20 replies to this topic

#1 jntdroid

jntdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:00 PM

Since the Galaxy Nexus is close, and since this site was opened specifically for the Razr, I'm just curious about future support for the Razr. Is there any worry that devs will ditch (or mostly ditch) previous phones once the Gnex comes out? Do you guys plan on sticking tight by the Razr for awhile?

Maybe a silly question, especially on this site... but just curious as I'm trying to settle once and for all (and I know a few others as well) on one of the great options we have right now.

#2 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:14 PM

As far as the Razr goes I believe it will exceed the support that the Droid X received. So in short yes we will stick tight by the Razr. Many people still prefer the build quality of the Motorola line of devices when compared to that of any other manufacturer. The Nexus while being the true google experience will not be a device for a lot of people in general, now of course a lot of people want one for the simple fact that its a Nexus. Neither here nor there though because we are here to stay.

#3 jntdroid

jntdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

Thanks for the response and explanation!

I can see the Razr being the device Verizon pushes for awhile, regardless of the Nexus. If anything, because they put so much into marketing it. Plus, some tend to think of the Nexus lineup as more suitable for devs. And I guess regardless, we'll have some good ics aosp via roms.

#4 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

I agree, I have a new found passion for Motorola. The hardware is superior. As stated above I also agree with the DEV support of this device. I know its getting ICS and the possibly of the bootloader getting unlocked will give it more attention then the president :). So in conclusion you can't go wrong with the purchase of this device.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  • aaki_rocker likes this

#5 scrub175

scrub175

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter:scrub175
  • Google+:scrub175
  • LocationJensen Beach FL

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

I hope there is stronger support for the Razr than the nexus. I mean the nexus is an open device with pure google, what more is there to develop? To me the nexus rom is the standard that I want for all my phone's.

#6 Bignadad

Bignadad

Dev/Design Extrordinare

• Developer
  • 283 posts
  • Twitter:bignadad
  • Google+:bignadad
  • LocationBishopville, SC
  • Current Device(s):DroidX, Bionic, Dinc2, Razr Maxx, Razr HD Maxx, Gnex, Nex7, Xyboard

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:39 PM

I was originally going to get the nexus and razr to have both, but after using the razr for a few days i might just stick with it..

Only thing for me that the nexus has is the larger and HD screen.. once it comes out i will compare in store and if the screen is really that more impressive i want that device.. graphics is my thang!

But the razr has any smartphone ever built beat in pure sexy sleekness... i put in in my back pocket and just forget about it..

even when razr gets ICS is still not going to have an HD screen.. that is very important to me, but like i said, only if its that much better in real world viewing.

wasnt there a droid HD coming? maybe thats a moto with hd screen?

EDIT:
Not to mention the cellular radio on the razr... all i can say is WOW! Ive lived in the same place most of my life and have owned many brands of phones.. This gets a 1 to 2 bar boost over any other device.. no bs... i check it all the time just to confirm its not just "the new device" wanting me to believe it.. but as of now that is the biggest thing the razr has going for it.. the cellular radio has to be the most important part since its a smart"phone", right? i live in rural america and that is key for me.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 jntdroid

jntdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:10 PM

I was originally going to get the nexus and razr to have both, but after using the razr for a few days i might just stick with it..

Only thing for me that the nexus has is the larger and HD screen.. once it comes out i will compare in store and if the screen is really that more impressive i want that device.. graphics is my thang!

But the razr has any smartphone ever built beat in pure sexy sleekness... i put in in my back pocket and just forget about it..

even when razr gets ICS is still not going to have an HD screen.. that is very important to me, but like i said, only if its that much better in real world viewing.

wasnt there a droid HD coming? maybe thats a moto with hd screen?

EDIT:
Not to mention the cellular radio on the razr... all i can say is WOW! Ive lived in the same place most of my life and have owned many brands of phones.. This gets a 1 to 2 bar boost over any other device.. no bs... i check it all the time just to confirm its not just "the new device" wanting me to believe it.. but as of now that is the biggest thing the razr has going for it.. the cellular radio has to be the most important part since its a smart"phone", right? i live in rural america and that is key for me.

seen the screen on the Rezound? It's pretty gorgeous...

and on the Droid 4, I believe you're right... slideout kb, hd screen, etc...

#8 Bignadad

Bignadad

Dev/Design Extrordinare

• Developer
  • 283 posts
  • Twitter:bignadad
  • Google+:bignadad
  • LocationBishopville, SC
  • Current Device(s):DroidX, Bionic, Dinc2, Razr Maxx, Razr HD Maxx, Gnex, Nex7, Xyboard

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:17 PM

seen the screen on the Rezound? It's pretty gorgeous...

and on the Droid 4, I believe you're right... slideout kb, hd screen, etc...

slideout keyboard? that counts me out.. i made the switch from htc touchpro slideout keyboard to droidx and haven't looked back since

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 jntdroid

jntdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:34 PM

it looks like a Razr with a kb...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#10 franklin270h

franklin270h

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

I kinda side with the underdog (Razr) for the simple fact that the Nexus is going to be SATURATED with roms. I mean there are god knows how many roms available for the verizon version already and it isn't even on shelves yet. And said ROMs are going to be 50 gazillion variants of cyanogen for the most part.

#11 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:19 PM

It's always like that. I'm sure we'll have a million variants of BLUR if we get alot of devs.

#12 Guest_Jolly_*

Guest_Jolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:48 AM

I think with the Razr just being a month old we have seen very strong Dev Support already.and that's without having a safety net (fzw files). I mean AOSP ICS booted up on DroidTh3ory's Razr yesterday. Things will only get better from here on.

#13 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:35 PM

Nothing but a Motorola device here. Gnexus is nothing but a fragile piece of plastic. My Razr ain't going anywhere!!!! Lol

#14 AJMetal87

AJMetal87

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Twitter:ajmetal87
  • Google+:ajmetal87

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

I agree, I have a new found passion for Motorola. The hardware is superior. As stated above I also agree with the DEV support of this device. I know its getting ICS and the possibly of the bootloader getting unlocked will give it more attention then the president . So in conclusion you can't go wrong with the purchase of this device.

I'm curious to know the source of your information regarding the possibility of the boot loader becoming unlocked. I want to believe!

#15 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:14 AM

Lol my source is nameless right now;) bit from inside I herd if its going to happen it will by bye end of Q1. So my statement, you can take it with a grain of salt. Or BELIEVE! !!

#16 DroidRazrAZ

DroidRazrAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Twitter:konellaz
  • Google+:konellaz@gmail.com
  • LocationPDX 2 PHX

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:27 PM

Lol my source is nameless right now;) bit from inside I herd if its going to happen it will by bye end of Q1. So my statement, you can take it with a grain of salt. Or BELIEVE! !!

As for me I believe ;)

#17 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:50 AM

I think with the Razr just being a month old we have seen very strong Dev Support already.and that's without having a safety net (fzw files). I mean AOSP ICS booted up on DroidTh3ory's Razr yesterday. Things will only get better from here on.

I hope you are correct and that the wave of support for Razr has not already peaked and is going out with the tide.

As for me, my Razr is rooted, but I have done absolutely nothing else to it due to lack of fastboot. It is hard for me to envision much progress being made without a better safety net.

#18 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:39 AM

The Razr will have its share of developer love in due time. Not as much as the DroidX has had. But will get plenty of love soon enough! Lol I believe!!!

#19 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:03 PM

I'm curious to know the source of your information regarding the possibility of the boot loader becoming unlocked. I want to believe!

I asked @VZWSupport about this and this was what I was told.......

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#20 DroidJunk

DroidJunk

• Superuser
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSE Texas

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

The Razr will have its share of developer love in due time. Not as much as the DroidX has had. But will get plenty of love soon enough! Lol I believe!!!

Thats it. I keep hoping something will get leaked. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users