#181 sp75007

sp75007

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr MAxx HD

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Happy all is well for everyone that has xt912... but those of us with xt926 wonder when will it get root?

#182 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Happy all is well for everyone that has xt912... but those of us with xt926 wonder when will it get root?

You have root. If you are on JB you need to use Matt's HD utility to go back to ICS then root and save root then install JB

Edit:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

is the info you are looking for

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#183 cbodes

cbodes

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

great job man! thanks for the hard work.

#184 Skipr

Skipr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

great work. I got ota from verizion 12/24 and now thanks to you i have root and my wifi tether is up and running. my phone is my internet. thanks, and payments on the way.

#185 sp75007

sp75007

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr MAxx HD

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

You have root. If you are on JB you need to use Matt's HD utility to go back to ICS then root and save root then install JB

Edit:

is the info you are looking for

Appreciate the response...new to all of this lingo. Of course my maxx hd is not rooted because all access to the files were denied in my xt926 when I ran the xt912 fix.
Has anyone tried this rooting method for the xt926?

#186 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

Appreciate the response...new to all of this lingo. Of course my maxx hd is not rooted because all access to the files were denied in my xt926 when I ran the xt912 fix.
Has anyone tried this rooting method for the xt926?

I'm confused. Why did you run anything for the 912.

Maybe

has a better explanation.

Use this utility to return to ICS. then install Voodoo OTA rootkeeper, Keep root with that app, take the OTA update to JB and then restore root.

Hope this helps

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#187 un1ocked

un1ocked

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):bionic xt875

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Razr Blade, an exploit that gains root access on the Motorola Droid Razr running 4.1 (Jelly Bean), is available at:

To run the exploit (currently Windows only), download and extract the entire zip file, ensure your device is connected via USB, ensure you have the latest Motorola USB drivers installed, ensure USB debugging mode is enabled on your device, and double-click "run.bat".

PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS IN THE EXPLOIT CAREFULLY.

Please do not re-host or modify this exploit without asking permission first, since this makes support difficult and annoying.

Enjoy,
Dan (@djrbliss)

Paypal:

you're the best, no comment

#188 messenger13

messenger13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

I didn't use voodoo rootkeeper or any other precautions, so when I flashed JB, I lost root and couldn't get it back using the conventional methods available previously.

Then I read about this exploit. :)

But three attempts later ... didn't work for me. :(

Then ... the FOURTH time was the charm!!! Here's what I had to do to get the exploit to work.
  • Go to Settings > Apps > scroll over to 'All' > then scroll down to SmartActions
  • Press 'Force Stop' > press 'Uninstall Updates' > press 'Clear data'
  • Lastly, going against the directions, I put my RAZR MAXX in 'Media device (MTP)' mode ... not 'Mass Storage'.

Rooted once again!!! B)

#189 jimd1050

jimd1050

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

First try uninstalling any updates to the app "Smart Actions," and clear the data for that app. If that doesn't work, try starting with a fresh flash of the OTA. Wipe first through recovery, then flash.

I was getting the same screen as airborne82 and followed your instructions. Wiped phone, re-loaded OTA and started over - now I get this:

Attached Files

Regards, Jim D

#190 stebelpm

stebelpm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationToledo OH
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx, Samsung 10.1 Tablet

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

I haven't been able to get this to work all day. I followed doubles69 link to flash the JB Ota, but it was an outdated version. The link to download takes it to an older file, and the video mentions a newer file to put on the SD card. It wouldn't let me reboot from sd card with either version. I've gotten the same long messages as many people, after five steps, saying exploit complete. The only step I don't understand is the smart actions. I only have Battery Saver on my smart actions, but you can't freeze it or anything. Only way to save it is to modify triggers on it. I'm totally frustrated and have no idea how to get the JB on my Razr Maxx. Please help, anyone?

#191 sk842018

sk842018

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid incredible 2/ droid RAZRxt912

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

When it says open smart actions. Just open it up and if its first time opening it it will say let's get started click that than cling battery saver and than click save. After that push home button and continue the exploit. Make sure to watch your phone because your going to have to click allow on super user pop ups. < this will be on phone

#192 stebelpm

stebelpm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationToledo OH

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

When I open Smart Actions, it automatically pops up with battery saver under manual activities, so I don't know what to do when I get there. Should I erase that action so it might prompt me to the let's get started? BTW, I currently have 6.16.215.XT912.Verizon.en.US on my phone. I don't know if that is part of my problem. Thanks again all.

#193 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

You should just use razr's edge to root that. This is for JB builds.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#194 sk842018

sk842018

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Your still on ICS, you need to download Matt's razr utility 1.82 and use option 1 to get to stock 211, and than you can root ICS with the utility and use voodoo ota root keeper and flash jb leaked ota in stock recovery. This exploit is to root jb. Your still on ICS

#195 sk842018

sk842018

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Here's the thread

#196 stebelpm

stebelpm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationToledo OH

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

So I went to the thread, and tried to do the fastboot restore, but it gave me a prompt "to return to normal mode, first press power key to power down. Device is Locked Status Code: 0" I'm sorry for the stupid questions, just trying to figure this thing out before I go back to a rotary phone!

#197 klownjo

klownjo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

that was the answer...
get virgin smart action and all works well!
yippiiiii

#198 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

So I went to the thread, and tried to do the fastboot restore, but it gave me a prompt "to return to normal mode, first press power key to power down. Device is Locked Status Code: 0" I'm sorry for the stupid questions, just trying to figure this thing out before I go back to a rotary phone!

I'm thinking you should be good. Just power up the phone and see if it back to stock .211. What did the PC say? Does it look like the utility ran successfully?? Device locked is your locked Bootloader. Every Razr says that.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#199 stebelpm

stebelpm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationToledo OH

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

From that thread, I install the torrent and the utility to my SD card or my PC? I'm downloading it to my SD card right now and still have no clue if this is right or not.

#200 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

From that thread, I install the torrent and the utility to my SD card or my PC? I'm downloading it to my SD card right now and still have no clue if this is right or not.

No, not all... I'm not sure what you're referring to by torrent, as that's usually a term reserved for file sharing using a program like BitTorrent.

If Matt's Droid Utility 1.82 does not have instructions on the thread, then go to the thread for version 1.7. Either you haven't read the instructions, or are misunderstanding/ misinterpreting them. Both threads can be found under the XT912 Development (I think) section.

If after reading the instructions you have questions, there are help threads for both or you can post questions within the threads themselves.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk HD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users