  • LocationErie, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

I just bought my Maxx HD and if a moto nexus came out...I'd buy it in a second! The reason I haven't bought one yet is because moto hasn't released one.

I too have the Maxx HD and I love it! The battery is just awesome!
  • dhyamato likes this

#9 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

This is in line with what I believe...it goes against the googlrola promise of limiting the number of devices they release. I'd love to see a new company that only releases 2-3 devices a year. Ultimately, that way of doing things will result in a much higher quality product!

I happen to strongly agree with this statement of yours. I too would like to see a limited number of devices being released where emphasis is on the quality and longevity of the device. Not simply to create a new line of devices every 3-6 months, like Samsung. Hopefully, googlrola can turn things around.

#10 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

pretty sure Jakeday is working on a 4.2.1 rom for razr hd, he has a thread on rootwiki for his rom at the moment for a different rom, but he is working on one.

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#11 EliC

EliC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

I'd love to see a new company that only releases 2-3 devices a year. Ultimately, that way of doing things will result in a much higher quality product!

2-3 is 1-2 too many. This is one thing Apple does right. Put out 1 phone. Your old phones can become your mid and low tier phones (1 and 2 yr old respectively). Then they could easily role out the latest Android OS onto the phone every 6 months without significant delay and squash any bugs much faster in between.

#12 nateohio

nateohio

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

2-3 is 1-2 too many. This is one thing Apple does right. Put out 1 phone. Your old phones can become your mid and low tier phones (1 and 2 yr old respectively). Then they could easily role out the latest Android OS onto the phone every 6 months without significant delay and squash any bugs much faster in between.

I don't like this idea...one thing about Apples approach is that it is literally a one size fits all approach.

A 3.7 inch screen is too small for me, but 5.5 inches may be to big...

What I'd like to see is 2 phones a smaller screen like the M and then a 4.7 like the HD...then a 5.5 inch phablet...all running the exact same software.

#13 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

I can confirm the DROID RAZR HD + DROID RAZR M + ATRIX HD will get 4.2 and they are already testing builds.

Sent from my Motorola Ghost XT1058

• KaChow likes this

#14 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

I can confirm the DROID RAZR HD + DROID RAZR M + ATRIX HD will get 4.2 and they are already testing builds.

do you happen to know how the tests are going ? :o

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#15 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Nice :rolleyes: Glad to hear it!

#16 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

do you happen to know how the tests are going ? :o

Just began... can't tell much anyway.

• KaChow likes this

#17 jntdroid

jntdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

Just began... can't tell much anyway.

Are you seeing these via cheesecake or just friends in high places?

#18 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Are you seeing these via cheesecake or just friends in high places?

can't say :X

• KaChow likes this

#19 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Got a question new to this forum. Got a razr maxx hd its on JB. I had a Bionic so I am familiar with Fxz rooting and safe strap. My question is if I use your program to go back to ICS root and flash back if I need to go back again in case something happens will I be able to once I am rooted on JB. Thanks

#20 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

Got a question new to this forum. Got a razr maxx hd its on JB. I had a Bionic so I am familiar with Fxz rooting and safe strap. My question is if I use your program to go back to ICS root and flash back if I need to go back again in case something happens will I be able to once I am rooted on JB. Thanks

As of this post you can downgrade any RAZR HD firmware.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users