n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Hello,
I am a Droid Razr MAXX user. I followed the excellent instructions posted

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

by spc_hicks09 in order to upgrade to Jelly Bean 4.1.2. I was on the 4.0.4 last stock release back from June.

Before flashing I rooted using Matt's utility and also kept a backup of root using Voodoo Rootkeeper. The upgrade was definitely a success except for the fact that root access wasn't quite working, but nothing that Matt's root fixer wasn't able to handle. So I had root and 4.1.2 and life was pretty sweet for a day :D

Until I realized the android.media.process was sucking up 51% of the battery somehow. Upon reading somewhere that it had to do with a corruption on the ext SD card and such, I tried formatting the SD card but that didn't quite work. So I decided to do a "factory reset" assuming that it will only delete data and 1) the phone's system software will remain intact 2) I will still retain root.

Now after the factory reset, it seems like I no longer have root, but I may try Matt's root fixer again to see if it can do its magic. But, right now my biggest problem is that I can't seem to connect to any WiFi hotspots :(. It just keeps looping between "authenticating" and "obtaining IP" address. I even tried connecting to some other open and known WiFi hotspots and it still won't connect.

I tried resetting my home router and fiddling with security settings, but nothing seems to work. I was on WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] before and that worked fine after the flash to 4.1.2, but no longer works after factory reset. Also, I tried changing security to just WPA2-PSK and that didn't help at all.

It seems like some other Droid Razr users

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

are having similar issues.

Any tips? advice or words of wisdom? Hopefully there is a solution out there for my woes! Please help, much appreciated!

Thanks!

#2 sparta

sparta

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

Hey guys, I have finally found a work around that seems to be working well for me :D. I had to assign a static IP based on my Droid Razr Maxx's Mac address. I know this is not ideal, but it's something. I hope they fix this problem in the final OTA. Seems to be an issue with the way IP addresses are assigned through DHCP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users