60 replies to this topic

#41 djhbomber1

djhbomber1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Current Device(s):OG Razr, Razr MAXX HD

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

I'm allowed 1 earbud in at work, so naturally it's in the ear facing my boss's desk LOL

So far today I have listened to:
8Ball and MJG
The Aquabats
Armin Van Buuren
Arty <-- LOVE me some trance :)
Cake
Daft Punk
Delorean
Dethklok
Feist
Joe Satriani
Justice
Some mix my brother made me with no metadata LOL
Magnetic Man
Massive Attack
Nas and Damian Marley
Pantera
Pretty Lights
Rage Against the Machine
Skalpel
Stornoway
Uppermost
and Weezer.

AND my battery is at 87%. Gotta love that Maxx HD :D
  • johnlgalt and mattkilla like this

#42 King Howie

King Howie

Minister of Jackbooted Thugs

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 GPE, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Johnny Cash?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bytecode did.

My three favorite bands are Pink Floyd, the Beatles, and AC/DC, but I like pretty much any classic rock. I like very little heavier music, but do like older Metallica, some Iron Maiden, and some Rob Zombie. I'm kinda digging Puddle of Mudd and Chickenfoot

#43 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Johnny Cash?

Amon Amarth is good. How about Bloodaxe?

Hmmmm.... I think I did too LOL
  • King Howie likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#44 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

On Sirius the three stations I listened to were Octane, Liquid Metal, and Electric Area, with a venture every now and again into Hair nation and BPM.

I'd say Octane got 70% of my time, LM got another 10 and EA got 20% - mostly on weekends when they played live sets from festivals.

#45 Sabres032

Sabres032

Large and in charge EMS minion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA
  • Current Device(s):Google Pixel 2 XL

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

All right let's see if I can list without running out of room.

Sevendust
Five Finger Death Punch
Old Metallica
Megadeth
In This Moment
All That Remains
Chevelle
Dream Theater
Night Wish
Lacuna Coil
Iron Maiden
Motorhead
Hatebreed
Disturbed
Slayer
POD
Three Days Grace
Avenged Sevenfold
Kiss
Rush
Van Halen

Plus a lot more I don't have time to list.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

Sent from my Marine World N6 or my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi I'll let you figure out which.

#46 sherri

sherri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:sherri64
  • LocationMy own personal hell....

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

I like a huge variety of genres, but my favorite is probably "hair/glam rock bands of the '80's"....

Closed many a bar following around a local band, called HotShot, then called Vixen (not the girl group), and then a few of the members went on to the band Danger, Danger. Still one of my favorites.

Also, Cinderella, Van Halen, Skid Row, Poison, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Motley Crüe, Aerosmith, Scorpions....you get the idea...

While that was my favorite stuff, I was/am a HUGE Barry Manilow fan (360° turn, I know....)....Uhhhmm....my daughters' name is Bari, and yes, he had something to do with the choice.

Currently, nothing thrills me, as I can't stand "screamo" and rap. I love Mika and Mariana's Trench, thanks to my daughters Pandora list. Took my youngest to see Big Time Rush, and found them adorable. She also loves country music (I think she is my dad reincarnated), and I really like The Rascal Flatts....

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

• Sabres032 likes this
Disappointed and hurt. Not surprised.

#47 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

I was assigned to the 25th infantry Division back in the late 80's. Van Halen played in Hawaii in 1988 and after the show they went to the Jazz Cellar. The guys I went to the show with talked me into leaving early and going to that bar. At first I was reluctant but since they were my ride back to base I really had no choice. Only when Van Halen walked into the bar did I realize why. So yea, I got to pay with Van Halen.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

Sent from my Marine World N6 or my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi I'll let you figure out which.

#48 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Rush is on Palladia HD.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#49 Furthestprism

Furthestprism

Tank Rat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts
  • Current Device(s):Yes

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

Let's see...

Johnny Cash, Metallica, Disturbed, Charlie Daniels, Evanescence, Demon Hunter, A frick-ton of Movie soundtracks... Oh, and Breaking Benjamin... Guns N' Roses every once in a while, Mannheim Steamroller (mostly for the Christmas stuff), Skillet, Red, Gatlin Brothers, and Weird Al Yankovic. And mixed classical music tossed in once in a while...

I think that covers almost everything.

I refuse. 

uploadfromtaptalk1404894178520.jpg

#50 sparky697

sparky697

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Twitter:sparky697

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

Shuffling through my "recently added" playlist today which includes...
The Virginmarys - King of Conflict
The Stone Foxes - Small Fires
The Machine an Sungrazer split EP
The Cave Singers - Naomi
Screaming Females - Chalk Tape
Braid and Balance and Composure split EP
Alt-J - An Awesome Wave
Foals - Holy Fire
Frightened Rabbit - Pedestrian Verse
The Night Marchers - Allez Allez
FIDLAR - FIDLAR

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#51 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Sevendust.....Metallica.....Five Finger Death Punch...... Poison.... Motley Crue...... just a few to get started LOL and in no certain order... :)

Disturbed, Korn, Pantera, Chimera, Hatebreed........ pretty much anything that makes most peoples head ache lol. My wife hates my "angry music" but I feel the same for her......... pretty much anything she listens to. lol
  • usmcamgrimm, johnlgalt and Staf_in_Wah like this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#52 usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Berserker

• Developer
  • 958 posts
  • Twitter:@usmcamgrimm
  • LocationMassillon, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW G3

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Disturbed, Korn, Pantera, Chimera, Hatebreed........ pretty much anything that makes most peoples head ache lol. My wife hates my "angry music" but I feel the same for her......... pretty much anything she listens to. lol

+1 for angry music!! lol

And my wife's the same way...completely opposite my taste in music

• johnlgalt likes this

Exodus-Sig%204.png

#53 Brutus06

Brutus06

Drunken Monk Brewery

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Google+:leereitz12@gmail.com
  • LocationSouth Dakota
  • Current Device(s):Bionic(retired), Lenovo Tablet, Moto G

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

I would have to say that I agree with most of the bands that have been listed here, but I am surprised that Volbeat hasn't been mentioned yet

I like all the metal and angry bands, but sometimes you have to smile, so I have to say: Lonely Island, Flight of the Conchords, The Vandals, and Furious George
  • johnlgalt likes this

#54 sparky697

sparky697

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Twitter:sparky697

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

Can't leave Tenacious D off the makes you smile list

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

• neckchop, johnlgalt and mattkilla like this

#55 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

I just realized that EA NHL 13 has a pretty sweet soundtrack on it with a lot of music we have named here. Oh and Hollywood Undead is good. If things go right, I'll be seeing them play in Fargo, ND in a week I think it is.

#56 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

A lot of good bands that I never mentioned. I miss my SiriusXM connection now.

I might get the ONYX for my car once things get rolling. Finance wise, that is. Car rolls fine lol.

#57 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

A lot of good bands that I never mentioned. I miss my SiriusXM connection now.

I might get the ONYX for my car once things get rolling. Finance wise, that is. Car rolls fine lol.

I canceled my SiriusXM subscription and substituted it with Iheartradio on my RAZR which I connect to the cars Bluetooth. I set up my custom station to play Disturbed and similar artists. Same great music I was listening to on SiriusXM but free.

My opinions/views provided free of charge courtesy of Tapatalk on my Nexus 7 or Moto RAZR.

#58 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

I might try that - but Octane was fuel for my mind. And There was the electronic stuff too, like BPM and Electric Area.

I tried Pandora in the past to do the same thing, but it just was not happening - too many interruptions and commercials.

I might try again with I<3 just to see if it is any better.

Also, selecting music that is based on what I like is not always good - I like a lot of different things, but I don't necessarily like everything that is similar. Octane may have played the same songs like any other radio station over and over each day, but it was a great source for artists I had never heard of b/c of their specials like the World rock thing (Can't remember what it is called), plus Kayla herself featuring Estonian metal, And they didn't just stick to 'popular' tracks - they oftentimes played lesser known tracks from popular artists, and even, on occasion, celebrated different artist by playing entire albums.

The Tribute to Nirvana on XM was also seriously awesome. I wish I had the opportunity to record the interviews with Dave and Kris and the B-sides and live performances - that was one well written feature in and of itself.

You get what you pay for, I suppose. I'll give Pandora another go, try out Slacker, and even i<3. I may try some other stuff as well.

I've finally uploaded what little music I have to Google Music - I lost over 150 GB of music to lightning back in July 2011, and the HD with all the music, my docs, etc. is the one I cannot restore - I managed to restore the one with my other stuff, like old DLs, TechNet DLs, FOSS DLs, and DreamSpark DLs and now it is formatted and sitting in my case happily humming along at 500 GB free - but the same fix for the other, identical drive is not working - it is making a clicking noise, which, to me, either signifies that the head arms are locked (I did send them in to Seagate Restoral services but they wanted $800 to restore the data on one drive, and tried to make a deal with me that they would do both for $900), but it might just well be that they either 1) erased the firmware on the board, or 2) manually locked the drive so I could not restore it myself.

I've found lots of literature on how to restore drives (which is how I found the fix for the boards in the first place), but I now need to buy some equipment in order to try to grab the ATA codes and figure out what the drive thinks is going on - I think I can eventually get it running again as well, meaning that with my other 2 storage drives I'll have a total of 3 TB of space - but they will actually probably go into a WHS test server I want to build using the old components from my previous build for storage. Or else a CPU-based NAS, haven't decided which yet.

#59 CruzIzcaredoNotn

CruzIzcaredoNotn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Slayer

Dying Fetus

Six Feet Under
  • usmcamgrimm likes this
Bionic and XOOM ROM Forum Lurker B-)

#60 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

I write, my son writes and back a few years I used to perform most weekends and holidays. So I listen to us. Lol but I love and always have anything either solo albums or the band itself Pink Floyd. Atmospheric Blues ...now add something like Dream Theater and Atmospheric Blues and Gothic voice choir backing a bit you get us. Sweet. I just may post some..I'm starting my device channel on YouTube. If I remember I'll drop a link. Not on this forum much anymore ...peace..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users