CM Master

• Developer
  • 49 posts
  • Twitter:dhacker29
  • Google+:davidhackerdvm@gmail.com

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:46 AM

IC3RAZR ALPHA for 6.12.17X

YOU MUST BE ON THE 6.12.17X UPDATE TO RUN THIS OR YOU WILL PROBABLY BRICK

Well here it is ICS for the DROID RAZR alpha build.

A HUGE THANKS TO:

DroidTh3ory for getting me excited about building ROMs to start with!!
AOSP and CyanogenMod for all the hard work on the source
Hashcode for merging the motorola code into framework base and system core and setting up the initial device and vendor trees for sypder, as well as sharing his progress on the DROID 3 with us and letting me hit his GTalk all the time. Without his initial work NONE of this would have been possible.
LiQuIDzGrL for the cool boot animation
Google for giving us Android to play with
ALL DEV's in forums everywhere for giving me the inspiration that I can do this too!!!

All source is available at:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

DETAILS:

CM 9 ICS_MR1 and AOSP (ICS 4.0.3_r1)

What works:
Graphics working smooth (Hashcode)
Touchscreen
Capacitive buttons (Hashcode)
Charging indicator (Hashcode)
BlueTooth
Both SDCards mounting on phone
Builtin Screenshot (CM)
Reboot menu (CM)
Phone and SMS works
GPS fully functional

Audio fully working (Hashcode audio wrapper based on tpruvot's Defy work)
USB mounting of external SDcard (internal will not PC mount)
Gallery recognizes both cards (Hashcode)

1x/3G/LTE data working
NOTE: New GSM only mode under Settings/Wireless & Networks/More/Mobile Networks/Network Mode/ Select GSM only wait till the screen flashes twice (or it says 4G SIM detected would you like to switch to LTE/CDMA) then switch to LTE/CDMA. Data will come up.

NOTE: OLD Method You may have to dial *#*#4636#*#* (or use Phone Info from the market) and toggle data mode between modes. For me toggling to GSM only till the screen flashes and then back to GSM/CDMA auto (prl) works perfect. It will show data for a sec then flash off and about 30 seconds it will pop up to full data.

Not working:
ADB
Camera

INFORMATION: READ THIS!!!!

This is an alpha build and SafeStrap for the RAZR is the easiest way to test it as you don't loose your main rom, but it also has full support for 2nd init booting in CWR through RAZR Bootstrap.
Don't blame me if screw up your phone Posted Image

INSTALL AND DOWNLOADS

SafeStrap for RAZR:

ROMS:

MD5:

Google Apps or GApps as they are called are no longer included in the ROM. Please download both packages and flash the ROM followed by the GApps then boot up.

Fixed Google Text To Speech!

Flash in recovery with ROM or later no wipe

Read the intro and changelog before asking "Why doesn't this work" Posted Image

SCREENSHOTS

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

CHANGE LOG

V ALPHA 01-25
First public alpha release.

V ALPHA 02-12
Updated to 6.12.17X system.
Gapps are no longer included and are a seperate flash now.

• mattlgroff, _base2, coletrane09 and 1 other like this

#2 tweakhax

tweakhax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Google+:116149427927563718815
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:25 AM

NOTE: New GSM only mode under Settings/Wireless & Networks/More/Mobile Networks/Network Mode/ Select GSM only wait till the screen flashes twice (or it says 4G SIM detected would you like to switch to LTE/CDMA) then switch to LTE/CDMA. Data will come up.

Thank you for this! Love the new build!
  • mgarney26 and _base2 like this
Dedicated to preserving the art of the Crackflasher ---- Where's my stylus?

#3 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Maxx

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:55 AM

I am running the latest build (2/14). I have noticed when booting, it will sit on the dual core splash screen and not move on. I press Volume +/- and power (hold them) It boots again to the CWM screen. I choose reboot and it boots up fine. This has replicated Itself (for me) at least a couple of times. Any thoughts?

Love this build...Any progress whatsoever on the camera? I am currently carrying my IPOD Touch 4g with me for picture taking... :)
Posted Image

#4 tweakhax

tweakhax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:17 AM

I am running the latest build (2/14). I have noticed when booting, it will sit on the dual core splash screen and not move on. I press Volume +/- and power (hold them) It boots again to the CWM screen. I choose reboot and it boots up fine. This has replicated Itself (for me) at least a couple of times. Any thoughts?

Love this build...Any progress whatsoever on the camera? I am currently carrying my IPOD Touch 4g with me for picture taking... :)

This may be the oldest advice in the book, but it's something to try or consider. Have you done a data wipe via the regular recovery menu?

#5 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:17 AM

D/L'd this last night and was debating on flashing it. Think I'm gonna go ahead and do it! Thanks for the update and your hard work is much appreciated!

ETA: Just not looking fwd to reflashing everything...including inverted gapps :P
Posted Image

#6 mgarney26

mgarney26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Twitter:mgarney26
  • Locationmobile alabama

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:32 AM

Thank you for this! Love the new build!

i was just fixing to ask why i can only get data when my wifi is turned on...but this seems to have done the trick

#7 tweakhax

tweakhax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:43 AM

D/L'd this last night and was debating on flashing it. Think I'm gonna go ahead and do it! Thanks for the update and your hard work is much appreciated!

ETA: Just not looking fwd to reflashing everything...including inverted gapps :P

I've tried to install inverted gapps but it keeps messing up. Any tuts you can direct me to or advice?!

#8 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:49 AM

Thanks for a great update dhacker!

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#9 arsenic1234

arsenic1234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:00 AM

Obviously if we are running the older version 2/9 we need to factory wipe and reinstall the entire process right?
Same with gapps and inverted gapps?
When I used the all in one package for gapps and even the single download of the message app i did have some bugs on my Maxx. When I would scroll the screen white blocks would pop up and then get replaced by black after it scrolled, anyway to fix this? Thanks to got556 for the posts and links on them in the other thread.
Also, in ICS (or this port), anyway to turn off the 4G radio and just use 3G?
In the stock you can use 3G and 3G/LTE setting but I didn't see that under my ICS settings or in Phone Info app.
90% of the time I don't have 4g Access so no point for searching for it.
Any insight appreciated and great ROM so far other than the camera not working, and ICS (cyanogenmod port) not having all the menus up and running (placeholders).
Should we be looking at mydroidworld or here for the most current progress on this ROM also? I saw the update went there first before the post here.

#10 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

Awesome ROM dhacker!!!

The message that i have a 4g card inserted only popped up at first boot but its fine since i just switch to cdma/lte once the screen flashes

Keep up the good work! This is way better than waiting on Motorola for an ICS update
Posted Image

#11 GTiceman

GTiceman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

just put this on and it is amazing thanks guys for all your hard work

does anyone have a working visual voicemail solution for this yet?

#12 Greengoo

Greengoo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

Great rom. It just needs to get the camera working and I had a problem getting the data working on this package. I am on a CDMA network and even switching to GSM I still have no data.

#13 zephyrus14

zephyrus14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter:@johnmarciniak
  • LocationThe Region

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

Great rom. It just needs to get the camera working and I had a problem getting the data working on this package. I am on a CDMA network and even switching to GSM I still have no data.

I am also having this issue.

#14 bb12489

bb12489

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

I am also having this issue.

I have this same issue, which is preventing me from running this as my daily driver as I need to recieve emails from my job on my phone. I toggle the data just as instructed and it does connect up to 3G and 4G, but it will eventually lose connectivity.

#15 tweakhax

tweakhax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

I have this same issue, which is preventing me from running this as my daily driver as I need to recieve emails from my job on my phone. I toggle the data just as instructed and it does connect up to 3G and 4G, but it will eventually lose connectivity.

I'm not saying there isnt something wrong with the ROM, but I have had no problems connecting by either the old method or new method. Are you getting the two flashes after switching to GSM?

#16 arsenic1234

arsenic1234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

using the 'phone info' app from the market i have managed to keep any data issue loss at bay, just click GSM let it refresh the screen, then WCDMA for like a quick refresh and then I use GSM / CDMA auto (PRL) and it seems to work fine
I actually have JuiceDefender turning off my connection often when idle and it wakes up in a decent timely fashion when I ask it to (wish my kids woke up that timely)

#17 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Maxx

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

Love this build...Any progress whatsoever on the camera? I am currently carrying my IPOD Touch 4g with me for picture taking. :D
Posted Image

#18 Naw.D.Man

Naw.D.Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Twitter:@nawdman

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

Wait for the screen to temporarily glitch then switch to GSM/CDMA no problems for me at all

Sent from my IC3D RAZR using Tapatalk

#19 bb12489

bb12489

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

Wait for the screen to temporarily glitch then switch to GSM/CDMA no problems for me at all

Sent from my IC3D RAZR using Tapatalk

I've waited for the screen refresh and it refreshes twice like its suppose to, but i can't get through the whole day without losing data. It still shows connected to 3 or 4G, but it will be grayed out and no apps will connect to data.

#20 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

Please don't post the same thing twice guys.

Great work man, this is really incredible that you guys have this working in your spare time and Moto hasn't done jack $#!+ yet.
  • rcp6 and tweakhax like this

:-D :-D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ICS, IC3RAZR, dhacker29

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users