Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 79 posts
  • Twitter:obey22giant
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/109248393171126077439/about

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

Thanks to Nattybee:
'Turn phone on, when you see the Android guy DO NOT TOUCH
Then, starting with the top left corner of the screen, touch each corner of the screen clockwise (top left, then top right, then bottom right, then bottom left)
At this point you should get a FC for setup...then you should get a box asking if you're sure you want to exit setup- YES- then you should get to the screen that tells you which parts of setup you completed (except none will be checked) click OK. '

Problem solved.

I wasnt aware this was happening with this version of the Utility. Are you on Mac or Linux? And what version of the Utility did you use?

#102 networkdood

networkdood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Twitter:networkdood
  • LocationOver there

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

I wasnt aware this was happening with this version of the Utility. Are you on Mac or Linux? And what version of the Utility did you use?

I must be on the wrong version of the forum for this utility. I am using Windows 7 with the latest version of the utility. Sorry.
I love it when a plan comes together...

#103 obeygiant

obeygiant

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

I must be on the wrong version of the forum for this utility. I am using Windows 7 with the latest version of the utility. Sorry.

Haha no problem. Heart attack averted!

Sent from my Eclipse RAZR using Tapatalk

#104 kwiz

kwiz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Twitter:kwameshorter
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/103891715356168363279/posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

Thanks to Nattybee:
'Turn phone on, when you see the Android guy DO NOT TOUCH
Then, starting with the top left corner of the screen, touch each corner of the screen clockwise (top left, then top right, then bottom right, then bottom left)
At this point you should get a FC for setup...then you should get a box asking if you're sure you want to exit setup- YES- then you should get to the screen that tells you which parts of setup you completed (except none will be checked) click OK. '

Problem solved.

Whoa, it took a couple of tries, but thank you for that. Was actually going to steal my friend's PC for an evening.

I've cleared that hurdle, but I'm still getting the +10 min hangs. I'm thinking about trying a fix I Google'd earlier called EasyTether. Has anyone heard of it?

#105 kwiz

kwiz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

If you arent able to successfully complete a fastboot flash, you will not be able to boot into the OS. You may be able to flash the one file it last stopped on manually and be able to boot up by typing "sudo fastboot.osx flash mbr ./files/mbr" ,without the quotes, from a terminal inside the ./files folder to fix that unfinished flash file. However, if the flash has stopped in different areas, you may have several unfinished flash commands. If you have any access anywhere to a PC, at this point I would suggest downloading mattlgroff's Windows Version of the Utility at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and the correct drivers onto a ThumbDrive, and running the Utility on a PC to get your phone back to stock. I am more than willing to help you through this, but after some testing today, I believe the issue you are having is in fact RAM related as mattlgroff suggested. The Mac I have been testing on has 4Gb of RAM, and I took one of the 2Gb sticks out and had similar flashboot freezes as you seem to be having.

Thanks for you time in investigating my issue, Obeygiant. Couldn't get it to work with different cables and solely shutting down everything except for terminal to flash the phone and it would still hang. The EasyTether fix didn't seem to work either.

I guess I'll be using the Batman's Windows Utility to stock my phone again.

Again, I'd like to send my appreciation to all who've commented and helped with this effort.

#106 obeygiant

obeygiant

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

Thanks for you time in investigating my issue, Obeygiant. Couldn't get it to work with different cables and solely shutting down everything except for terminal to flash the phone and it would still hang. The EasyTether fix didn't seem to work either.

I guess I'll be using the Batman's Windows Utility to stock my phone again.

Again, I'd like to send my appreciation to all who've commented and helped with this effort.

Wish we couldve gotten that going for you, kwiz. Hope it works out with the Windows Utility!

#107 kwiz

kwiz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

Wish we couldve gotten that going for you, kwiz. Hope it works out with the Windows Utility!

No problem. I'm really thankful for your help and will be donating to the paypal soon.

I was able to use the Windows Utility 1.4 and got it going with no problems. And in the end we learned that a Macbook (White) 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2GB RAM. All-in-all it was worth the experience. I learned a ton about my phone. Hopefully, this'll be of use to others who have issues.

So cheers!

#108 superstargoddess

superstargoddess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

Jeebus, Goo is SLOW!
- Motorola Droid RAZR [IC3Razr- always most recent]

#109 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:24 AM

Jeebus, Goo is SLOW!

They are switching servers.If you'd like to find me another FTP that is free and easy to use let me know ;)

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#110 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

just used the updated version with 173 for linux... worked perfectly on Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit! i'm dual booted on my mac -- adb plays nicer on linux than on any other machine i've tried, so i figured thatd be the safest bet... sure enough! took about 15 minutes total. everything pushed flawlessly, no error. it does send the files in parts, but that's because the system, webtop and preinstall are too large of files to send via fastboot

so just an FYI dont wig out -- it's not stalling or looping, it's just breaking the files up into sections. Likewise, mine booted into recovery and unpacked something -- not sure what, but sure enough it booted right back up after it was done.

thanks for all the hard work on this ... saved my rear end a lot of trouble doing it manually after a long day of work and one stupid friggin' mistake flashing in recovery lol
[ sent from _base2 ]

#111 Joomla12

Joomla12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:39 AM

Well, seeing as this is the latest version for UNIX systems, I guess I'm stuck using it. Thing is, bp.img is missing from ./files so the flashing process fails.

#112 jaba

jaba

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:07 AM

These links are all broken. Anyone know if there are working files for the Razr Utility for Mac?

#113 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:58 AM

These links are all broken. Anyone know if there are working files for the Razr Utility for Mac?

I can email you my script and files for fast booting back to .181. Just PM me

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#114 sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Twitter:@sgtguthrie1
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

Any updates for 6.12.181?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

#115 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:45 AM

Any updates for 6.12.181?

lol.
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#116 sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Twitter:@sgtguthrie1
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:53 AM

lol.

Okay, glad I could amuse you, but that's not at all helpful.

In the past all my devices have had unlocked bootloaders, so this locked moto stuff is a little new. If you find that funny and want to laugh, go ahead. But at least tell me why you laughed or your post was worth absolutely nothing ;-)

This isn't xda right :-

#117 davemw

davemw

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

First post after a lot of searching.

I'm restoring back to stock. The script seems to be hung at sending 'cdrom' I've given it a solid 10 minutes.

[*] Press enter to restore your phone to stock (6.11.744)...
[*]
sending 'logo.bin' (854 KB)... OKAY [ 0.057s]
writing 'logo.bin'... OKAY [ 1.299s]
sending 'ebr' (16 KB)... OKAY [ 0.202s]
writing 'ebr'... OKAY [ 0.481s]
sending 'mbr' (16 KB)... OKAY [ 0.216s]
writing 'mbr'... OKAY [ 0.445s]
sending 'devtree' (512 KB)... OKAY [ 0.221s]
writing 'devtree'... OKAY [ 0.510s]
sending 'boot' (8192 KB)... OKAY [ 0.626s]
writing 'boot'... OKAY [ 0.833s]
sending 'recovery' (9216 KB)... OKAY [ 0.678s]
writing 'recovery'... OKAY [ 1.419s]
sending 'cdrom' (216832 KB)...

If i pull the usb it will fail and then wait for device. I hook the usb back up and it jumps to sending system.

help?

Edit:
I'm running Parallels... it kept effing with the usb connection. Quit parallels all is going as planned so far.

#118 nothing0

nothing0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:04 AM

Would it be possible to upgrade this utility to run the new files? 181/211?

#119 xxgamergirlxx

xxgamergirlxx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

I kinda want that too

#120 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

Would it be possible to upgrade this utility to run the new files? 181/211?

STiK is updating this :D

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users