jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

I"d post a link to the threads, but am having a problem with my browser at the moment. I know 1.82 is stickied at the top and 1.7 should be able to be found by doing a search for "Droid RAZR Utility 1.7" :-)

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk HD

#202 stebelpm

stebelpm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationToledo OH
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx, Samsung 10.1 Tablet

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

I wouldn't doubt I am misunderstanding it. There are only 3 dowloadable files on the 1.8 thread. First is a torrent, and the next two are utilities. I have gone to the 1.8 thread and from there to the 1.7 thread, but nothing helped. The 1.7 thread says to dowload the update, and the utility, but the thread I got from here only has a torrent and two utilities, so I'm not sure where to turn. I will try to post this on the threads I was given from you all.

#203 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

From that thread, I install the torrent and the utility to my SD card or my PC? I'm downloading it to my SD card right now and still have no clue if this is right or not.

No, not all... I'm not sure what you're referring to by torrent, as that's usually a term reserved for file sharing using a program like BitTorrent.

If Matt's Droid Utility 1.82 does not have instructions on the thread, then go to the thread for version 1.7. Either you haven't read the instructions, or are misunderstanding/ misinterpreting them. Both threads can be found under the XT912 Development (I think) section.

If after reading the instructions you have questions, there are help threads for both or you can post questions within the threads themselves.

He is downloading the utility from the torrent link on the 1.82 page. The utility needs to be on your pc and you need to extract all the files to your desktop prior to running the bat file, then put phone in fastboot mode, plug into PC and hit option 1 on the utility. Let it do it's thing.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#204 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

I wouldn't doubt I am misunderstanding it. There are only 3 dowloadable files on the 1.8 thread. First is a torrent, and the next two are utilities. I have gone to the 1.8 thread and from there to the 1.7 thread, but nothing helped. The 1.7 thread says to dowload the update, and the utility, but the thread I got from here only has a torrent and two utilities, so I'm not sure where to turn. I will try to post this on the threads I was given from you all.

The torrent is just another mirror of the file since the links go down so often. You are fine to use that to download it. But you are using a torrent program to do it correct?? Utorrent or the like??

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#205 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

He is downloading the utility from the torrent link on the 1.82 page. The utility needs to be on your pc and you need to extract all the files to your desktop prior to running the bat file, then put phone in fastboot mode, plug into PC and hit option 1 on the utility. Let it do it's thing.

Oh lol I didn't realize matt included a torrent link in the OP. My bad

#206 pjt6970

pjt6970

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

Noob here. First time Razr Maxx owner & going thru this upgrade process. I'm guessing there is a step(s) that I'm missing that is obvious or understood by you all and just left out of the directions cuz its just standard knowledge as I followed the directions given and I'm still on 4.0.4. I did get the missing file thing that this guy got (see screen print if it worked) but otherwise it went thru the whole process. I'm guessing its not as simple as adding the root to phone and voila! What am I missing? What is this flashing process this guy suggested to do in the 1/15/13 post? Thank you in advance for your help.

Posted Image

#207 stebelpm

stebelpm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationToledo OH

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

I have the utility on my PC, but there is no bat file in it. I have bit torrent on my PC, but not sure how to use it with regards to the torrent file from Matt's 1.82 link. I'm not sure what I am overlooking, but I appreciate you trying to steer me through it.

#208 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

I have the utility on my PC, but there is no bat file in it. I have bit torrent on my PC, but not sure how to use it with regards to the torrent file from Matt's 1.82 link. I'm not sure what I am overlooking, but I appreciate you trying to steer me through it.

If you click on the torrent file it should open in your torrent program and d/l the utility. I would suggest just using one of the other links in the 1.82 thread to d/l the utility to save any more confusion.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#209 sk842018

sk842018

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid incredible 2/ droid RAZRxt912

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

Right click and extract rje files and it will create a folder. The 1.82 folder will have the .bat.

#210 sk842018

sk842018

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid incredible 2/ droid RAZRxt912

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

You are still on ICS. This is to root JB.

Noob here. First time Razr Maxx owner & going thru this upgrade process. I'm guessing there is a step(s) that I'm missing that is obvious or understood by you all and just left out of the directions cuz its just standard knowledge as I followed the directions given and I'm still on 4.0.4. I did get the missing file thing that this guy got (see screen print if it worked) but otherwise it went thru the whole process. I'm guessing its not as simple as adding the root to phone and voila! What am I missing? What is this flashing process this guy suggested to do in the 1/15/13 post? Thank you in advance for your help.

Posted Image

• Memnoch73 likes this

#211 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Posted Image

You are still on ICS trying to root for JB. You need to upgrade to JB first. You should d/l Matt's 1.82 utility from the link a few posts above. Use that to get back to original stock ICS then root ICS, then use the Voodoo rootkeeper to save root when updating to JB

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#212 pjt6970

pjt6970

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

You are still on ICS. This is to root JB.

Correct so how do I upgrade to JB? Isn't that what this whole process is about--the root? I'm coming from blackberry where we deleted one .dat file before installing the new upgraded file and that was it--pretty easy stuff. That's why I said I'm sure I'm missing something here.

#213 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Correct so how do I upgrade to JB? Isn't that what this whole process is about--the root? I'm coming from blackberry where we deleted one .dat file before installing the new upgraded file and that was it--pretty easy stuff. That's why I said I'm sure I'm missing something here.

You have to use the JB update first. That is the step you are skipping. Hang on I will get you a link

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#214 pjt6970

pjt6970

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

You are still on ICS trying to root for JB. You need to upgrade to JB first. You should d/l Matt's 1.82 utility from the link a few posts above. Use that to get back to original stock ICS then root ICS, then use the Voodoo rootkeeper to save root when updating to JB

Seems pretty complicated stuff to this newbie. May just wait it out instead. Don't want to F up my phone. BTW--what does to "root" mean then if I still have to upgrade to JB first? Thx for the help.

#215 stebelpm

stebelpm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationToledo OH

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

Once I extract the 1.82, it shows files of meta_int, patc, preinstall, recovery, system. It also has icons for bp.img, lte.img, ctd.bin_8G, mbm, ctd.bin_16G, mbmloader_hs, device_tree, mbmloader_ns, logo, metadata.gpb. There is still no bat file to run.

#216 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Here's the link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Root just gives you additional access to your phone. Some apps need that to run
  • ufkal likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#217 stebelpm

stebelpm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationToledo OH

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

I finally did the fastboot to the 211, and now am trying to figure out the ICS Root 4.04

#218 pjt6970

pjt6970

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Here's the link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Root just gives you additional access to your phone. Some apps need that to run

So lets see if I got this (still doesn't mean I understand any of this lingo/jargon yet)...to go to 4.1.2 I need to get the JB file somewhere and save it to phone. Then I need to back up my ICS version to a prev version so I can root it? Then I've got to get some other utility that has me do something before I can even get to JB? Then may have to do a wipe somewhere?

Root gives me addit access to do what?

#219 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

So lets see if I got this (still doesn't mean I understand any of this lingo/jargon yet)...to go to 4.1.2 I need to get the JB file somewhere and save it to phone. Then I need to back up my ICS version to a prev version so I can root it? Then I've got to get some other utility that has me do something before I can even get to JB? Then may have to do a wipe somewhere?

Root gives me addit access to do what?

Root gives you the ability to install one of our many custom roms with many unique options not found on stock. Plus there a a ton of root only apps that do many different things.

The above utility will take you back to stock ICS so you can install JB from your SD card. Prior to installing JB you can use the utility to root ICS and install OTA rootkeeper app that lets you keep root when transitioning to JB

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#220 stebelpm

stebelpm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationToledo OH

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Is there anybody who can give me a step by step breakdown on this in my vocab? I still have no idea what I'm doing here. I think I have it, then I don't. I need steps like: 1. Plug phone into computer. 2. Hit "this buton" 3. Turn Phone off 4. Hit all three buttons. 5. .... I am having a hard time following all the jargon, but the links back to older posts are most difficult. I think I'm doing everything it says, but to no avail.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users