Photo

[Cdma Razr][Gingerbread][Rom] Totally Stock (Rooted) .173 Flashable In Bootstrap

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:37 AM

I was on 173. How do I flash the system.img from 173? It seems I've tried all the recovery options and none have worked. Again, I apologize for my inexperience but I need step by step instructions to fix this.

You need to download the 173 fastboot files and put the system.img in a folder with moto- fastboot files. I will post a link in a MIN.

#42 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

here you go !
  • jcahill35 likes this

#43 dccoh

dccoh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:07 AM

Just to clarify:

uninstall safestrap (if you have it installed)
install bootstrap
boot in bootstrap's recovery
wipe /data, /cache, dalvik cache and /system
install this like you would a rom (ie. 'install zip from sdcard')
reboot

Is that correct? I dont have to use it yet, but since i've froze bloat, installed new notification tray icons via rom toolbox pro, etc., this zip would make it much easier when the next OTA comes out.

Thanks again for this zip.

#44 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:30 AM

Awesome work on this zip! One question,is there anyway to DL it without signing up for an acct with my email....that they will just spam me to death with...last time i signed up,i used my backup email addy,and had 30 spams in 6 hrs following my sign in...I didnt have 30 the previous year,,

#45 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:16 AM

you shouldn't have to sign up for anything to download it where I have it linked. Kinda why I put it where I did. If you are still having an issue should me a PM and I'll get you a different link to it.

#46 onemotodroid

onemotodroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Twitter:onemotodroid

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:53 AM

you shouldn't have to sign up for anything to download it where I have it linked. Kinda why I put it where I did. If you are still having an issue should me a PM and I'll get you a different link to it.

i had to sign up to receive the download. No spam yet!

#47 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

thank you for the zip... i am going to keep on sd card for future use.. thanks again for the work

#48 Easymfe

Easymfe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

It does make you sign up.

#49 thadroidz

thadroidz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

Well hopefully I won't ever need this ( made nandroid at first root) but will keep it handy just encase.

Did have to sign up for anything. ( on the download page)
Are you folks talking about signing up for this forum or the fileshare site?
---MAXX'ed this post out---

#50 Easymfe

Easymfe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

The file share site makes you sign up.

#51 Klubhead

Klubhead

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

I just had a close call "brick" happen, I just want to know why it happened so I won't replicate the problem down the road lol.. here's the background:

Was stock on .173, rooted, Bootstrap, used CWM to create backup, then followed these steps for each ROM I tried:
Wipe Data/Factory Reset x3
Wipe Cache x3
Wipe Dalvik x3
Under Mounts and Storage Format /System x3
Flash

Reboot

All was fine, I went from stock rooted to:
1. AOKP AXI0M [R]AZR ICE CREAM SANDWICH 4.0.3
2. Eclipse Razr
3. Razrx
and finally
4. Totally Stock (rooted) 173

I repeated the steps above before each flash, but after flashing the Totally Stock ROM, I was stuck in a bootloop. I would see "Droid" with extremely slow animation, restarting every 10-15 seconds. I couldn't get to anything useful so proceeded to use RSD to restore back to complete stock.

Is there anything in there I did wrong that caused this? Or just a freak glitch/crash?

#52 CD Phalanx

CD Phalanx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

I just had a close call "brick" happen, I just want to know why it happened so I won't replicate the problem down the road lol.. here's the background:

Was stock on .173, rooted, Bootstrap, used CWM to create backup, then followed these steps for each ROM I tried:
Wipe Cache x3
Wipe Dalvik x3
Flash

Reboot

2. Eclipse Razr
3. Razrx
and finally

I repeated the steps above before each flash, but after flashing the Totally Stock ROM, I was stuck in a bootloop. I would see "Droid" with extremely slow animation, restarting every 10-15 seconds. I couldn't get to anything useful so proceeded to use RSD to restore back to complete stock.

Is there anything in there I did wrong that caused this? Or just a freak glitch/crash?

I had nearly the exact same thing happen to me, only with different roms... until I tried the totally stock rooted one. Then I got the same boot loop that you did. I dont know 'why' it happened, but I followed the guide from the link in the conversation, below, and it worked like a charm. Excellent tutorial that will come in handy down the road, Im sure. HUGE +1 to DirtyDroidX!

My only problem now is that both Bootstrap and Safestrap throw errors that need a 'force close' when I try to run either one (I am uninstalling one before installing the other and vice versa). Still researching to see what the solution is, but if anyone feels like pointing me in the right direction, it'd be greatly appreciated.

I'm in serious trouble here! I'm pretty new to all of this and was following all the steps just to get to this ROM. I followed all the steps that were included here and now my phone just keeps flashing the DROID letters. It won't even go to the animation. I've gone to the CWM Recovery and tried recovery (no success), tried wiping and factory resetting and all unsuccessful. Now I'm not even sure if this is going to CWM recovery because the text is blue and says Android system recovery<3e>
Regardless, I need some serious help!

Don't know if this helps any but when it's stuck on the DROID text, you can hear the audio getting stuck and then it flashes back to DROID. I apologize for my ignorance. I thought I was doing everything correctly.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

here you go !

#53 phatdaddyz01

phatdaddyz01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

Is it possible to make this rom flashable with safestrap? I like the stock rooted rom but would lke to be able to flash things like Droidth3ory's go faster. I know I could use bootstrap but I like the safety of safestrap. Any suggestions?

#54 rndchef

rndchef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:18 AM

The file share site makes you sign up.

It only auto downloads when downloading to your phone. I had same issue when trying the dl to computer.

#55 bigtank27

bigtank27

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter:bigtank24

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hey, Im new here, but not to rooting/roming... I have bootstrap, i wiped-devalik-bat stat- and installed, and now my razr is looping the "droid" boot animation, has been for 15 minutes. (going on the advice to let it sit first time) but its not seeming to boot... any help?

*edit* As i was writing this, it restarted, i let it sit for 5, but still wont boot... help?

#56 mlwald79

mlwald79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

Wipe Cache x3
Wipe Dalvik x3
Flash

Reboot

2. Eclipse Razr
3. Razrx
and finally

I had this happen to me just now. I'm using RSD now.

#57 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

I did this twice and my phone boot looped both times. Tries going back to stock .173 after eclipse 1.3...... took me 6 hours to reconfigure all the fastboot files. My computer wouldn't even recognize my phone. Sucked!!! User eeror.... I know. :-/
I have a fever..... and the only cure..... is more cowbell!!!!

#58 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:49 AM

If this boot loops you can just push the system and preinstall in AP fastboot mode. It does what the oboe zip does . The only thing is your just doing it by hand.

#59 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:07 AM

How do you "push" in AP Fastboot mode?

#60 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:10 AM

And what is an "oboe zip"?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users