DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

Just kind of a heads up for anyone that flashes it through safestrap on the safe side with their Razr's like I did. Wanted to get it out there cause some folks may not know how to recover from the soft brick.
Posted Image

#22 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

Yea, It throw'd my Razr into fastboot with the boot failure. I flashed it through the safe side, don't know if it makes any difference. I just used RSD and FB back.

Just kind of a heads up for anyone that flashes it through safestrap on the safe side with their Razr's like I did. Wanted to get it out there cause some folks may not know how to recover from the soft brick.

damn, sorry about that, i just asked matt and he verified that this method indeed doesn't work with the razr. very strange. i've removed razr update.zip link and added razr-specific insructions.

#23 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

damn, sorry about that, i just asked matt and he verified that this method indeed doesn't work with the razr. very strange. i've removed razr update.zip link and added razr-specific insructions.

No problem at all. Lol I was just glad it was me, and not someone who didn't know how to recover.:) We learn as we grow.
  • mhous33 likes this
Posted Image

#24 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

i know i shouldn't have assumed, but i can't see any reason why the dd method wouldn't work when there's no security or signature check on that partition.

#25 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

i know i shouldn't have assumed, but i can't see any reason why the dd method wouldn't work when there's no security or signature check on that partition.

Eh, it was an honest oversight. No harm done :). It is strange that the method would be different.
Posted Image

#26 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

My Razr is my primary internet device atm. So if I flash something and don't post here for a while, well then you know I fubarred it. Lol
Posted Image

#27 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

*removed*

#28 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

i added an image of the og hellomoto logo and logo.bin to the op for use with fastboot, enjoy :)

Thanks! :D
Posted Image

#29 n00dle

n00dle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Hey are you sure you can flash this in recovery for the xt912 RAZR? I was under the impression that you needed to use fastboot to replace logo.bin with the new one

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Here is an easier way:
Still got that old TBH app?
Use that to download the Razr toolbox, aka Fire donkey. Place your *. img file in the boot logo folder and it will flash it for you, no problem! Just select custom logo from the app.

#30 n00dle

n00dle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

136.39KB   23 downloads
I used the Punisher img from this link, btw

Makes for a great full screen BootLogo

#31 Mr. HQ

Mr. HQ

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

Download link isn't working anymore :(

#32 pmbasehore

pmbasehore

geek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Google+:gplus.to/pmbasehore
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR M running PACman 4.3, ASUS TF101 running KatKiss 4.2.2

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

I saw on some forums that the image has to be a specific file size -- 854K. I created one (attached) that is not that size, but I didn't see anything on this post or the XDA forums about file size. Does that not matter anymore? It is 540px by 540px, and I saved it as a RAW img in GIMP. The file size comes up as 1140K, though.

Attached Files

Droid Razr M, running OSE 4.4

Transformer TF101, running KatKiss 4.3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users