#1 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

OK as the title stated this is for those that are the non-fastbootable leaks. Some of you may have gotten curious and started tinkering. Maybe you got a little to curious and ended up with a bootlooping device. I've already walked one person through this but I'm seeing others that are either stuck or are just curious on how to proceed. You should already have all of the files needed since you're on a leak!

The first step is to create a folder on your SDcard(external) to place the leak.zip on. The process is the same no matter what. You just have to make sure that you have the boot.img for which ever leak you are trying to restore.(used later). I find it easier to organize by naming the folder by which leak build the zip is for... ie:"204","205","206", so on...

The next step to restoring is to either manually restore with fastboot to 181 or use Matt's utility to restore 181. Either is fine just really depends on what you're use to. After that has completed you will not be able to boot quite yet. For those that would want to do it the manual way I can tell you what needs to happen. But I'm thinking most will be using the utility so I'll save that for later.

Note:You will see errors during this process.... don't panic! Its normal.

Once you have restored using the utility you want to reboot the phone. After the moto logo it should go into stock recovery automatically where it will update the radios from the restore process. Let it run its course!

After that has completed and the phone attempts to boot you will see the moto boot logo then the screen will go blank. At this point hold the vol down button and the power button until you see the screen flicker. As soon as you see the flicker release the power button then press both volume buttons and the power button at the same time. This should bring you to the boot loader menu. Use the volume down button to move down to AP fastboot then press volume up to select it. This will bring you to AP fastboot flash mode. Once in fastboot mode once again there is a utility by matt! The unstuck utility which holds two boot images. Either use his utility to flash the boot.img to the system you are trying to restore... or do it manually.

For reference if you are trying to restore build 210 this is what you would do from a terminal/command window.

CD "to the location where your boot.img files are"
Then...
Fastboot flash boot boot210.img
Fastboot reboot

Note:where boot210.img is replace the 210 with whichever build you are trying to restore!

Now once you have flashed the appropriate boot.img you need to get back to the bootloader menu but this time select recovery from the list. Once in recovery select to update from sdcard. Navigate to where you placed the leak update.zip earlier then select it. Allow it to do its thing and you should be set after it completes. If the update from recovery try it a second time.

If there are pending questions feel free to post them here! If anyone reads a question someone else has posted feel free to answer as well.... this can be used for more of a discussion thread as far as restoring the leaks!

Good Luck!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • atxgurl and ohaaron like this

#2 atxgurl

atxgurl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

Excellent write up and exactly what I needed. Thanks!!!
Posted Image Keep Austin Weird!!

#3 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Twitter:AllenGeorge
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/102317230135122177087

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:24 AM

If this process fails to run the installation of the ZIP file for the leak, simply reboot the phone and try again (Hold Power + Volume Down, then Volume Up and Volume Down and Power, then back into Recovery from the menu). I have had to do this as many as 5 times before the zip file installation would proceed properly.

EmericanX - This "If the update from recovery try it a second time." Should say: "If the update from recovery errors and fails after beginning patching simply restart the process again without restarting the phone.

Great write-up though :)

#4 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

Yeah you're probably right... but I'm mobile.. bound to make mistakes lol

#5 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

Awesome. I'm taking the leap now as soon as my battery charges. I thought this was the procedure to fix a brick, but I just wanted confirmation

#6 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:33 AM

I am will add, after completing this process you will not be rooted. So I would assume after this you would need to run the root 4.0.4 method. Or you can do it the old school way we were doing before they rooted 4.0.4 which involved flashing old boot images such as.85, rooting and then flashing back.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#7 ohaaron

ohaaron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

OK as the title stated this is for those that are the non-fastbootable leaks. Some of you may have gotten curious and started tinkering. Maybe you got a little to curious and ended up with a bootlooping device. I've already walked one person through this but I'm seeing others that are either stuck or are just curious on how to proceed. You should already have all of the files needed since you're on a leak!

The first step is to create a folder on your SDcard(external) to place the leak.zip on. The process is the same no matter what. You just have to make sure that you have the boot.img for which ever leak you are trying to restore.(used later). I find it easier to organize by naming the folder by which leak build the zip is for... ie:"204","205","206", so on...

The next step to restoring is to either manually restore with fastboot to 181 or use Matt's utility to restore 181. Either is fine just really depends on what you're use to. After that has completed you will not be able to boot quite yet. For those that would want to do it the manual way I can tell you what needs to happen. But I'm thinking most will be using the utility so I'll save that for later.

Note:You will see errors during this process.... don't panic! Its normal.

Once you have restored using the utility you want to reboot the phone. After the moto logo it should go into stock recovery automatically where it will update the radios from the restore process. Let it run its course!

After that has completed and the phone attempts to boot you will see the moto boot logo then the screen will go blank. At this point hold the vol down button and the power button until you see the screen flicker. As soon as you see the flicker release the power button then press both volume buttons and the power button at the same time. This should bring you to the boot loader menu. Use the volume down button to move down to AP fastboot then press volume up to select it. This will bring you to AP fastboot flash mode. Once in fastboot mode once again there is a utility by matt! The unstuck utility which holds two boot images. Either use his utility to flash the boot.img to the system you are trying to restore... or do it manually.

For reference if you are trying to restore build 210 this is what you would do from a terminal/command window.

CD "to the location where your boot.img files are"
Then...
Fastboot flash boot boot210.img
Fastboot reboot

Note:where boot210.img is replace the 210 with whichever build you are trying to restore!

Now once you have flashed the appropriate boot.img you need to get back to the bootloader menu but this time select recovery from the list. Once in recovery select to update from sdcard. Navigate to where you placed the leak update.zip earlier then select it. Allow it to do its thing and you should be set after it completes. If the update from recovery try it a second time.

If there are pending questions feel free to post them here! If anyone reads a question someone else has posted feel free to answer as well.... this can be used for more of a discussion thread as far as restoring the leaks!

Good Luck!!!

Thank you so, so, so much! You just saved my Razr Maxx! It has been bricked for four days,and I had switched back to my Nexus. I am so grateful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users