blkghost

Bignadad Beta Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Twitter:@blkghost22
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:04 PM

i need to catch up... so was the new fix/update happen? is it the link on the op... sorry guys...

#42 skiwong20

skiwong20

Developer

• Developer
  • 172 posts
  • LocationFairfield

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

i need to catch up... so was the new fix/update happen? is it the link on the op... sorry guys...

Nope, no update yet.
Lets the sun and the moon collide! eclipserom.com

#43 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:30 AM

Gun shy, looks like the deodexed causes problems!

Also I uninstalled a couple apps from the Menu|Settings|Applications|Manage Applications| Media area and Running apps area. For clarity, I only uninstalled that which allowed me too, NOT deleted things using Root Explorer. Will doing this effect flashing your themes or the Deodexed ROM?

Shameless Bump!
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#44 gatesjunior

gatesjunior

Dev

• Superuser
  • 27 posts
  • Twitter:MrGatesjunior

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:42 AM

O.k., so here is the issue.. The com.motorola.orange.simauth.jar is not available. We have to have this file in order to properly Deodex this system.. so, unless someone can come up with this file, I cannot finish the deodex correctly.. without issues.. FC's etc... As far as I can tell, they have intentionally left it out.. You might try and hack an earlier version or one from the Bionic , but this might lead to issues..

**Update, found the com.orange jar file on the sdcard-ext, renamed it to what it should be and dropped it into the framework, but no go, Superclass WSRequest still invalid..

#45 nitroglycerine33

nitroglycerine33

Mr. Eclipse

• Developer
  • 224 posts
  • Twitter:nitroglycerin33
  • LocationIowa

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:31 AM

O.k., so here is the issue.. The com.motorola.orange.simauth.jar is not available. We have to have this file in order to properly Deodex this system.. so, unless someone can come up with this file, I cannot finish the deodex correctly.. without issues.. FC's etc... As far as I can tell, they have intentionally left it out.. You might try and hack an earlier version or one from the Bionic , but this might lead to issues..

**Update, found the com.orange jar file on the simcard ext, renamed it to what it should be and dropped it into the framework, but no go, Superclass WSRequest still invalid..

I tried out some bionic guts yesterday and the guys ended up with a bunch of force closes. I did all of the framework manually and eventually found all the needed classes for it. Did blur-services.apk deodex ok for you? I would like to drop that in the existing zip I have to see if it works.
Posted Image
Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Eclipse Rom!
Follow me on Twitter @nitroglycerin33

#46 gatesjunior

gatesjunior

Dev

• Superuser
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:35 AM

I tried out some bionic guts yesterday and the guys ended up with a bunch of force closes. I did all of the framework manually and eventually found all the needed classes for it. Did blur-services.apk deodex ok for you? I would like to drop that in the existing zip I have to see if it works.

That is the issue. It is looking for the Superclass com.motorola.orange..simauth.jar file and definitions/methods within it.. I would like to know where you found the jar file that is missing ?? O.k., so do not misunderstand me, but unless we can get a CLEAN deodex off the phone itself and not a "Frankenstein" build from other phone files, it is not what we need.

#47 blkghost

blkghost

Bignadad Beta Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:16 AM

If I could be of a help I can. Can u let me know where the Sim ext is at

#48 gatesjunior

gatesjunior

Dev

• Superuser
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:43 AM

This is funny... I was looking at a system pull I had from my Thunderbolt and that file was in the sdcard-ext folder.. LMAO... Not on the phone sorry :-)

#49 jcutter347

jcutter347

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Twitter:@jcutter347
  • LocationSnook Alley, Florida

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:39 PM

Quadjacks, you can also "freeze" the apps. I use jrummy's Appmanager pro, but you can use titanium backup too if you like. I had a bad experience uninstalling some apps on the droid x which resulted in a SBF. If anyone believes this to be bad advice, please let me know. I am just trying to offer some helpful suggestions here. :rolleyes:

#50 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:01 PM

You have to watch what you freeze. I would stray away from anything tied into blur

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#51 jcutter347

jcutter347

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:32 PM

You have to watch what you freeze. I would stray away from anything tied into blur

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Thank you. I have been playing with the Droid x since it came out, but don't know everything. I'm always looking to learn something new.

#52 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • Twitter:@droidth3ory
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:38 AM

I am working on modifying baksmali so we can get a clean Deodexed system. I am hoping to get it this weekend. Note: I am a "half full" kind of guy. Lol.

#53 blkghost

blkghost

Bignadad Beta Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:06 AM

DT

when your done with it? will it be ok to flash (meaning i have some bloats that i removed) will it be ok?
  • SamuriHL likes this

#54 jcutter347

jcutter347

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:15 AM

DT

when your done with it? will it be ok to flash (meaning i have some bloats that i removed) will it be ok?

Did you by any chance make a backup before you removed the bloat?

#55 blkghost

blkghost

Bignadad Beta Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:43 AM

Did you by any chance make a backup before you removed the bloat?

nope... cuz whenever i backup i cant restore.....

#56 jcutter347

jcutter347

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:47 AM

No restore? Does that apply to me too or or is it because of something done to your phone?

#57 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • Twitter:@droidth3ory
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:21 AM

nope... cuz whenever i backup i cant restore.....

Yes, it will be a full Deodexed ROM. What bloat did you remove? Was it from this or the stock build? A simple flash Pak of what you removed would be easy.

Tip... If you clear your cache and dalvik BEFORE you make your backup, you shouldn't have that problem restoring. :)

#58 blkghost

blkghost

Bignadad Beta Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:42 AM

From stock.... I wanted to flash thus ROM but gun shy now... Got my razr soft bricked twice.....what would u recommend for me right now... Wait on yours? Or flash this one and nothing that touches blur...ex universal messaging, news, car dock, etc.

#59 jcutter347

jcutter347

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:06 PM

Yes, it will be a full Deodexed ROM. What bloat did you remove? Was it from this or the stock build? A simple flash Pak of what you removed would be easy.

Tip... If you clear your cache and dalvik BEFORE you make your backup, you shouldn't have that problem restoring. :)

I did NOT wipe cache and/or dalvik before making my backup. I had the xoom theme installed and everything running. I flashed the back to stock theme, but I still have the boot animation for the xoom theme. Can I wipe data along with cache and dalvik like you do on the droid x or is there another way to do it? Iwould really like to have all of the stock images and such back before I backup to make sure everything is right.

#60 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:17 PM

I am working on modifying baksmali so we can get a clean Deodexed system. I am hoping to get it this weekend. Note: I am a "half full" kind of guy. Lol.

Now that's the attitude I like :) .now I have to play devils advocate here lol, we really need a system fast boot file so we can at the least flash a system img. Since we are mainly messing with the system at this point. A full sbf would be better but hey I'm not going to be picky. I'm on my 3 razr, I know alot of ppl have returned there's to in the end this hurts us the end user cause in retrospect, you root it your responsible for it, if its software or hardware. Also being a part of administration here I have to yell you that there is a small very small highly unlikely chance, but you never no, that they can trace these phones back to us. Now with that said please if you soft brick of not post that you went to VZW and told them it wont boot, and get a brand new one. What you do is on you just please don't broadcast it ;).

With that all said for the new peeps hear I'm going to start a thread for what apps are safe for removal.

To add to the lecture at hand I've reloaded a back up the other day and soft bricked. I do believe the cache partition is playing a roll in the boot sequence. How? I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure it ties in. Talked to @hashcode about beefing up the preinstall to put safestrap on the razr this would allow us to safely test things without hurting the system. This is a thought till fast boot is found. For now I think we should all reach out to our sources and find this file. :) good luck and Godspeed gentlemen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users