• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#21 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

^^^ Thank you so much! I hope it works as well as it's reported to. I can't OTA from VZW for some odd reason, and I guess FastBooting is my only option

Edit: OK, so i just put the file on my desktop after unzipping it and run it? like the command would be run (insert file here) ?

Needs to be in the same directory as the /files/ folder. Sometimes I have to CD into its directory as well. So if /files/ and /XT912Utility.sh are both under desktop you should be ok just do "cd Desktop" and go ahead with "sh XT912Utility.sh"

And if you are on Mac 32bit or Linux you'll need to rename the fastboot like it says in the OP.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#22 stlas.rouge

stlas.rouge

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

I'm on 64 bit Mac. So am I good to go, then?

Edit: Oh GOD D*** IT. Is it SUPPOSED to give me the wheel of death while trying to unzip the file?

Edit 2: Nevermind, it stopped bugging out. I'll see what happens now.

#23 stlas.rouge

stlas.rouge

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

The command lines are not working. I did manage to have the file unzipped via the second command given, but the chmod +x ...etc command and the last command did NOTHING. Which I guess is cool, except I needed it to fastboot my device. Am I doing something wrong? Sorry for being frustrated, I'm just really close to getting it done :D

#24 SlammedDime

SlammedDime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

The chmod command should not output anything, but 'ls -l' should show the execute bit ('x') set on the file. The last line should start up the script and give you a menu of options. If it doesn't work, it should at least spit out an error of some sort.

#25 stlas.rouge

stlas.rouge

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

It just spits me back to the desktop. I'm using a 64-bit Mac running OS X Lion. Does that help at all?

EDIT: got it. all i had to do was drop the damn file in the window...*facepalm* lol thanks guys! I just choose option 1, right?

#26 SlammedDime

SlammedDime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

Unfortunately not, I'm an Ubuntu guy, know nothing about Macs. Maybe someone else familiar with Macs can help.
  • stlas.rouge likes this

#27 stlas.rouge

stlas.rouge

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

Just pick option 1 if I want to restore to 6.11.748 Stock?

#28 SlammedDime

SlammedDime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

That's what they tell me...

Edit: Side note, it would probably be worth while for you to open the XT912 script in a text editor so you can see exactly what commands it's throwing at your phone... while you will likely not 100% understand it, every little bit helps.

#29 stlas.rouge

stlas.rouge

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

It did NOT work. Not sure what's wrong now... :(

#30 SlammedDime

SlammedDime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

More information is needed to try and help... What did it do, what error messages appeared, what did your phone do, did you follow the directions by putting your phone into fastboot mode (option 8, reboot into fastboot)...

#31 stlas.rouge

stlas.rouge

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:03 AM

^oh. see, i just manually put it into fastboot. i can do that though. let me try again.

#32 stlas.rouge

stlas.rouge

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:04 AM

it's denying permissions whenever i try to execute an option. thoughts?

#33 SlammedDime

SlammedDime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

Mac OS isn't allowing you to access the USB device... it appears, anyway

do this:
$ cd files
$ chmod +x adb
$ ./adb devices

and post the output

#34 stlas.rouge

stlas.rouge

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:13 AM

d-172-26-20-168:Desktop (name)$ cd files
d-172-26-20-168:files (name)$ chmod +x adb
d-172-26-20-168:files (name)$ ./adb devices
-bash: ./adb: cannot execute binary file
d-172-26-20-168:files (name)$

I feel like I'm f%$ked...pretty bad...lol :(

#35 stlas.rouge

stlas.rouge

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

I mean, is it supposed to be connected as a device or can i just leave it as charging?

#36 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

d-172-26-20-168:Desktop (name)$ cd files
d-172-26-20-168:files (name)$ chmod +x adb
d-172-26-20-168:files (name)$ ./adb devices
-bash: ./adb: cannot execute binary file
d-172-26-20-168:files (name)$

I feel like I'm f%$ked...pretty bad...lol

Have access to a Windows machine? Its simpler.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#37 stlas.rouge

stlas.rouge

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:17 AM

I do, but it's my roommate's...and I'm pretty sure he's trying to do work on it. I can ask though. How would you do it on Windows? I thought that process was fairly complicated when we tried it last (and I was on a non-stock ROM, and it still didn't work to fix my phone :( ).

Here's an idea though: could I just take the component bits (like system.img) and re-root, apply those in recovery, unroot, and THEN fastboot/OTA? really, all I need to do is restore the system, I'm pretty sure.

#38 SlammedDime

SlammedDime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

Not really, it's just that the version of adb in the package isn't going to work for you (not really suprising, rather than these files being incorporated into this package, a prereq of this package is that the Android SDK is already installed). There's ways around it, but it will take some additional work.

Follow these basic instructions to get adb and fastboot installed on your system:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

For step 3 - the only thing you need to install/upgrade is two packages in the Tools folder (Android SDK Tools and Android SDK Platform-tools), you can uncheck everything else.

Once you have that installed, test that it's working by running
$ adb devices (note no './')

If you have that working, we can modify the XT912 script to use your system binaries, not the ones with the package

#39 stlas.rouge

stlas.rouge

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

Confusion is now setting in. I don't see how to get it to run. Trying stuff, not working. Is there a more descriptive instruction set available?

Edit: Got to the Android SDK window. I don't see Android 2.3.5 though...wait, I got the Android SDK tools and platform-tools. Waiting for installation to finish

#40 stlas.rouge

stlas.rouge

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

d-172-26-20-168:~ (name)$ adb devices
-bash: adb: command not found
d-172-26-20-168:~ (name)$ adb devices
-bash: adb: command not found
d-172-26-20-168:~ (name)$

This is probably REALLY bad...I'm so confused right now...I would hate to be stuck on planet 2.3.5 forever... :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users