Photo

[Cdma Razr][Gingerbread] The Arctic Pre-Release For 173!

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 rperez455

rperez455

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

This is a great rom. I can't wait for the full rom. Thanks mattlgroff. Nice work

#42 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

It is based off a 6.11.748 Rom, that's why it says that. It still utilizes the new radio from 173 (see Baseband),
I think I may remove device setup and backup assistant.
Thoughts anyone?

keep the backup assistant please!!!!!

#43 scarathers

scarathers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:27 AM

Is this ROM still being worked on, mattlgroff?

#44 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:39 AM

Hey Matt, gonna give this ROM a test drive. Thanks!
  • mattlgroff likes this

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#45 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:59 AM

Is this ROM still being worked on, mattlgroff?

I've had some downtime on this Rom because of finals week at my university. We'll see how it goes from here!

First we need a finished white/light blue theme, then for Coryjohn to finish the inverted theme...but he is going through personal issues and it may take a while unfortunately.
  • mugsy77 likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#46 scarathers

scarathers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

I've had some downtime on this Rom because of finals week at my university. We'll see how it goes from here!

First we need a finished white/light blue theme, then for Coryjohn to finish the inverted theme...but he is going through personal issues and it may take a while unfortunately.

Thanks for the heads up. Hope everything goes well for Coryjohn. This ROM will be worth the wait. Thank you guys for taking the time out of your personal life to do this for the community. I really appreciate your hard work.

#47 CGrugger

CGrugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Google+:johndpackard
  • LocationBoston

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

for whatever reason, I cannot send with chomp. i get error, "send failed" any ideas?

Yeah, I am having the same problem.

On first boot after install of the rom, I installed it and it worked. It also booted with the swype keyboard. After restoring some apps with Titanium back up, I rebooted the phone, and the keyboard went back to default and I can not send text.

I am going back to a different ROM for now. From what I have read it is a problem with the SMSC number, but I cant find Verizons # or a PDU converter. I will take another look at this tomorrow, I am headed to the beach.
Droid Razr on Verizon

#48 scarathers

scarathers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

Yeah, I am having the same problem.

On first boot after install of the rom, I installed it and it worked. It also booted with the swype keyboard. After restoring some apps with Titanium back up, I rebooted the phone, and the keyboard went back to default and I can not send text.

I am going back to a different ROM for now. From what I have read it is a problem with the SMSC number, but I cant find Verizons # or a PDU converter. I will take another look at this tomorrow, I am headed to the beach.

I had the same problem. Did you do a backup of your SMS through titanium backup? It's a system app if you did. When you recover that backup I believe it changes the number. I just didn't restore that part of it and my texting worked fine again. I use SMS backup and restore for my text messages. It's a free app in the market.
  • CGrugger likes this

#49 bearcats7388

bearcats7388

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

awsome rom matt...

I've been running the rom for a few days now and the only issue i have had is getting my facebook contacts to sync and the calender force closes

other then that its been great extremely fast and smooth with great battery life

the only thing I would like to see put back in the rom is a favorite contact widget like the one that comes stock

keep up the great work and will let you know if any other issues arise cant wait for the final release

#50 CGrugger

CGrugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

I had the same problem. Did you do a backup of your SMS through titanium backup? It's a system app if you did. When you recover that backup I believe it changes the number. I just didn't restore that part of it and my texting worked fine again. I use SMS backup and restore for my text messages. It's a free app in the market.

Thanks, that was the problem. I reloaded the ROM and only restored what I needed and it worked great.

I like the ROM so far, hadnt had much time to fool around with it.

Thanks for the ROM!!
Droid Razr on Verizon

#51 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

Does anyone have an issue in Facebook from the browser adding comments? When typing a couple of letters, then the whole KB gets highlighted when typing but nothing is being printed?

#52 CGrugger

CGrugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

Does anyone have an issue in Facebook from the browser adding comments? When typing a couple of letters, then the whole KB gets highlighted when typing but nothing is being printed?

I just tried. Everything works well for me. How is your connection? some times my browser screws up when I have bad connection.
Droid Razr on Verizon

#53 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

I just tried. Everything works well for me. How is your connection? some times my browser screws up when I have bad connection.

4G/3G connection. Fresh install after all the wipes. I am using the default KB with swype built in.

#54 CGrugger

CGrugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

4G/3G connection. Fresh install after all the wipes. I am using the default KB with swype built in.

Have you tried dolphin HD browser?
  • MrFrankRazr likes this
Droid Razr on Verizon

#55 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

Have you tried dolphin HD browser?

Dolphin HD is working just fine, thanks!
Also, I have the no notifications with sms/mms...so I'm gonna download chomp and try it out.. Used it many moons and I like it, so I'll give it another shot.

#56 CGrugger

CGrugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

Dolphin HD is working just fine, thanks!
Also, I have the no notifications with sms/mms...so I'm gonna download chomp and try it out.. Used it many moons and I like it, so I'll give it another shot.

Yeah, the OP commented on that. Did you read scarathers post? If you used titanium backup and restored the stock sms client you will run into problems. I am back on eclipse now because i was playing around with themes.

This rom is great, i had just gotten used to eclipse.
Droid Razr on Verizon

#57 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

How much longer will this be a "pre release".
I have a fever..... and the only cure..... is more cowbell!!!!

#58 Clarkkent434

Clarkkent434

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

Any try to update this to 181?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#59 akkarris

akkarris

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

I just rooted my phone with this version. I have a droid razr 6.11.748.XT912 running 2.3.5 gingerbread. The issue that i am having is that I cannot download anything from the market anyone else having this problem?

#60 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

I just rooted my phone with this version. I have a droid razr 6.11.748.XT912 running 2.3.5 gingerbread. The issue that i am having is that I cannot download anything from the market anyone else having this problem?

read the original post, it clearly states this is for .173 not .748

you can however flash the original designed for .748 found here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users