#241 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

On topic, this topic has a new home in Off Topic. Go find it if you care :)

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#242 Droidin

Droidin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

The exploit says it is not compatible with the RHD. Does anyone know why?

#243 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

The exploit says it is not compatible with the RHD. Does anyone know why?

Ummm; because it doesn't work with the RHD? ;)

Sorry, but the answer seemed kind of obvious. That said, I suppose the hole in Smart Actions that's exploited here doesn't exist in the HD.

#244 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Sorry, but the answer seemed kind of obvious. That said, I suppose the hole in Smart Actions that's exploited here doesn't exist in the HD.

not to worry though, the HD currently has the ability to roll back to ics and take root there and rootkeeper back to JB.

DROID BIONIC on 246 via Tapatalk

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#245 Droidin

Droidin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

I guess I should have seen that coming :P

not to worry though, the HD currently has the ability to roll back to ics and take root there and rootkeeper back to JB.

DROID BIONIC on 246 via Tapatalk

I was hoping not to have to go backwards first. This one seemed much easier.

#246 ufkal

ufkal

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Max, Nexus

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Ok, I've read through everything, and from what I gather, everything is pretty dang awesome. So that means I have questions.
1. I just rooted using the DroidRazrUtility 1.82 (major pain in the rear end[the phone, not the app]{thanks to all who helped me over there to get it fixed}
2. I am at complete STOCK. I didn't install any safestrap or anything.
3. Wife has just updated Smart actions and I understand that I need to a) force stop and then B) revert update c:) if the first 2 fail, factory reset.
4. If I want her to be on JB, I need to find the ripped OTA and flash it? {this is my big big question here}
5. Then I can root her to JB using this awesomesauce exploit.
6. Dig around the forums for how to configure the wifi tether to actually work for her laptop and tablet (that is all she wants anyway. )

Thanks for taking the time to read this, for letting a Noob Razr person ask questions. I can find my way around a Nexus or a Incredible or even the Transformer Prime. Motorola just kicks my rear end for some reason.

#247 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

You're good man. Just put the JB update on your sd card and flash through Moto stock recovery

Link for JB thread:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You can also follow the instructions in the JB thread to use OTA voodoo rootkeeper to save ICS root then upgrade

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#248 ufkal

ufkal

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Max, Nexus

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

You're good man. Just put the JB update on your sd card and flash through Moto stock recovery

Link for JB thread:

You can also follow the instructions in the JB thread to use OTA voodoo rootkeeper to save ICS root then upgrade

I'm going to facepalm myself for asking this..... Moto Stock recovery is Powerbutton and down volume?....

#249 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

I'm going to facepalm myself for asking this..... Moto Stock recovery is Powerbutton and down volume?....

Lol... no worries. Hold both volumes and power from an off state
  • ufkal and kdemsky like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#250 T Rex

T Rex

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr XT912

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Looking for some help rooting this phone. It has been a thorn in my side since the ICS update in July. Rooting Gingerbread==>no problem. ADB Drivers never wanted to work with ICS so no root. Recently flashed JB on my phone and the ADB is working again.

Ran the bat file the first time and got a failed root very similar to what everyone else has been posting. Erased the Smart Actions data and now I am getting what I have below.

Any ideas? If I have to do a full reset, is there any way to back up my phone w/o root so I dont have to download everything again and reconfigure it all?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Files

#251 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

Looking for some help rooting this phone. It has been a thorn in my side since the ICS update in July. Rooting Gingerbread==>no problem. ADB Drivers never wanted to work with ICS so no root. Recently flashed JB on my phone and the ADB is working again.

Ran the bat file the first time and got a failed root very similar to what everyone else has been posting. Erased the Smart Actions data and now I am getting what I have below.

Any ideas? If I have to do a full reset, is there any way to back up my phone w/o root so I dont have to download everything again and reconfigure it all?

Run this through CMD, then CD to the folder and run again, make sure you have MTP on and Debug

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#252 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

I believe some people actually DID have root even thought the message may have said failed. I would look and see first, but I agree with Satman, I run from a Command prompt.

#253 T Rex

T Rex

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

Tried running from cmd as admin but it didn't work out. I used a root checker and still have no root or superuser.

#254 T Rex

T Rex

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

Thanks for the help though!

#255 trent1234108

trent1234108

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR XT912

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

you are above my favorite person right now. without being able to reset battery stats and set cpu to low when my screen was off my battery sucked! youre the man!!!

#256 superfly611

superfly611

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD & Vizio Tablet

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

i was sent to this thread from another link but i just wanted to know whether or not it's safe to use this on a droid razr maxx hd? I thought I saw somewhere that it was. I hate the fact that they took away free Wi-Fi tethering in the new update.

#257 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

No this is for the 912 razr only.

What are you trying to do?? Go back to ICS?? Look for Matt's 1.10 utility in the Razr HD section

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#258 superfly611

superfly611

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

I basically just want to get my free WiFi tethering back. is there a video out there that shows the complete procedure on putting it back to Ice Cream Sandwich ? I'm a better visual learner I know you need that utility and I believe you need to hold the power and both volume buttons. it seemed like it didn't do anything when I did that. I will try it again.

#259 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

I basically just want to get my free WiFi tethering back. is there a video out there that shows the complete procedure on putting it back to Ice Cream Sandwich ? I'm a better visual learner I know you need that utility and I believe you need to hold the power and both volume buttons. it seemed like it didn't do anything when I did that. I will try it again.

Theres a tweak you can do using sqlite for wifi tethering. I suggest searching for that. It takes all of 5 seconds....

#260 superfly611

superfly611

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

Don't keep me in suspense. LOL do you know how to do it. will definitely work with 4.1.1? So for all the tethering apps I found so far they keep on prompting me saying checking subscription plan. will this fix it?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users