Photo

[Cdma Razr][Gingerbread][Rom] Totally Stock (Rooted) .173 Flashable In Bootstrap

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:51 AM

Okay folks here is a link to the flashable 173 *.zip to get folks back to stock /system & preinstall folder for the 6.12.173 OTA update. It is rooted and has 4ever root done as well. It does NOT include the kernel or radios seeing as they can NOT be flashed in bootstrap.

★★READ THIS★★ This is for anyone that is on system version .173. If you are on 744 or 748 THIS WILL NOT WORK. So just to clarify, if you are on 173 you can use this as a clean slate or back to stock zip. Also this is only to be flashed in BOOTSTRAP RECOVERY, NOT SAFE STRAP!!!! Of you have safestrap installed uninstall it, then install BOOTSTRAP. ★★★

FILE PULLED

This file will work great for folks who have used Safe Strap and messed up the Preinstall folder. This will get you back to being able to get the next OTA to install without issue. It als oworks well for folks who have deleted and or messed with /system that is not letting an OTA update work right either. Or low and behold if you want to get back to a fresh clean slate after using a ROM and you don't want to have to Fastboot.

In closing let me state I do not take full credit for this. Shoot a thx to Nitro, DroidTh3ory, and P3droid for this work as i did only some of it. It originated from Nitro 744 flashable file that DroidTh3ory fixed up the root problem on. I then took a backup of .173 and started updating the original file I had from Nitro & DT. From there P3droid went over it and added the Preinstall stuff back into it as well. So bottom line it was a group effort with some folks not even knowing I was working on this in the back round but i figure now is the time to get it out there. Enjoy all!!!!
  • cvhovey, mattlgroff, PillClinton and 14 others like this

#2 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

Sweet! this is a great zip to have on any rooted user's sdcard! especially since DroidTh3ory just came out with another MOD package that is based off the odex stock system

Thanks to all!
[ sent from _base2 ]

#3 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

Thanks @Aix I'm sure ppl will find this very useful.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#4 juwong182

juwong182

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationann arbor, mi

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

I don't have the ability to Fastboot everytime I want to go back to stock. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank You!

#5 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

Everyone is more then welcome, Enjoy folks.

It was kind of a group effort to begin with and a test for myself. I'm on a run to see how long I can mess with the Razr/Maxx with flashing roms, getting OTA updates or using Safe Strap and NOT have to fastboot. To date i'm still on the roll with not having to ever fastboot my Razr or Maxx, WOOT!!!! Anywhoo I'm sure this will help alot of folks out who don't always have time to fastboot back to a stock .173 /system & preinstall. if anyone finds an issue plz let me know and I can get it corrected myself or ask one of the other guys to take a look. I've used it a few times myself and have not had a problem so everyone should be good to go tho

#6 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

Awesome work

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

, thank you so much!! This came at a perfect time for me as well - I've been having issues getting ADB to recognize my phone in Fastboot mode, so I wasn't able to use the command line method of restoring /system. RSD Lite wasn't working for me either.

#7 islandfever

islandfever

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

Noob question?

What is the process for this? Use Safestrap? Bootstrap? Stock Rec?

Wipe etc....flash? or no wipe...

Sorry there is SO MUCH new stuff my head is swirling and I am making sure I dont F%% things up!

#8 Digital Cha0s

Digital Cha0s

Just an Experienced N00B here :D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Twitter:@digitalcha0s
  • LocationB-Town
  • Current Device(s):Razr, Razr Maxx HD, Nexus 7 & MotoX

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

Noob question?

Sorry there is SO MUCH new stuff my head is swirling and I am making sure I dont F%% things up!

I would just use Bootstrap due to this being a stock rom and if you need to use this it would be better for you in the long run
Posted Image

#9 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

Noob question?

Definitely use either bootstrap or safestrap. This will NOT flash in stock recovery. And definitely format (wipe) /data, /cache, dalvik cache and /system.

To be honest, there are MANY different uses for this type of a zip. But regardless of any of those reasons, it is always advisable to wipe completely before trying to boot into a fresh system. Otherwise you run a strong chance of soft bricking (bootloop for instance) and then you will need to start over if using safestrap or RSD if using bootstrap. One of the main benefits of safestrap is that it is an intermediate recovery measure to avoid going straight to RSDLite in case you wind up with a system that won't boot.

[ sent from _base2 ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#10 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:53 AM

Was running Abysm Extreme and used Matt's 1Wipe2Rulethemall prior to flashing. Got as far as the "DROID" boot animation (incomplete animation) and got stuck here. Gave it some time to boot and no change.

RSD'd the stock 148 image: fails at last boot (stuck at Droid eye animation). RSD remains "In Process..." Status in RSD: PLease manually power up this phone (phone is still on and at the Droid eye animation). I can power it down and back on but the phone state is the same.

Ran Matt's Windows utility: fails at last boot (stuck at Droid eye animation)

When the phone tries to boot, I can see the SD card on my PC but can't get past the Droid eye animation.

Thoughts?

Edited by superrelaxx, 15 February 2012 - 04:51 AM.

#11 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

DO NOT use Safe Strap to flash this. You MUST use Bootstrap to flash it as I stated in the thread Title.

#12 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:50 AM

DO NOT use Safe Strap to flash this. You MUST use Bootstrap to flash it as I stated in the thread Title.

AGREED *10000 ★★ONLY FLASH IN BOOTSTRAP ★★

Any time I use this file I wipe data/cache then dalvik, batt stats and then flash it.

To the person using RSD and can't boot, after you use RSD you have to do a Factory data reset in stock recovery. Hard reset the phone and when it goes to black screen let go and hurry up and hit both volume buttons and power to bring up the option to select recovery.

#13 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

Why is that? I'm just curious -- I used to use bootstrap but I've switched to save strap now and use it exclusively... thanks!

[ sent from _base2 ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#14 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

Why is that? I'm just curious -- I used to use bootstrap but I've switched to save strap now and use it exclusively... thanks!

[ sent from _base2 ]

2 reasons.

One Safe Strap does NOT allow you to flash to the main partition of the device when safe mode is disabled. the other problem is when safe mode is enable and you try flashing this *.zip it is trying to flash /system & preinstall to the Preinstall folder which is a problem needless to say. Reason being is Safe mode is using the Preinstall folder for the 2nd partition so you can be setup with the dual boot.

That is why the tile says "Flashable in Bootstrap" I wanted to make it clear this is for Bootstrap only.

#15 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

2 reasons.

One Safe Strap does NOT allow you to flash to the main partition of the device when safe mode is disabled. the other problem is when safe mode is enable and you try flashing this *.zip it is trying to flash /system & preinstall to the Preinstall folder which is a problem needless to say. Reason being is Safe mode is using the Preinstall folder for the 2nd partition so you can be setup with the dual boot.

That is why the tile says "Flashable in Bootstrap" I wanted to make it clear this is for Bootstrap only.

thanks for the explanation -- I definitely didn't know that you couldn't format or flash to the /system even if safe mode is disabled. I always figured I could but i've just never done it because i've always kept that partition intact. I've always stuck with flashing to /preinstall instead for safety (obviously).

Thanks for the info!
[ sent from _base2 ]

#16 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:17 AM

thanks for the explanation -- I definitely didn't know that you couldn't format or flash to the /system even if safe mode is disabled. I always figured I could but i've just never done it because i've always kept that partition intact. I've always stuck with flashing to /preinstall instead for safety (obviously).

Thanks for the info!

No Prob. Just an fyi if you are interested here is the Instructions for SafeStrap and how the different modes work. Hashcode setup this way as a safety precaution as t owhy you can NOT flash to the main partition

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#17 willmiii

willmiii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

Just wondering: I'm currently on rooted 748 in safe mode with abysm 1.1 rom. I want to run rooted 173 to flash eclipse. Should I disable safemode and run regular rom before flashing this zip using bootstrap recovery? Or can I disable safemode recovery and then download bootstrap recovery while currently in my safemode rom and flash this zip?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#18 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

Just wondering: I'm currently on rooted 748 in safe mode with abysm 1.1 rom. I want to run rooted 173 to flash eclipse. Should I disable safemode and run regular rom before flashing this zip using bootstrap recovery? Or can I disable safemode recovery and then download bootstrap recovery while currently in my safemode rom and flash this zip?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

If you are on .748 this ZIP will not do you any good. To get current you need to go back to stock .748 and take the OTA update from VZW to get to .173 first. Then move forward with flashing a ROM of your choice. Reason being is this ZIP is only /system & preinstall of the 6.12.173 software. It will not flash the updated radios, kernel, bootlaoder...etc that is part of the actual 6.12.173 OTA update and is the ONLY way you can get fully updated

#19 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

Well, oddly enough the phone is working again. I left it home on the charger and 12 hours later, I find that it [finally] booted up and I'm on stock 744. Running the OTA to 748, then OTA again to 173.

#20 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

Well, oddly enough the phone is working again. I left it home on the charger and 12 hours later, I find that it [finally] booted up and I'm on stock 744. Running the OTA to 748, then OTA again to 173.

well that is a major plus. However I'm baffled on how you are on 744 if you used Matt's Utility. I could have swore it was updated to 748 unless you still have his older version which started as 744.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users