1460 replies to this topic

#961 RoomTenONine

RoomTenONine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

This has been my daily driver since the phone was unlocked.  I've used the common 4.2/4.3 roms and like many know the bugs, lag and battery can't hold a candle to the 4.1.2 ROMs, especially this one.

I love the new updates.  Wish the lock screen clock would be centered properly, but otherwise it is running perfectly.  I have Sliding Messaging custom themed to look a lot like the AOSP colors and Hangouts UI in this update!

#962 woodjc01

woodjc01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationJackson, TN
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

I redownloaded the ROM and installed per instructions. I ran fine with no failure to wake from screen lock until I set a pattern lock under security settings. Had to force into recovery, wipe everything, then reinstall...again. Running ROM now with a pin lock set under security settings instead of a pattern and all is well at the moment. I believe it is somehow failing to render the pattern lock page when the physical lock button is pressed and that is causing the black screen of death as it is called.

I'll look at this when I get home from work today.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

IMO, the font size of the lock screen clock is too large, especially with a two-digit hour. Because of its size, it stretches across nearly the entire width of the screen and covers part of the ring/vibrate slide switch that is in the upper left of the lock screen, causing the screen to look cluttered. 

#963 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5, Nexus 10

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

This has been my daily driver since the phone was unlocked.  I've used the common 4.2/4.3 roms and like many know the bugs, lag and battery can't hold a candle to the 4.1.2 ROMs, especially this one.

I love the new updates.  Wish the lock screen clock would be centered properly, but otherwise it is running perfectly.  I have Sliding Messaging custom themed to look a lot like the AOSP colors and Hangouts UI in this update!

I'm still trying to get the clock centered. There's some motorola theming that I haven't figured out yet. I really like sliding messaging too, but it can lag a bit sometimes and is slow to open. I'm glad you like the rom!

Posted Image

#964 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

IMO, the font size of the lock screen clock is too large, especially with a two-digit hour. Because of its size, it stretches across nearly the entire width of the screen and covers part of the ring/vibrate slide switch that is in the upper left of the lock screen, causing the screen to look cluttered. 

You must've flashed improperly because I removed the ring/vibrate toggle from the framework. It should look like the picture I've got in the OP.

edit: if you've flashed modifications, these might interfere as well.

Posted Image

#965 tmord1

tmord1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

Hi, Thanks for updating this rom, it is my favorite. A quick question, I am still a noob , so please forgive me if it's a silly question. In my previous install of 3.2, when I held the power button, I had the choice of individual buttons for power off, reboot, recovery or bootloader ; I seem to have lost that in 3.3, reboot /recovery are 1 button and it seems to Default to reboot. I have only been able to access recovery using the side hard buttons. Am I missing something obvious? Is there a file that I can pull from 3.2 to get the old screen, or perhaps an app? In any case, thanks for your hard work, I really love this rom!

#966 RoomTenONine

RoomTenONine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

In my previous install of 3.2, when I held the power button, I had the choice of individual buttons for power off, reboot, recovery or bootloader ; I seem to have lost that in 3.3, reboot /recovery are 1 button and it seems to Default to reboot. I have only been able to access recovery using the side hard buttons. Am I missing something obvious?

Tap for reboot, hold for recovery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

• tmord1 likes this

#967 tmord1

tmord1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

RoomTenONine, on 07 Oct 2013 - 6:59 PM, said:

Tap for reboot, hold for recovery.

Thanks, I thought I was missing something obvious!! :-)

#968 woodjc01

woodjc01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationJackson, TN

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

You must've flashed improperly because I removed the ring/vibrate toggle from the framework. It should look like the picture I've got in the OP.

edit: if you've flashed modifications, these might interfere as well.

Let me clarify. I am referring to the lockscreen with the number pad that comes up when you have a pin to unlock set under security settings, not just the swipe to unlock screen as pictured. Please, set a pin of your own and see if your lock screen looks like I described.

#969 RoomTenONine

RoomTenONine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

Thanks, I thought I was missing something obvious!! :-)

No worries. I almost posted the same question and just happened to give a long press a shot. Glad we figured it out.

#970 robertle85

robertle85

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

Works flawlessly via Safestrap. It's faster than the previous version :) Thank you!

#971 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

OP updated with new version. Thanks for reporting issues!

• legend221 likes this

Posted Image

#972 legend221

legend221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR HD

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

OP updated with new version. Thanks for reporting issues!

Thank you so much for keeping to update this Rom. I had your earlier version and was soo impressed. Currently I've flashed another 4.1.2 rom and lets just say the battery life is subpar compared to your Rom. Once I get the chance I will download and flash the newest version. Can't wait to have my fast, stable, force close free and battery friendly Rom on my device.

I thank you soo much for your hard work and effort in improving the already amazing work. It is most certainly a groundbreaking Rom.

For any out there debating, do not hesitate and give it a try.

• adamjmtz likes this

#973 woodjc01

woodjc01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationJackson, TN

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:55 AM

Thank you very much for your work on this rom. I have ran Nexesque forever and will be flashing the update immediately. Keep up the good work.

#974 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:28 AM

I'm not sure why, but to enable bookmark sync for aosp browser you have to go to: settings/accounts/Google/your email address and check the 'browser' box.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Posted Image

#975 sipple31

sipple31

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationWisco

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

Is this the true AOSP lockscreen where you can set your own shortcuts?  If so - where are those settings?  If not - It's beautiful anyways....   ;)

#976 bjoostema1933

bjoostema1933

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD Maxx /Nexus 7

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

Adam, thank you for continuing development on this rom!  I have spent a lot of time checking out every single available rom and have finally decided that I would rather have stability over features and just know that my phone would work when I needed it to.  Our dev community has come a long way and it is truly impressive what is being done, but true stability still seems fairly elusive-but not with this rom.  I'm really digging the changes that you have made and am extremely content with your last build.  Strong work buddy and, again, thank you.  It's nice knowing that everything just works :)  

#977 bjoostema1933

bjoostema1933

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD Maxx /Nexus 7

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

Is this the true AOSP lockscreen where you can set your own shortcuts?  If so - where are those settings?  If not - It's beautiful anyways....   ;)

It's the pure stock 4.1.2 aosp lockscreen. The ability to add shortcuts is, from my understanding, more of a custom rom specific thing and not really pure android  :) as of now, there is no such option on this rom

#978 PUNISHERB273

PUNISHERB273

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR Maxx HD

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

Awesome update to my favorite ROM. Any way to add the kill all button to recent screen?

#979 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

Awesome update to my favorite ROM. Any way to add the kill all button to recent screen?

Likely no.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Posted Image

#980 sk8ingdroid

sk8ingdroid

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr MAXXX HD

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

Great ROM working perfectly so far(2days) on Safestrap

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: razr, nexus, aosp, rom, 4.3 camera, moto x, photo sphere, motorola, mhous33, Kit Kat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users