1460 replies to this topic

#41 btdl7

btdl7

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Safestrap 3.twelve... I would never flash a rom into the stock slot, just to be safe. I'd recommend making a new rom slot with at least 2gb.

Thanks for the info, but I thought that 3.12 finally had the ability to flash ROMs into the stock slot. I don't know if the ROMs have to be specifically set up for it though, so that's why I was checking if this one would work in the stock slot. Every other ROM I've tried in slot 1 is by far slower, which makes them useless as daily drivers. If the stock slot gets messed up, I can always re-flash it to the factory 4.1.1 leak. I just want to know if it's even worth trying before I go through the whole ordeal.

#42 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5, Nexus 10

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

Thanks for the info, but I thought that 3.12 finally had the ability to flash ROMs into the stock slot. I don't know if the ROMs have to be specifically set up for it though, so that's why I was checking if this one would work in the stock slot. Every other ROM I've tried in slot 1 is by far slower, which makes them useless as daily drivers. If the stock slot gets messed up, I can always re-flash it to the factory 4.1.1 leak. I just want to know if it's even worth trying before I go through the whole ordeal.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

According to this, you should be able to. I haven't heard of roms on partitions running slower than on the stock side... this is new to me. Is there a specific reason they run slower when installed on partitions, or just personal experience?

Flashing on the stock side with this rom is untested, though, but if you go ahead and do it... let me know how it goes and how the performance is!

Posted Image

#43 btdl7

btdl7

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

According to this, you should be able to. I haven't heard of roms on partitions running slower than on the stock side... this is new to me. Is there a specific reason they run slower when installed on partitions, or just personal experience?

Flashing on the stock side with this rom is untested, though, but if you go ahead and do it... let me know how it goes and how the performance is!

I know I've seen others (maybe on diferent forums) confirm that the ROMs run slower in slots. I don't know why that is for certain, but if i'm understanding it correctly, the ROM slots are created on the internal memory card, which has slower filesystem access then the system partition.

I might try flashing this to the stock slot sometime this weekend, and I'll report my results
  • sb8636 likes this

#44 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:18 AM

I know I've seen others (maybe on diferent forums) confirm that the ROMs run slower in slots. I don't know why that is for certain, but if i'm understanding it correctly, the ROM slots are created on the internal memory card, which has slower filesystem access then the system partition.

I might try flashing this to the stock slot sometime this weekend, and I'll report my results

I didnt no they ran slower in the slots or why but I can verify that they do. I tkink you are correct.
  • sb8636 likes this

#45 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

That's interesting and makes sense. I may have to try it, just to have a taste at perfection.

Posted Image

#46 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

It must be true about slots because what other reason would there be to flash in stock 4 aren't enough oil.

#47 psykick5

psykick5

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

Thanks this ROM works really well! I've been waiting for a more stock ROM to come out and you have done it! Thanks! Only issue I have is delivery reports for SMS don't work they just give a red erorr icon instead of the check mark for delivered.

#48 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

Thanks this ROM works really well! I've been waiting for a more stock ROM to come out and you have done it! Thanks! Only issue I have is delivery reports for SMS don't work they just give a red erorr icon instead of the check mark for delivered.

I don't use delivery reports, so I hadn't noticed that until I tried it just now. The messages definitely are delivered, though. I'm constantly looking for a better messaging apps, though, so I may change it in the future. I'm glad you like the rom, though, I'll continue to try and bring it closer to stock and improve little things here and there.

Posted Image

#49 psykick5

psykick5

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

I don't use delivery reports, so I hadn't noticed that until I tried it just now. The messages definitely are delivered, though. I'm constantly looking for a better messaging apps, though, so I may change it in the future. I'm glad you like the rom, though, I'll continue to try and bring it closer to stock and improve little things here and there.

Yeah they do get delivered but I just noticed that quirk. I hope soon enough you can get more of the Moto stuff off (lock screen, dialer, etc.), but I am perfectly content with the ROM as it is right now.

#50 btdl7

btdl7

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

Just an FYI: this ROM definitely can't be loaded into the stock ROM slot. It errors out almost immediately after starting the installation.

#51 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

Just an FYI: this ROM definitely can't be loaded into the stock ROM slot. It errors out almost immediately after starting the installation.

Well at least you tried would love to see if it makes a difference.

#52 xcodybx

xcodybx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Can we get a mirror dl?

#53 xcodybx

xcodybx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Disregard

#54 Dekunuts

Dekunuts

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Nexus HD

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

I just thought I should say that I've used a number of ROMs for a multiple devices. This has been the most stable and well put together of them all. Very good work.
  • adamjmtz likes this

#55 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

im still trying a way to get a mail apk prefer a stock mail client ..... any ideas?

UPDATE: I JUST PULLED ONE FROM STOCK MOTO MAIL APK AND CONFIG MAIL APK.... WORKS GREAT!!!!!

#56 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Twitter:dunttt
  • Google+:jon36m@gmail.com
  • LocationChicago IL
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

Second ROM I've flashed since switching from og Maxx. Running very smooth and I think this is what I will be running as my daily driver for a while! Great job!
  • adamjmtz likes this

#57 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

im still trying a way to get a mail apk prefer a stock mail client ..... any ideas?

Try maildroid or aquamail better than stock and free
  • Nubia1 likes this

#58 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Pull it from here:

Just grab the apks you want from system/app, put it on your phone's sd card, then use root explorer to paste it into system/app on your rom. Make sure to set permissions to r-w-r-r
  • Nubia1 likes this

Posted Image

#59 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

Second ROM I've flashed since switching from og Maxx. Running very smooth and I think this is what I will be running as my daily driver for a while! Great job!

I'm working on some updates and cosmetic improvements, hopefully it will get even better!

Posted Image

#60 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Twitter:dunttt
  • Google+:jon36m@gmail.com
  • LocationChicago IL
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

I'm working on some updates and cosmetic improvements, hopefully it will get even better!

To get circles widget back all I need is the factory home screen correct?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: razr, nexus, aosp, rom, 4.3 camera, moto x, photo sphere, motorola, mhous33, Kit Kat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users