Photo

[Cdma Razr][Gingerbread][Rom] Totally Stock (Rooted) .173 Flashable In Bootstrap

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#21 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

The last thing I did was RSD back to 744. Matt's utility would not work for me most likely as I was not following the proper instructions.

Something is still up as my 3rd reboot has my phone stuck at the Droid eye animation again. I think I need to give my phone an enema and start from scratch.

It's all good though. I'm learning as I go and won't make the same mistakes twice ;)

#22 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:50 PM

Going to test flashing this over top of .175, then attempting to install .176. If all goes well, this might make testing out these mini patches they keep reving up a good bit quicker for me :)

Thanks to everyone who contributed to getting this prepared.

#23 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:10 PM

Any file hashes for this?

#24 stlas.rouge

stlas.rouge

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

I probably can't use this because I'm on 748 still :( anyone know how I could get to this point?

Seriously. I know about the 748 thread made similarly to this one, BUT the link is dead. I know this is highly unrelated to this thread, BUT in order for me to be able to use this thread, I have to be able to use the other one lol. Thanks!

#25 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:50 AM

I probably can't use this because I'm on 748 still :( anyone know how I could get to this point?

Seriously. I know about the 748 thread made similarly to this one, BUT the link is dead. I know this is highly unrelated to this thread, BUT in order for me to be able to use this thread, I have to be able to use the other one lol. Thanks!

Correct. Are you on stock .748 with Root or you running a ROM on the device? If a ROM you need to fastboot back to .748, root the device and then take the OTA update from VZW to get to .173. From there you will be set to do as you wish.

@Snives no i didn't get them I uploaded the file on the run mobile for someone in a different thread and never got them

#26 Venable

Venable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:09 AM

Hi all,

I am on 173, but it was the leaked version that came out a couple of weeks before 173 was released OTA. Am I still OK to flash this?

Thanks.

#27 stlas.rouge

stlas.rouge

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:09 AM

Correct. Are you on stock .748 with Root or you running a ROM on the device? If a ROM you need to fastboot back to .748, root the device and then take the OTA update from VZW to get to .173. From there you will be set to do as you wish.

I am on stock with root. So IDEALLY I would need a ROM that is just stock rooted and then I could take the update over that, without fastbooting. Because fastbooting and I apparently don't get along well :(

#28 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:15 AM

Hi all,

I am on 173, but it was the leaked version that came out a couple of weeks before 173 was released OTA. Am I still OK to flash this?

Thanks.

The leak and the official OTA are identical (md5s are the same) if that answers your question.

[ sent from _base2 ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#29 Venable

Venable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:20 AM

The leak and the official OTA are identical (md5s are the same) if that answers your question.

[ sent from _base2 ]

That's great, thank you very much.

#30 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:35 AM

I am on stock with root. So IDEALLY I would need a ROM that is just stock rooted and then I could take the update over that, without fastbooting. Because fastbooting and I apparently don't get along well :(

If you are on a stock .748 with Root done already and have no removed or frozen any stock apps just grab rootkeeper from the Market to protect root. Once you do all you should have to do it take the OTA directly from your phone to update to .173.

#31 randomcold

randomcold

I'm a virus waiting to happen.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationTuscaloosa, Alabama

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

fixed my problem

#32 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

fixed my problem

I must have missed a post or something. What was the problem? And that said what did you do to fix it

#33 Venable

Venable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

Stuck in a boot loop with the "Droid" label coming up again and again.

I think I did everything right - wiped cache, dalvik, data, etc.

I have force-rebooted several times to no effect (other than getting back in the loop). I've also tried to get into recovery via power-up-down but just goes into the loop as well.

Any advice?

Edit: somehow I managed to get it into AP fastboot so I reflashed 6.11.744 via RSDLite and am now riding the upgrade wave back to 6.12.173.

#34 AsosaYoung

AsosaYoung

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Twitter:OGissimO
  • LocationLong Beach, Ca

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

I've been told wipe data cache and dalvik before installing? Sounds like u did it right.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#35 stlas.rouge

stlas.rouge

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

If you are on a stock .748 with Root done already and have no removed or frozen any stock apps just grab rootkeeper from the Market to protect root. Once you do all you should have to do it take the OTA directly from your phone to update to .173.

my problem is that I deleted that Madden 12 app WHILE unrooted, and then I rooted. For some reason, now I can't get the update. Very odd. Also, I think there's something wrong with the /preinstall folder. This is why I'm trying to find a stock ROM for 748 so I can fix it.

#36 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

my problem is that I deleted that Madden 12 app WHILE unrooted, and then I rooted. For some reason, now I can't get the update. Very odd. Also, I think there's something wrong with the /preinstall folder. This is why I'm trying to find a stock ROM for 748 so I can fix it.

Send me a PM with your email address. When i get home tonight I'll get you something over, besides the Madden app. however that app should not matter on an OTA working or not. The key is /system being right, correct build.prop and that your have the correct "KnowYourDevice" folder in the Preinstall folder. And I have a copy of the KnowYourDevice folder for the .748 build.

#37 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

Thank you for the file and all who worked on it. Always glad to have roms for my razr that are stock rooted or custom.

To Powerful to fall in my hands.
Claps1775
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#38 jcahill35

jcahill35

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:36 AM

I'm in serious trouble here! I'm pretty new to all of this and was following all the steps just to get to this ROM. I followed all the steps that were included here and now my phone just keeps flashing the DROID letters. It won't even go to the animation. I've gone to the CWM Recovery and tried recovery (no success), tried wiping and factory resetting and all unsuccessful. Now I'm not even sure if this is going to CWM recovery because the text is blue and says Android system recovery<3e>
Regardless, I need some serious help!

Don't know if this helps any but when it's stuck on the DROID text, you can hear the audio getting stuck and then it flashes back to DROID. I apologize for my ignorance. I thought I was doing everything correctly.

#39 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:12 AM

I'm in serious trouble here! I'm pretty new to all of this and was following all the steps just to get to this ROM. I followed all the steps that were included here and now my phone just keeps flashing the DROID letters. It won't even go to the animation. I've gone to the CWM Recovery and tried recovery (no success), tried wiping and factory resetting and all unsuccessful. Now I'm not even sure if this is going to CWM recovery because the text is blue and says Android system recovery<3e>
Regardless, I need some serious help!

Don't know if this helps any but when it's stuck on the DROID text, you can hear the audio getting stuck and then it flashes back to DROID. I apologize for my ignorance. I thought I was doing everything correctly.

You are in a boot loop. Where you on the 173 ota? If so you van just flash the system.img from 173 and it will get you back up and running.

#40 jcahill35

jcahill35

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:31 AM

I was on 173. How do I flash the system.img from 173? It seems I've tried all the recovery options and none have worked. Again, I apologize for my inexperience but I need step by step instructions to fix this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users