125 replies to this topic

#81 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:44 AM

Has anyone else experienced issues with USB storage showing up on their comp? I swear it was working yesterday (2-14 build).

Yeah same here... doesn't show up for me either. Only tested it on my Mac so far

[ sent from _base2 ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#82 tweakhax

tweakhax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Google+:116149427927563718815
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

No you cab just extract the zip and put the apk in /system and chmod 644 and reboot and it works. Did it last night. Let me know if you want me to post the apk

[ sent from _base2 ]

So does this mean I can place ANY apk in system and it will install just fine? i.e. Tibu etc? Does the same follow for removal?
  • regalblack likes this
Dedicated to preserving the art of the Crackflasher ---- Where's my stylus?

#83 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

So does this mean I can place ANY apk in system and it will install just fine? i.e. Tibu etc? Does the same follow for removal?

No -- certain apps won't function at all without the proper framework and libs. You'll get instant FCs. Blur apps are a great example. They're almost all dependent on blur framework so they won't run on anything other than a blur-based rom. Same with certain baked in apps, like visual voicemail and VZW apps.

[ sent from _base2 ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#84 tweakhax

tweakhax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:51 AM

No you cab just extract the zip and put the apk in /system and chmod 644 and reboot and it works. Did it last night. Let me know if you want me to post the apk

[ sent from _base2 ]

As for chmod 644, do you have a link or more explanation as to how the command works? I'm not afraid of linux commands or anything, just need more clarification. Would like to avoid reflashing if possible.

Thanks Base

#85 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

As for chmod 644, do you have a link or more explanation as to how the command works? I'm not afraid of linux commands or anything, just need more clarification. Would like to avoid reflashing if possible.

Thanks Base

Np man. Chmod 644 is the default executable permission set for most android apps. Its easiest done w Root Explorer or similar system file browser. Just mount /system R/W and change permissions to the image below:

[ sent from _base2 ]

Attached Thumbnails

• uploadfromtaptalk1329498698925.png

[ sent from _base2 ]

#86 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

It looks like rw-r-r--

Also, its an easy way to hack system apps into your ROM to see if they'll work. Depending on the app, it might bootloop your phone so if you try that make sure to make a backup. But that's a quick and dirty way to test out potential dependencies.

Once you chmod 644 just reboot and you'll be good. For ic3 though my data has to be re-toggled after each reboot so don't freak out if your data isn't there when you reboot. Just toggle GSM only then back to lte / cdma and it should pick back up as normal

[ sent from _base2 ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#87 tweakhax

tweakhax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:24 AM

It looks like rw-r-r--

Also, its an easy way to hack system apps into your ROM to see if they'll work. Depending on the app, it might bootloop your phone so if you try that make sure to make a backup. But that's a quick and dirty way to test out potential dependencies.

Once you chmod 644 just reboot and you'll be good. For ic3 though my data has to be re-toggled after each reboot so don't freak out if your data isn't there when you reboot. Just toggle GSM only then back to lte / cdma and it should pick back up as normal

[ sent from _base2 ]

Ok. I'm having issues (obviously). Its like i need it spelled out...

Here are my issues:

1. I can't copy the file to the system directory, using various file explorers.
2. When i try to copy via terminal (even with SU) it tells me read only file system.
I'm trying to copy using this command cp /mnt/sdcard-ext/VoiceSearch.apk /system/app
3. I've done this; chmod 644 /mnt/sdcard-ext/VoiceSearch.apk

Thoughts? And thanks :)

Edit: how do I mount the system r/w, I've tried various commands to no avail.

#88 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:48 AM

Just do this....download a 2-9/2-11/2-12 gapps from the other ic3razr thread here in the dev section. Around pages 25 to 30 the link is there. Use winrar or 7zip and don't extract. Just open both the 2-14 and 2-XX (earlier build gapps) and pull the voicesearch.apk out of the earlier build and drag it into the 2-14 build. It may ask you to repackage or what not so say yes. Then put the whole 2-14 gapps zip (the one you just edited) on your phone and reflash the gapps.

ETA: Give me a few and I'll upload the edited GAPPS w/ voice search. It will be called 2-16 b/c that is when I edited it.
  • tweakhax likes this
Posted Image

#89 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

Ok. I'm having issues (obviously). Its like i need it spelled out...

Here are my issues:

1. I can't copy the file to the system directory, using various file explorers.
2. When i try to copy via terminal (even with SU) it tells me read only file system.
I'm trying to copy using this command cp /mnt/sdcard-ext/VoiceSearch.apk /system/app
3. I've done this; chmod 644 /mnt/sdcard-ext/VoiceSearch.apk

Thoughts? And thanks :)

a couple of things:

1) which file explorer are you using? you need to use a root-specific file explorer that has the capacity to mount /system as r-w (Root Explorer and Rom Toolbox's Root Browser are good ones)

2) whether you're using terminal on your computer and using adb root shell or terminal emulator on your phone, you still will need to mount the /system partition as r-w. You can do this via command but honestly I'm not 100% positive what the mount point is for the /system partition.

3) you're trying to chmod the file on your sdcard-ext not the one you need to copy into /system.

it's certainly a little more fun to do it via terminal, but honestly it's a heck of a lot easier if you just use Root Explorer or the Root Browser in Rom Toolbox if you have that.

all you gotta do is go into root explorer, navigate to sdcard-ext or wherever your file is, copy it, navigate to /system, click "mount r/w" and then click "paste". Then navigate down to the file "VoiceSearch.apk" and long-press to open up the menu. Tap permissions, then make the tick boxes look like my picture. That's "644" -- I sorta glazed over that part sorry :)

Hope that helps!
  • tweakhax likes this
[ sent from _base2 ]

#90 tweakhax

tweakhax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:53 AM

Just do this....download a 2-9/2-11/2-12 gapps from the other ic3razr thread here in the dev section. Around pages 25 to 30 the link is there. Use winrar or 7zip and don't extract. Just open both the 2-14 and 2-XX (earlier build gapps) and pull the voicesearch.apk out of the earlier build and drag it into the 2-14 build. It may ask you to repackage or what not so say yes. Then put the whole 2-14 gapps zip (the one you just edited) on your phone and reflash the gapps.

ETA: Give me a few and I'll upload the edited GAPPS w/ voice search. It will be called 2-16 b/c that is when I edited it.

Thanks got556 and _base

I got it installed. Thanks for your help!
  • _base2 likes this

#91 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

to do it via terminal emulator (since adb isn't working yet), you have to mount the file system as r-w before you can copy anything to it.

here are the commands:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Then reboot and it should work.

Here is what's going on:
su granting root permissions
mount displays all mounts for your device, look for the one that has "/system" after the mount and format, in my case it was "/dev/block/mmcblk1p22 /system ext3"
mount -o remount,rw -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p22 /system mounting the /system filesystem as read-write
dd if=/sdcard/VoiceSearch.apk of=/system/app/VoiceSearch.apk copying the file from /sdcard/ to /system/app/ under the same name
chmod 644 /system/app/VoiceSearch.apk changing persmissions to executable by owner
cd /system/app going to the /system/app directory
ls verifying that the file copied properly
exit peace out! (also relinquishes su / root permissions)

... any questions?? :)
  • tweakhax and Eusibius2 like this
[ sent from _base2 ]

#92 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

Here is the 2-14 gapps w/ voicesearch installed...

Posted Image

#93 dsel909

dsel909

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

Did you read the thread?

actually i did but nothing my screen dont glitch wen i toggle threw the options if i try to put say CDMA only i have 2 press it like 10 times so it can stay on.

#94 tweakhax

tweakhax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

actually i did but nothing my screen dont glitch wen i toggle threw the options if i try to put say CDMA only i have 2 press it like 10 times so it can stay on.

Are you trying the older method or the new method?

#95 dsel909

dsel909

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

Are you trying the older method or the new method?

I tried both methods but no luck. i think i know why could it be that i have a sim locke code? thats the only thing that i could think of

#96 tweakhax

tweakhax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

I tried both methods but no luck. i think i know why could it be that i have a sim locke code? thats the only thing that i could think of

I'm no expert but try doing a data/cache wipe and see if that helps?

#97 dsel909

dsel909

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:45 AM

I'm no expert but try doing a data/cache wipe and see if that helps?

will do ill report back if it works or find a way to make it work.

#98 Mystery252

Mystery252

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Twitter:Mystery252

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:11 PM

New build has been posted on his twitter!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

#99 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

I KNOW!!! dl-ing now!

links will be updated in the OP soon i'm sure but here are the links for now because i know you can't wait!

IC3RAZR:

Gapps:

From his twitter also: All builds are now for the 6.12.17X system version only.
[ sent from _base2 ]

#100 bb12489

bb12489

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

I KNOW!!! dl-ing now!

links will be updated in the OP soon i'm sure but here are the links for now because i know you can't wait!

IC3RAZR:

Gapps:

From his twitter also: All builds are now for the 6.12.17X system version only.

Change log?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ICS, IC3RAZR, dhacker29

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users