Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Sorry for the confusion Byte,

I installed the new Nooz.apk and hid the icon. No worries. Also to what arrigob brought up, I too couldn't get N7 Media Player, GMMP, PlayerPro (and I think there was a fourth but I can't remember it right now) to work, meaning I eventually got the window that says Program has stopped responding so I also tried out NRG. Pretty cool player.

I'll check out the music players not working. Could give me the newest Noozxoide to check out?

darn, tried flashing a fresh download, still the same :(

In detail what is the process you use to get ROMS working on your XT910 and what the issue and process is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#563 shokdroid

shokdroid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

Sure - what's the best way you'd like? PM or other?

#564 sreeman

sreeman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

Previously on flick(ICS), all i did was to install on 2nd slot via BMM, flas zip flash gms patch and reboot and its done.

Now on JB (tried with safestrrap and BMM) i go to 2nd slot, flashs zip, flash patch, wipe cache/dalvik, reboot and it boots up, but stuck at the setup at the welcome page :(

#565 Sinju33

Sinju33

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationGeorgia (US)
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

Now on JB (tried with safestrrap and BMM) i go to 2nd slot, flashs zip, flash patch, wipe cache/dalvik, reboot and it boots up, but stuck at the setup at the welcome page :(

I always start by deleting the slot I'm going to use, make a new slot, and do the wipes before installing. Have you tried that?

#566 ldeveraux

ldeveraux

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

Previously on flick(ICS), all i did was to install on 2nd slot via BMM, flas zip flash gms patch and reboot and its done.

I'm also stuck there, I thought I had a bad flash. I wiped my entire phone, re-rooted, reinstalled SS 3.11, then made a new slot and flashed 1.7. On the Welcome screen, I try to start and it says "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped." Byte, any clue if it's an isolated experience, or anyone else having this issue?

#567 arrigob

arrigob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

I'm also stuck there, I thought I had a bad flash. I wiped my entire phone, re-rooted, reinstalled SS 3.11, then made a new slot and flashed 1.7. On the Welcome screen, I try to start and it says "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped." Byte, any clue if it's an isolated experience, or anyone else having this issue?

Try this if you have not already, let the phone boot up and sit for 5 minutes, reboot immediately before you do anything else and let it come back up. Then, see if it will let you continue setup. I had a somewhat similar problem like this with a previous version update and that worked for me.

#568 arrigob

arrigob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

Sorry for the confusion Byte, I installed the new Nooz.apk and hid the icon. No worries. Also to what arrigob brought up, I too couldn't get N7 Media Player, GMMP, PlayerPro (and I think there was a fourth but I can't remember it right now) to work, meaning I eventually got the window that says Program has stopped responding so I also tried out NRG. Pretty cool player.

I used NRG for a while last night, it is my new music player without a doubt. I will say that it takes a little while to get your playlists setup though. Love the audio these days Byte!
  • mattkilla likes this

#569 djuniah

djuniah

• Developer
  • 124 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

To those complaining about the 4G dropout issues, take a look here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Looks like that "leak" was definitely just a leak. Hopefully the actual update will address that issue.

#570 Sinju33

Sinju33

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationGeorgia (US)

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

To those complaining about the 4G dropout issues, take a look here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Looks like that "leak" was definitely just a leak. Hopefully the actual update will address that issue.

My 4G comment was comparing two JB ROMs... this ROM seems to hold 4G less than the other JB ROM I use.

#571 djuniah

djuniah

• Developer
  • 124 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

Ah. Well as a counter point, i had initially switched to this rom because of that exact issue on another one, and i've been perfectly fine on this one. Also, (I forget if anyone has mentioned it yet in this thread) the "quick fix" for those dropouts is to just toggle airplane mode.

#572 ldeveraux

ldeveraux

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

Try this if you have not already, let the phone boot up and sit for 5 minutes, reboot immediately before you do anything else and let it come back up. Then, see if it will let you continue setup. I had a somewhat similar problem like this with a previous version update and that worked for me.

Nothing worked until i installed it onto slot 2. That seemed to work fine despite that being the only difference. I completely deleted the original slot 1, but who knows...
  • Sinju33 likes this

#573 Sinju33

Sinju33

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationGeorgia (US)

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

For a couple days now my Amazon Market app has been asking me to update it, but whenever I go to do so I'm not able to select "install". I can scroll through the listed permissions and I can press cancel... just not install. I toggled Unknown Sources off and on and I've tried a couple other non play store apps and has the same issue with all of them. I remember having a similar problem initially installing Amazon Market in this build, but I don't remember how I got around it. Anyone else encounter this?

Attached Files

#574 Sinju33

Sinju33

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationGeorgia (US)

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

Rebooted and install issue went away. Strange.

#575 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Rebooted and install issue went away. Strange.

Haha when I don't want to help somebody in Ll my first question is,"Did you try rebooting?" It ain't always so wrong. The Pro Player not opening, I can confirm, it doesn't really give me anything helpful in the logcat though.

#576 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

New poll... this is probably going to be the most divided one lol

#577 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

Also can anybody explain to me why they like the stock browser better than Chrome?

#578 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Also can anybody explain to me why they like the stock browser better than Chrome?

I personally think chrome is slow :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#579 HSD-Pilot

HSD-Pilot

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Current Device(s):RazR

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

Stock Browser is the first thing that get kicked off from every Rom.

Chrome is great > One second and I got all my Desktop Bookmarks synced to my Phone. :ph34r:

Sent from my XT910

• mattkilla likes this

Soundcloud <> Bassgrow

#580 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Well the apks I didn't FUBAR actually look pretty good in this first build lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• Sinju33 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Droid Razr, Cyclone, Flick, Bytecode, CDMA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users