Photo

[Trick] Boot Loop Life Saver (Battery Charge Workaround)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainKn0tz

CaptainKn0tz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

I apologize if this is already a known trick but I could not find it posted anywhere. I discovered it by just playing around while my phone was in bootloop. It is a nifty little trick that can be a life saver.

Did you just flash something you were not supposed to, and now your stuck in a bootloop with no PC in sight to fastboot your phone?? Oh no!! If you don't get your phone fastbooted quick, your battery is going to drain and you're going to be SOL!! Or are you....

I found a way to get the phone to boot into power-off charge mode so that you can keep a charge on your battery until you have time to get to a PC to do a fastboot!!

1. Unplug you device
2. Reset your phone by holding vol down + power for approximately 10 seconds
3. Once your device powers down, release vol down and power, then very quickly press and hold vol up + vol down + power to boot into fastboot
4. Press vol down to highlight the SBF option
5. Press vol up to select SBF
6. Plug your device in
7. Hold the power button for about 3 seconds and release. Your device should power off. You may have to repeat this step a few times to get the device to turn off
8. Your device should now boot into power-off charge mode and begin charging
9. Once you unplug your charger at this point (whether or not you wait for the battery to fully charge), your device will remain in a powered down state and not consume the battery's remaining charge

IF THIS DOES NOT WORK: Try the whole thing all over again. You may need to do this a few times for it to work. Unplug the phone with each new attempt.

Also, I'm not sure if steps 5 and 6 are necessary or not, this is just the way that it worked for me. If someone can confirm that these steps are not necessary, I will update the OP to reflect accordingly.

Good Luck!!
  • miewter likes this

#2 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

Never heard of this but its a great trick if you have no other option. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#3 Naw.D.Man

Naw.D.Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Twitter:@nawdman

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#4 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:43 PM

Hmm very interesting. Can anyone confirm this works.

#5 nealeydee

nealeydee

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

Hmm very interesting. Can anyone confirm this works.

worked once for me - but when the battery was so low I couldn't turn the thing on without a power source. Was always stuck at the fastboot failed.

However, I can confirm the following: When the battery is 100% flat, hold down vol up/vol down, then plug a charger in. You get to the boot menu - choose BP Tools (last in the list) the Moto logo shows - and then the battery charging icon shows and saves the day!

#6 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

I posted this a while back in the chat room as a workaround for someone. Guess I should have made a thread for it.
  • andlaw likes this

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#7 biland

biland

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

Well i tried all options and non works the one with the battery 100% empty i get the logo but never the battery icon :( i guess i will solder me a cable

#8 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

Nevermind i'm retarded lol.

Edited by spc_hicks09, 14 June 2012 - 08:53 PM.

#9 CreeperCraft137

CreeperCraft137

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:33 PM

Just shows motorola logo

Edit: It's been showing the motorola logo for 5 years now. I think I need to worry about burn in.

Edited by CreeperCraft137, 08 May 2021 - 01:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users