Xabix90x

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationDurham
  • Current Device(s):Motorola raza droid

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:47 AM

Hey, i have no custom rom, i havent altered anything to do with the phone it has full system updates. Im using a motorola razr droid HD.
(bare with me at explaining issue)

Ok so the phone wont do anything unless charger is connected and even then i can not get past the red M and dualcore technology screen. I can rebook the phone by holding both volume buttons down and power button. Once iv done that i can quickly press same buttons and it will take me to the page it should. No matter what option i press it takes me back the red M screen and sticks. If i plug my phone into USB nothing happens except a small white LED in top left hand corner. Wont show as charging just literally the white LED x thanks in advance. X

#2 Xabix90x

Xabix90x

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationDurham

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:48 AM

I have taken a video but cant upload it

#3 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:37 AM

Try plugging the phone into a wall charger and leave it (but watch it for getting hot.) and see if it will charge. I just lost one of my razr hd maxx phones due to the battery swelling up and pushing the back clear off of the phone. It had been put away and wasn't hooked to a charger for quite some time.  The razr hd is really getting old now and giving up the ghost so to speak hardware wise. There have been a lot of hardware failures with the main 16 and 32 GB memory modules on the main boards.  If you do get it to charge up and get it into fast boot you can find the firmware for it and use House of Moto from this site to try to bring it back to life.

#4 Xabix90x

Xabix90x

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationDurham

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:10 AM

Thank you i will i have had it on charge on and off for 24 hours trying to get it to work. It wont do anything unless the charger is plugged in at the wall and then i dont have to do anything it instantly switches to the red M logo. Is that normal

#5 Xabix90x

Xabix90x

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationDurham

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:12 AM

Do i do it on a computer (please excuse my dumbness im extremely amature

#6 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:09 PM

Thank you i will i have had it on charge on and off for 24 hours trying to get it to work. It wont do anything unless the charger is plugged in at the wall and then i dont have to do anything it instantly switches to the red M logo. Is that normal

Do i do it on a computer (please excuse my dumbness im extremely amature

Charge it with the wall charger not the usb from the computer. It may take a while for it to charge enough to continue.

#7 Xabix90x

Xabix90x

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationDurham

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:28 PM

Hey, iv now tried with a wall charger and it makes no difference.

#8 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:09 PM

Hey, iv now tried with a wall charger and it makes no difference.

It probably time to have a parting of the ways with that phone. I would suspect that the memory chip has gone bad and won't let the phone boot far enough in to allow proper charging, There use to be a adapter made by team blackhat that would allow you to flash a phone while having the power supplied to the phone via your computer, by passing the battery. The last I heard they wasn't making them anymore and the last person I heard that was looking for one got lucky and found a factory flashing cable on ebay. This isn't a cable that comes with a charger but one that is wired special for that era of motorola phones. But in the state your phone is in now I wouldn't try to flash any firmware because I doubt you have much of a chance of being successful.

#9 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:44 AM

Making the cable or adapter is simple. It's just soldering a jumper from pin 4 to pin 1. There are YouTube videos on how to do so.

from my S8+

• spainter likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users