Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

That's great news.
As neoXank replied to my earlier post, doing a dirty flash works to retain the ext storage as the main(if you chose that option) for camera pics, downloads, and other app data.
Ideally I wanted a clean install for 10.2 but not having the ext as the main forced me to do a temp fix until the devs baked the storage swap option back in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Okay One last question...

Internal Storage for Apps...Is this whether to move them to Internal Storage, Move to a Phone or Move to an SD Card for better Performance and for Freeing up Space....?

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#2282 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

It simply means that Dhacker has added the sd swap option back in and if it get's accepted, it'll be in the next nightly.  It has nothing to do with your apps.  Just where your apps store their data. Don't know how else to explain it.  :)

#2283 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

With the 8/18 nightly, I followed all the same instructions as before and I still cannot connect to wifi. I'm wondering if it's my router? It works fine under stock and Eclipse.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#2284 iviarc0

iviarc0

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

Okay One last question...

Internal Storage for Apps...Is this whether to move them to Internal Storage, Move to a Phone or Move to an SD Card for better Performance and for Freeing up Space....?

The simple answer is: I want to keep just the ROMs and apps on the internal and all the app data and other stuff on the external. I rather have downloaded content save straight to the sd card rather than the internal.

The boring long explanation:
The default of cm 10.1 is to have the phones internal as the main storage for all apps, app data, pictures, downloads, etc. This internal also contains the rom slots from safestrap.
My current situation I use 3gb for slot 1, 2gb for slot 2, all of which doesn't leave me much room for other things on the internal (8gb total right?).
The advanced option in 10.1 had the option to make the external as the main storage for just app data, pictures, downloads, etc. With that the rom slots stay on the internal along with the apps, the app's data(eg. app settings) gets saved on the external, pictures taken with the camera save on the external and everything else.

As for moving apps to sd, I used to do that option with my og droid since I'd run out of internal storage but now I don't need to. I keep the roms and apps on the internal, app data and all other crap on the external.

On my og droid I felt like apps opened quicker if it was on the internal and not on the sd card, that was also dependent on the card speed though. As for the razr I didn't notice a difference so I just keep it on the internal.

• The Persuader and neoXank like this

#2285 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

With the 8/18 nightly, I followed all the same instructions as before and I still cannot connect to wifi. I'm wondering if it's my router? It works fine under stock and Eclipse.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Don't know if it is or not but I suppose it's possible.  I know some routers don't play well with Jelly Bean but if your's works on Eclipse, well that seems to eliminate JB being the problem.  Have you logged on to your router and had a look in there?  Might be some logs or something in there that might indicate what's going on.

• ibolski likes this

#2286 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR maxx

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

If I could get my corporate email to work with it I would give this ROM a spin but I can't get anything past 4.1.2 based ROMs to work with my email. If its based off 4.1.2 it works great. If is 4.2.2 or later...nothing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

#2287 Fadelight

Fadelight

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

Can everyone else connect their phone to a PC as a mass storage device? 

I've checked the known bugs lists and it has not been mentioned.

I had this issue with CM10.1 as well as CM10.2 Nightly builds. (AOKP roms as well.)  If I go into safestrap and mount as Mass Storage, it works fine. Any CM10, CM9, or stock ROMs I did not have this issue with. 

I've tried fixing permissions, clean wipe, completely deleting the ROM slot and reinstalling, everything I can think of, and I cannot get it to work. 

• ibolski likes this

#2288 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:44 AM

I had this issue with CM10.1 as well as CM10.2 Nightly builds. (AOKP roms as well.) If I go into safestrap and mount as Mass Storage, it works fine. Any CM10, CM9, or stock ROMs I did not have this issue with.

I've tried fixing permissions, clean wipe, completely deleting the ROM slot and reinstalling, everything I can think of, and I cannot get it to work.

I've had the exact same problem. No solution as of yet, but hopefully one is on the way.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#2289 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:53 AM

Don't know if it is or not but I suppose it's possible.  I know some routers don't play well with Jelly Bean but if your's works on Eclipse, well that seems to eliminate JB being the problem.  Have you logged on to your router and had a look in there?  Might be some logs or something in there that might indicate what's going on.

Well, I tried to connect to another Wifi and I get the same issue. It tries to connect and continues to cycle through authenticating,connecting, authenticating, connecting and then gives up. So, I don't think it's my router at home.

I suppose I could try this in Slot 1 as I'm using Slot 2.

2cqd4t2.png

#2290 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:26 AM

Well, I tried to connect to another Wifi and I get the same issue. It tries to connect and continues to cycle through authenticating,connecting, authenticating, connecting and then gives up. So, I don't think it's my router at home.

Authenticating is looking for a Valid Password...

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#2291 neoXank

neoXank

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorla Droid Razr XT912, Motorola Razr HD XT925

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:59 AM

What error does wifical gives to you.?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#2292 neoXank

neoXank

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:12 AM

I had this issue with CM10.1 as well as CM10.2 Nightly builds. (AOKP roms as well.)  If I go into safestrap and mount as Mass Storage, it works fine. Any CM10, CM9, or stock ROMs I did not have this issue with. 

I can connect in mass storage easily, but the read/write speed is very low. So I don't use it anymore. AirDroid works just fine.

#2293 neoXank

neoXank

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:14 AM

The simple answer is: I want to keep just the ROMs and apps on the internal and all the app data and other stuff on the external. I rather have downloaded content save straight to the sd card rather than the internal.

The boring long explanation:
The default of cm 10.1 is to have the phones internal as the main storage for all apps, app data, pictures, downloads, etc. This internal also contains the rom slots from safestrap.
My current situation I use 3gb for slot 1, 2gb for slot 2, all of which doesn't leave me much room for other things on the internal (8gb total right?).
The advanced option in 10.1 had the option to make the external as the main storage for just app data, pictures, downloads, etc. With that the rom slots stay on the internal along with the apps, the app's data(eg. app settings) gets saved on the external, pictures taken with the camera save on the external and everything else.

As for moving apps to sd, I used to do that option with my og droid since I'd run out of internal storage but now I don't need to. I keep the roms and apps on the internal, app data and all other crap on the external.

On my og droid I felt like apps opened quicker if it was on the internal and not on the sd card, that was also dependent on the card speed though. As for the razr I didn't notice a difference so I just keep it on the internal.

Looks like some good news.

Dhacker's Tweet:- "Hopefully this commit will get approved and the storage swap option will be back on Moto OMAP devices"

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2294 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:19 AM

Authenticating is looking for a Valid Password...

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Yeah, I understand that. I just don't understand why it works under stock and Eclipse but not cm10.2? Haven't tried cm10.1 since it requires slot 1 and right now I have Eclipse installed there.

2cqd4t2.png

#2295 AustinML

AustinML

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:19 AM

Flashed the 8/16 nightly (with wiping cache/dalvik and fixing permissions) and everything seemed to be working great.  However, today I plugged in a headset for a quick call and could not get the audio to re-route to the headset.  If it matters it's a fairly basic Ultimate Ears headset that I've used successfully with this phone, and previous versions of CM 10.1, since I bought the phone.  I also tried checking the option to launch a music player when the headset is plugged in and nothing launched.  I then checked on stock and a stock-based ROM and the headset worked perfectly in both.

Any suggestions?  Anything I can try to force the detection?

#2296 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

Yeah, I understand that. I just don't understand why it works under stock and Eclipse but not cm10.2? Haven't tried cm10.1 since it requires slot 1 and right now I have Eclipse installed there.

Not sure if this will help, but maybe you should reformat your SD card. I know when I was having trouble with cm10.1 I reformatted and reinstalled, then everything booted fine. May or may not help but it's worth a try.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#2297 Krunk_Kracker

Krunk_Kracker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Twitter:Krunk_Kracker
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/113737551782095597526
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX, 32gb Nexus 7

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

Just to share; I'm on the 18 nightly and everything seems to be working correctly. My wifi never worked on the previous 4.3 nightlies, but 18 fixed it. Can't wait for Focal to more stable, seems like a cool camera app. Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4
  • The Persuader likes this

#2298 kernelhappy

kernelhappy

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

Anyone happen to notice if dock is working on this build?  I haven't seen any mention of it since 10.2 dropped.  Personally I don't even care if it autosenses the dock if I can force it into dock mode.  

I could simulate it with a shortcut on the home screen to a tasker script that would turn on BT and switch the launcher to cardockv3.

#2299 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

Do think its possibly a Bad download with CM...

IMO

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#2300 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

Bionic Thread one Poster did what was mentioned... Reboot his WiFi is now working

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users