First lets set-up to stage to make the process easier for everyone.
PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
Restoring Directly to 6.11.748 using Droid RAZR Utility 1.2
- Open the ".bat" file in the extracted utility folder and you will open a screen that looks like this:
- Put your phone into AP Fastboot mode by first: Turning off the phone. (May have to hold down power + volume down for 10+ seconds to force a turn off). Now hold down both volume buttons and then the power button too (so all 3 will be pressed at the same time). A black and white text menu will pop up. Use volume down to move down the list and volume up to select. Move down to "AP Fastboot" and select it with volume up. [NOTE: You should have a lot of battery power 70% of great before attempting this. Unless you have a factory-style cable unless you want to make one. If Fastboot says "Battery: LOW" do not attempt or you will brick.]
- Plug your phone into USB on your Windows computer.
- Type in "1" in my Utilility which is "Restore Droid RAZR to 6.11.748" like in the screenshot above
- Follow the instructions to put your phone back to 6.11.748 that appear on screen.
- Go to Settings>Applcations and check the box "Unknown Sources" (Lets .apks not from market install as apps)
- Go to Settings>Applications>Development and check the boxes "USB debugging" and "Allow mock locations"
- Use option "2" entitled "Droid RAZR Root for 2.3.5 versions <6.11.744-6.11.748>. Your phone will reboot automatically
- Use option "3" entitled "Install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper App" and follow the instructions on-screen
- Open the installed app (It is a # symbol logo and it called Voodoo OTA Root... on App Drawer)
- Hit Protect root and then the screen will look like this:
- Hit the "Temp. un-root (keeps backup)" button on the app as pictured above then the screen will look like this:
- You may now upgrade to 6.12.173 by searching for the update under Settings>About Phone>System Update or by downloading and installing it via Motorola Recovery on SD card from
- When upgrade is finished you just re-open Voodoo OTA rootkeeper and hit "Restore Root" just like the above screenshot.
- Congrats you are rooted on 6.12.173!
Feel free to donate to my Razr Dev fund if you wanna help out