8 replies to this topic

#1 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

Unistalled via the application menu in phone settings. Pretty sure I've deleted all folders labeled safestrap yet it still boots up in safestrap menu. Is there a step i'm missing?

#2 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

Try using Matt's Utility tool to push .748 stock...then just update .173

ETA: I know that's the long way around doing it, but it is a surefire way to get rid of safestrap.
  • mattlgroff likes this
Posted Image

#3 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

Yeah I anticapated something like this happeneing so I downloaded his utility when he updated it a dew days ago and am charging the phone now in case it comes to that if there aren't any other options.

#4 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

Sucks bro, but that should take care of it. And definitely make sure you're fully charged. It's quite a long process to go through all the steps. 20 to 30 minutes or so.

Posted Image

#5 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:19 PM

I disabled ss via the ss menu but I don't think that gets rid of it all together. Screw it. May be best to start with a clean slate anyway. Trying to work with my 5 month old niece hanging off my arm doesn't make this any easier. LOL!!

You ever use Fastboot brother? Going to be my first time going down this road. Any other precautions other than a fully charged phone? Will it affect any back ups on my ext sd? Should I remove it before I start the process?

#6 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

I disabled ss via the ss menu but I don't think that gets rid of it all together. Screw it. May be best to start with a clean slate anyway. Trying to work with my 5 month old niece hanging off my arm doesn't make this any easier. LOL!!

You ever use Fastboot brother? Going to be my first time going down this road. Any other precautions other than a fully charged phone? Will it affect any back ups on my ext sd? Should I remove it before I start the process?

No need to worry about the sdcard. Fastboot will not touch your personal files.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#7 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

No need to worry about the sdcard. Fastboot will not touch your personal files.

Thanks for the info. Just used Matt's utility to go back to stock following his video but after it was done going thru the process and rebooted it didn't start me off fresh like I saw in the video. All my apps, Go launcher are set up as they were before I started the process. It killed root which is fine but I have no idea if this comepletely uninstalled safestrap.

Should I be good to go from here or is a complete fastboot back to square 1 necessary?

#8 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

Thanks for the info. Just used Matt's utility to go back to stock following his video but after it was done going thru the process and rebooted it didn't start me off fresh like I saw in the video. All my apps, Go launcher are set up as they were before I started the process. It killed root which is fine but I have no idea if this comepletely uninstalled safestrap.

Should I be good to go from here or is a complete fastboot back to square 1 necessary?

You are are good to go as is. It will only wipe your data if you choose to wipe it manually. I personally don't like to wipe my data because I hate going through the process of setting everything up.

#9 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

You are are good to go as is. It will only wipe your data if you choose to wipe it manually. I personally don't like to wipe my data because I hate going through the process of setting everything up.

Thankfully I'm up and running again my friend. This time on Bootstrap. Nothing like a minor anxiety attack to teach us something new. LOL!! Thanks for looking out brother! Truly appreciate it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users