#1 desdecardo

desdecardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Hey guys,

Im having issues with my Droid Razr Maxx.

WiFi is spotty. Its like this on stock and on every rom I have tried. Sometimes it has a strong signal but apps and webpages wont load. Sometimes it goes from a strong (3 or 4 bars) then down to Zero signal strength then back up to a strong signal strength in a second. I've tried this on multiple routers. Other devices I have on my home router do not have this problem. I have the option in WiFi to stay connected to weak signals and to stay on while sleeping (it does the same thing with those options turned off). I havent dropped my phone or anything. Im just baffled. I am still under warranty with the phone insurance company. Would really like to keep this phone. But I am at my whits end.

Anyone have any advice or tips to try to trouble shoot?
~~Current Rom: Black Widow HDish~~

#2 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

Hey guys,

Im having issues with my Droid Razr Maxx.

WiFi is spotty. Its like this on stock and on every rom I have tried. Sometimes it has a strong signal but apps and webpages wont load. Sometimes it goes from a strong (3 or 4 bars) then down to Zero signal strength then back up to a strong signal strength in a second. I've tried this on multiple routers. Other devices I have on my home router do not have this problem. I have the option in WiFi to stay connected to weak signals and to stay on while sleeping (it does the same thing with those options turned off). I havent dropped my phone or anything. Im just baffled. I am still under warranty with the phone insurance company. Would really like to keep this phone. But I am at my whits end.

Anyone have any advice or tips to try to trouble shoot?

Guessing your issues with Wifi is Outside of your Home at other location for Connecting...Each Location you visit that request a connection should allow you as a Guess or Entry of a Password work at your location...

> Is your Auto-Connect for Wifi Checked to Automatic connect
> If your connecting at Home and your Signed in and everything is working I am not sure

I know this didnt help but it should Auto Connect...Call Verizon and Ask some Question before you bring it back...If your NOT ROOTED...than Visit your nearest location

Good Luck

Its Bubba

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#3 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

Give this setting off a try
Settings/Wifi/Menu button/Advanced/ Uncheck Avoid poor Connections

Edit I missed the point you tried that already

Edited by satman80, 05 February 2013 - 06:20 AM.
Read the OP again lol

• ibolski likes this

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#4 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

Also, I would seriously Try updating the firmware on the router, and make sure you have selected all Compatible Signals Make sure B & G are enabled and not just G..

What is the model and version number and brand of your Wireless router?

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users