• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Maxximized

Maxximized

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

I can barely hear most people on my phone...i have the volume all the way up everywhere i know to turn it up...and as far as i know I'm not hard of hearing...is there any way to make this sucker louder?

This space for rent

#2 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

Have you tried to Turn the Volume up during on a phone call.. ?

Also, Moving to --- > Droid Razr General [XT912] Reason Non-'Emergency' situation

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#3 Maxximized

Maxximized

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:03 AM

Yes, I'm constantly hitting the volume up button during phone calls hoping that i inadvertently turned it down. Sorry for posting in the wrong area...:)

This space for rent

#4 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

Yes, I'm constantly hitting the volume up button during phone calls hoping that i inadvertently turned it down. Sorry for posting in the wrong area... :)

This space for rent

Oh its ok, No big deal really, just organizing a bit.. 2 second click :)

Hmmmm, Did this happen suddenly? Can you think of anything you may have installed that might have caused this issue? Are you using Something like Beats Audio, like an EQ?

Are you positive you changed your batteries on your hearing aid :P lol

Posted Image

#5 Maxximized

Maxximized

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

Naa, it's really been a problem since I had it...just never thought to post about it. I love the phone overall, just wish i could hear people on it a tad bit better. And yes, i replaced the batteries in my hearing aid just last week...:)

This space for rent

#6 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

Naa, it's really been a problem since I had it...just never thought to post about it. I love the phone overall, just wish i could hear people on it a tad bit better. And yes, i replaced the batteries in my hearing aid just last week... :)

This space for rent

Honestly it could be a hardware issue, otherwise I would try and reload everything, using unbrick etc

Posted Image

#7 Maxximized

Maxximized

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

Alright, I'll look into that...thanks bud!

This space for rent

#8 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

Alright, I'll look into that...thanks bud!

This space for rent

Swing into How To's or click here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Posted Image

#9 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

if it's been an issue since you got it i'm guessing hardware. but also just an fyi, at least on ics, you have to move the phone away from your face so that the screen lights up in order for the volume buttons to work. if the phone is still against your face the volume won't change.

#10 Maxximized

Maxximized

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

Thanks, I'll make a note to check that when my ear is away from it, but i think it shows max volume. Would be nice if that was the issue though!

Edit...checked it, it's up all the way...still not very loud...it might just be something i either have to live with or new phone time...

This space for rent

#11 Maxximized

Maxximized

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

I'm looking into possible hardware issues, but in the meantime, there isn't any app such as volume + that actually amplifies the earpiece volume? I mean, it seems like there would be, volume + controls every speaker BUT the earpiece...

This space for rent

#12 Tubesteak

Tubesteak

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

Try adding ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=10 at the bottom of your build.prop. The default is =7. Open script manager, navigate to /system, press menu,advanced,mount system as rw. Then open build.prop,when prompted I chose rb text editor and then add the line mentioned above. This is tinkering with system files so be sure to take all necessary precautions beforehand nandroid backup etc.I thought it made a difference on my razr but since I had no way of doing a side by side comparison it may just be a placebo effect but definetly worth a shot.Good Luck!

• Maxximized likes this

#13 mkarps

mkarps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

I've had to replace the loudspeaker on a Maxx and it was pretty easy. Assume the ear speaker is as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#14 Maxximized

Maxximized

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

Try adding ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=10 at the bottom of your build.prop. The default is =7. Open script manager, navigate to /system, press menu,advanced,mount system as rw. Then open build.prop,when prompted I chose rb text editor and then add the line mentioned above. This is tinkering with system files so be sure to take all necessary precautions beforehand nandroid backup etc.I thought it made a difference on my razr but since I had no way of doing a side by side comparison it may just be a placebo effect but definetly worth a shot.Good Luck!

Thanks bud, I'm gonna try this!

This space for rent

#15 Maxximized

Maxximized

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

I tried editing it, but it says i only have read permission. Do i have to be rooted to edit this?

Edit, found my answer. Guess this is just one more reason to root.

This space for rent

#16 Tubesteak

Tubesteak

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

Yes I'm sorry I forgot to mention that this does require root access.

#17 Maxximized

Maxximized

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

Well I'm on the fence...still not sure if i want to venture into rooting again, was kind of a disaster last time.

This space for rent

#18 Tubesteak

Tubesteak

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

If I may ask what was the trouble last time?

#19 Maxximized

Maxximized

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:32 AM

Well, it was a few things. First, something went awry with the actual root process and the phone just kinda became useless. Finally got that fixed and got it rooted, did a few things to it (changed boot animation and some general appearance stuff, installed some basic root programs) and then went to reboot it and it froze at the boot animation. Took me about 7 hours to fix it, then i wiped it back to stock and left it.
But i didn't know enough about root to know what i was doing while it was rooted. I mean, i was like a kid with a lifted truck who had never left the pavement...knew i had something cool, but had no idea what it was capable of or what to do with it. I still really don't, just gotta do more reading and see if i can dive off into it better prepared this time.

This space for rent

#20 Tubesteak

Tubesteak

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

I don't know how you rooted your phone before but you should check out Matt's utility. Its an incredible tool that roots your device amongst a few other things and holds your hand through the entire process. Just because you have root doesn't mean you have to go all crazy. Only reason I originally rooted my device was because every time Motorola released an update it broke certain features on my device.I needed root just to fix Motorola's shortcomings and from there it slowly evolved. With the support of this great community here I was able to root with confidence because not only are there answers to everything here but also a ton of great people who are more than willing to offer their help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users