It has been mistakenly posted on numerous forums that once your on JB, you can no longer go back to ICS... this is incorrect and completely false (except with the old Razr Family (XT912, etc), due to security changes within the bootloader, rendering this inoperable). Here is what you will require:
- RSD Lite 6.1.4 ( )
- OEM Moto ICS Firmware (4.0.4) file (
- For XT926 Firmware (possibly others if you receive a fail in RSD Lite), you will need to extract the compressed file and manually edit the .xml file with notepad, completely deleting all lines of code containing "getvar" (should be 2 lines). Save & Close.
- Put device into AP Fastboot mode, open RSD Lite, select the folder with the extracted Firmware files, then select Start.
- Once RSD Lite has completed the flash, it will reboot your phone and you will be on stock ICS ready to root.
- Root your phone with Matt's Droid Razr Utility for your specific device.
Credit also needs to go out to Fridza at AndoMods for writing about the .xml edit, which I was unable to find elsewhere:
AS STATED ABOVE, THIS WILL NOT WORK ON THE OLD FAMILY OF RAZRS/MAXXS, ETC., SUCH AS THE XT912. ATTEMPTING THIS ON THOSE VERSIONS WILL BRICK THEM GUARANTEED.