11 replies to this topic

#1 rmanning82

rmanning82

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

I just got a new Droid Razr and SIM card. I bought them from a friend who got them and did not need them. (completely legit and was not shady whatsoever) I activated it all yesterday and everything was working perfectly.

During the night it started to update automatically. No problem there. I've had 3 droids and they all did that at some point in their time with me. It made an error and then failed ultimately. It happened over night, so I wasn't even paying attention to it. This morning it was stuck with no service, no data, nothing. I tried turning it off and then back on, putting airplane mode on and then off. No luck. I then did a factory reset. Now it is stuck at the "touch the android screen" and if you do it says "please wait, this may take a few minutes." It does not change. I waited as long as the battery would stay charged. Still nothing. The service bars in the top right corner have the circle and / line through it indicating no service.

I also tried re activating it on the verizon wireless website. No luck. Tried a hard reset and a new sim card, no luck. Someone mentioned updating the phone via usb/computer. But I don't know how to do that or know if it would even work.

Wanted to know what you guys thought.

Thanks!

#2 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

I just got a new Droid Razr and SIM card. I bought them from a friend who got them and did not need them. (completely legit and was not shady whatsoever) I activated it all yesterday and everything was working perfectly.

During the night it started to update automatically. No problem there. I've had 3 droids and they all did that at some point in their time with me. It made an error and then failed ultimately. It happened over night, so I wasn't even paying attention to it. This morning it was stuck with no service, no data, nothing. I tried turning it off and then back on, putting airplane mode on and then off. No luck. I then did a factory reset. Now it is stuck at the "touch the android screen" and if you do it says "please wait, this may take a few minutes." It does not change. I waited as long as the battery would stay charged. Still nothing. The service bars in the top right corner have the circle and / line through it indicating no service.

I also tried re activating it on the verizon wireless website. No luck. Tried a hard reset and a new sim card, no luck. Someone mentioned updating the phone via usb/computer. But I don't know how to do that or know if it would even work.

Wanted to know what you guys thought.

Thanks!

My Droid RAZR Utility "Full" version will fix this. Make sure you have plenty of battery power (70%+) and then choose option 1 and go.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#3 rmanning82

rmanning82

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

My Droid RAZR Utility "Full" version will fix this. Make sure you have plenty of battery power (70%+) and then choose option 1 and go.

Where do I need to download this to? Sorry..I'm quite the noobie.

#4 rmanning82

rmanning82

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

nvm. I think I found it.

#5 rmanning82

rmanning82

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

Yeah...I am pretty confused where to download this to and what exactly to do. I'm pretty dumb with this kind of stuff. Sorry :(

#6 Pego99

Pego99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

I thought that you have to accept an update? Maybe I should put the phone in airplane mode at night while it is charging? Does airplane mode prevent updating? I am rooted and I don't want a update.

#7 rmanning82

rmanning82

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

I thought that you have to accept an update? Maybe I should put the phone in airplane mode at night while it is charging? Does airplane mode prevent updating? I am rooted and I don't want a update.

It said something like accept and download now or it will automatically update later.

#8 rmanning82

rmanning82

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

This is what I have done thus far. Having a bit of trouble. I don't know all of the lingo so I'm sure there is something I've not done.

I downloaded the DroidRAZRUtility1.31.zip. Downloaded/Saved/Unzipped to desktop in a folder named utilities.
It does not have the file Droid4Utility0.3.zip other than that everything is the same as the screen shot but I don't know where that file is.

My phone is connected to my computer via USB and is in AP Fastboot Mode
It says Device is LOCKED Status Code 0

When I open the program and choose option 1 it says:
error: cannot load 'files\logo.bin'
error: cannot load 'files\ebr'
error: cannot load 'files\mbr'
and a few others.

#9 scottysize

scottysize

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Twitter:scottysize
  • Google+:scottysize
  • LocationSanger, TX

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:30 AM

This is what I have done thus far. Having a bit of trouble. I don't know all of the lingo so I'm sure there is something I've not done.

I downloaded the DroidRAZRUtility1.31.zip. Downloaded/Saved/Unzipped to desktop in a folder named utilities.
It does not have the file Droid4Utility0.3.zip other than that everything is the same as the screen shot but I don't know where that file is.

My phone is connected to my computer via USB and is in AP Fastboot Mode
It says Device is LOCKED Status Code 0

When I open the program and choose option 1 it says:
error: cannot load 'files\logo.bin'
error: cannot load 'files\ebr'
error: cannot load 'files\mbr'
and a few others.

This will fix you:

RAZR No Longer.  Currently running the LG G2 and HTC One (M8)

Time for Moto to update the line!

#10 tgiordano

tgiordano

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

I have a somewhat similar problem. I purchased a razr on Tues (rooted immediately). Wed night it started acting funny and Thursday morning it was off and unresponsive. When I finally got it to turn on I got the message "UIDs on the system are inconsistent." I've tried several times to run the RSDlite with stock verizon fastboot but it fails at step three every time. I've also used the droid razr utility a couple of times. Each time it finishes but has several errors and ultimately doesn't do anything. Errors include:

cannot load 'files\logo.bin

cannot load 'files\cdrom'

Those were the only two this last time I ran it actually. I'm not sure if the fast boot would even fix this issue but the only other thing I could do is flash a full stock rom (which I can't seem to find) on it through the stock recovery because once I clear the UID message the phone is unresponsive.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

#11 dpratt23

dpratt23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

Fastboot usually fixes this stuff. It not only gets u back to stock rom it reflashes radios kernels everything. I always fastboot to 744 the ota all the way back up. What version are you trying to fastboot to?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#12 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

Logo.bin and cdrom aren't important so theyre not included in the utility. If you use rsd once it faults it will halt the flash so you have to make sure you have all of the files for that process. Matt's utility uses fastboot. Therefore shoild one file fail such as logo.bin it continues with the rest. If you have used matt's utility and completed the flash. You should be straight. If on reboot you're still having the unresponsive effect... Im leaning towards a hardware fault.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users