Photo

[ROM][CDMA/GSM][3-7] ★ Jellywiz RLS7 ★ I S3 Touchwiz I Rom Control I Mods I PIE I FAST I ★

• Please log in to reply
1887 replies to this topic

#1121 killboredom

killboredom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Having run ALL of the JB Roms for a couple days, this is the only true keeper. This thing just SIPS battery! And performs like a beast. Not sure why, but TouchWiz UI is smoother for me on this ROM than Fat-Free. Go figure.

Now I'm tasked with ripping out the horrifyingly ugly notification toggles and replacing with Power Toggle. has anyone already done this and has a SystemUI.apk they could drop me? Otherwise, I'll have to go learn how to do it myself :) (not the end of the world)

Side-note...and perhaps this was the case with TouchWiz ICS roms and I was unaware; I love the inclusion of the S3 sounds! Always been envious of the pleasant noises that come out of my wife's S3 vs. the jarring noises the Razr makes.

Thanks in advance!

This must be how it starts...make one little mod and poof, you're off rolling your own ROM :)

Anyway, I managed to strip the TouchWiz toggles out! YAY! Giving myself moderate pats on the back since no tutorial I found actually gave me the correct file to edit. SO...this post got me setup with apktool:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The file in the SystemUI.apk I actually ended up editing was the /res/layout/quickpanel_quick_settings.xml file. I removed all of the button references.

Should anyone want, I can send the moded SystemUI.apk to push with adb.

Cheers!
  • Rootuser94 likes this

#1122 cpspecial

cpspecial

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Yea I've also noticed that when I hit the 15% notification it will drop instantly to 4%. Pretty puzzling
Curtis Price
Trumpet The Harlot - Lead Guitar

#1123 pcavuoto

pcavuoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Twitter:pcavuoto

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

Is there a way to change the carrier info? Like instead of "Jellywiz", back to "Verizon Wireless". I only ask because I use NHL Gamecenter and Verizon gives the premium version for free but the app does not think that I have Verizon service anymore thus not allowing me to have the full version

#1124 fatmando2

fatmando2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

I'm on SS 3.07, is it not working on that.. I can't get it to boot and followed all instructions except for that one. If that's the case is it possible to update SS and not loose my rom slots?

#1125 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

I'm on SS 3.07, is it not working on that.. I can't get it to boot and followed all instructions except for that one. If that's the case is it possible to update SS and not loose my rom slots?

You need to update safestrap. I don't think you lose your rom slots when you update, but make a backup if you care about any in particular

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#1126 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Hi everyone sorry to bother again but can someone PLEASE tell me wich tethering app will work on this jb rom?

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2

#1127 phrir1

phrir1

Themer Apprentice

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Twitter:phrir1
  • Google+:Phrir1@gmail.com
  • LocationMenifee, CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid4 : OG Razr

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Hi everyone sorry to bother again but can someone PLEASE tell me wich tethering app will work on this jb rom?

The one that is built in will work just fine with the sqlite hack

VIDEO

INSTRUCTIONS

the line he talks about will vary...just look for entitlement check.

Posted Image

#1128 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

The one that is built in will work just fine with the sqlite hack

VIDEO

INSTRUCTIONS

the line he talks about will vary...just look for entitlement check.

thanks so much! I did the hack earlier i just didnt know which app to use to avoid charge! Thank u

• phrir1 likes this

#1129 fatmando2

fatmando2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

You need to update safestrap. I don't think you lose your rom slots when you update, but make a backup if you care about any in particular

Thanks finally got it to work! :D

#1130 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

This must be how it starts...make one little mod and poof, you're off rolling your own ROM :)

Anyway, I managed to strip the TouchWiz toggles out! YAY! Giving myself moderate pats on the back since no tutorial I found actually gave me the correct file to edit. SO...this post got me setup with apktool:

The file in the SystemUI.apk I actually ended up editing was the /res/layout/quickpanel_quick_settings.xml file. I removed all of the button references.

Should anyone want, I can send the moded SystemUI.apk to push with adb.

Cheers!

i would like to change it but can you post a picture of what it looks like now and explain what is adb? Lol... maybe a flashable.zip would be nicer :D

#1131 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

I got my favorite pegasusq and .sio settings to stick and overclocking @ 1300 with no overheating what so ever! Luv this Rom is the 1st one i try and everything works!

Sent from my Motorola RazrWiz 4.1.2

#1132 chipworkz

chipworkz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

I foundy ringtones using root explorer but there are no duplicates there only in the sound setting where you select one

Duplicate ringtones and Bootanamation audio issues explained.

The reason you see duplicates when you select a ringtone, is because there are duplicates in this rom.
If you use a file explorer (like ES File or Root explorer) and look in the system/media/audio/ringtone folder, you can see them. They are not named exactly the same though so you might miss it at first glance.
One example is Bugs' story. it is named 05_Bugs_story.ogg and also S_ICS_Nature_Bugs_story.ogg. The phone reports both as simply Bugs' story in the ringtone list though when your looking at them in your menu. I assume they were pulled from different phones so the naming was different but they both have the property to display as just Bugs' story.

I have gone through all the roms and put together my own Ringtone, Notification and Alarms folders that I replace into the roms I use.
It is 265 ringtones, 169 notifications and 59 alarms. (NO Duplicates) :)
I have the .nomedia file in each folder so I can leave them on my sd card to move into whatever rom I am using.

For those of you that didn't know, the phone searches for .ogg files and will list them in your ringtone etc... menu which can cause multiple duplicate also. So in this case, if I didn't have the .nomedia file in the folders on my sd card, I would get another instance of Bugs' story since it is one of the ringtones in my folder on my sd card.

Hope this helps explain why you might have duplicates in this or any other rom.

On a side note, the reason there is no audio in the boot animation is because it is looking for the wrong audio file to play. If you look in the bootanimation.zip located in the system/media folder and specifically look at the desc.txt file, you will see that is is trying to play the droid_dna.mp3 file which should be located in the system/media folder. The wrong file of droidhd.ogg is located there though so that is why you hear no sound. You can copy the attached file to the system/media folder and you will get the audio in your boot animation.

Attached Files

• PillClinton and mhotovec like this

#1133 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

use an app like watchdog or gsam battery to see what is draining your batt

In regard to the battery, I removed CPU Sleeper & seem to have had much better battery life AFTER doing that. Has anyone else done this, and if so did you have similar results?

Duplicate ringtones and Bootanamation audio issues explained.

Great explanation here! Very thorough & well thought out.

#1134 killboredom

killboredom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

i would like to change it but can you post a picture of what it looks like now and explain what is adb? Lol... maybe a flashable.zip would be nicer :D

Posted Image

I'll have to do some digging to make a flashable zip. let me know if you want though.

ADB is Androiid Debug Bridge. part of the SDK that allows you to open a shell to your phone or alternately send commands to your phone.

#1135 aaaa0204

aaaa0204

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

For those who are unable to update "Maps" or "Chrome"

First download system app remover from market.
I use this

(but it has to pay, so you might also try

, I could only confirm the first one)

Open the remover, switch into system apps, find maps or chrome and click. Select clear data and click one more time to select uninstall.
Then go to play store, you should be able to download the latest version of maps and chrome. (Update confirmed)

Do not use Titanium backup to uninstall the app.
  • pcavuoto and Rootuser94 like this

#1136 timbojones

timbojones

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

Great rom, one question. Are there any problems with global phone and data service on the jb leak kernel or any of these roms? I'm traveling out of the country next month and want to make sure it will work. Thanks.

#1137 pcavuoto

pcavuoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Twitter:pcavuoto

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

For those who are unable to update "Maps" or "Chrome"

First download system app remover from market.
I use this

(but it has to pay, so you might also try

, I could only confirm the first one)

Open the remover, switch into system apps, find maps or chrome and click. Select clear data and click one more time to select uninstall.
Then go to play store, you should be able to download the latest version of maps and chrome. (Update confirmed)

Do not use Titanium backup to uninstall the app.

This worked like a charm, thanks man

#1138 fatmando2

fatmando2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

So I really like the rom so far but for some reason my battery life isn't very good.. It says that cell standby is using the most battery at 32% does anybody know why this is or if there's a way to fix this?

#1139 jjuanico73

jjuanico73

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, New Mexico
  • Current Device(s):Razr

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Thanks so much everyone for the info. I was able to update google music, maps and chrome from the notes up above. I also used the help to get the sound for the boot animation. I love this ROM and I hate to flash new ROMS for small things. Thanks so much for doing this ROM. I appreciate everyone's input and comments on how to fix things. This is an amazing group!! I did go ahead and uninstall CPU Sleeper and have already noticed a smaller decrease in battery drain. I do have one question I'm hoping someone can shed some light on. When I charge my battery using the plug and once I unplug immediately the battery drops to 99%. When I have the phone plugged into the PC for moving files and what not. It charges to 100% and stays at 100 for about a good 10 minutes. Thanks for the help.
  • Rootuser94 likes this

#1140 mhotovec

mhotovec

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Asus TF700

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

Fonzie :)
A possible reason for the drop to 99% when you unplug your phone is because it charged to 100% hours ago, and then began to drop again.
When plugged in to a charger the phone will charge to 100% and then quit charging. It will then run solely on battery until it reaches some predetermined percentage, and then it will start the charging process again. So it's not uncommon for the phone to be at 99% or 98% immediately after unplugging, especially after charging overnight when it hit 100% sometime in the wee hours of the morning, and then it was draining the battery even though it was plugged in.
  • jjuanico73 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users