Photo

[Updated 3/7: Soak Rolling Out Now] Motorola Feedback Network Sends Invites to Droid RAZR and RAZR Maxx Owners

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

#1 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8 (primary); Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

UPDATE 2: March 7- Soak is rolling out. This will likely be the last update to this post until we know if the uldate will roll out to the general public.

UPDATE: March 7th:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

has posted an update saying that Motorola is starting the soak soon, per a friend's email:

It's on according to this email a friend of a friend sent me. Wink wink.

Hello,

Thanks for signing up for the Droid RAZR / Droid RAZR Maxx Jelly Bean software test. The software should be pushed to your phone early tomorrow.

As expected, the number of Motorola Feedback Network volunteers wildly exceeded our ability to accommodate everyone. But we don't want to leave anyone out, so we've split our testers into two groups.

One group will get the software and be asked for feedback in a private community. That group will also fill out an evaluation survey.
A second group will also get the software, and will be asked to fill out the evaluation survey only.
You have been selected as part of the first group. We're counting on your participation in the private community -- so please take part!
Your input is very important to us. To ensure we hear you, please follow these guidelines:

Please post all your feedback in our private community (link below). This also where you'll find help during the soak.
Please do not call or contact Motorola or Verizon support for help during the soak. Those teams are not yet ready to support this software.
I'm not able to check private messages on the forums during soaks, so if you need immediate help that's not a good route to take. Use the private area instead.
If you have any problems accessing the private community, please click here for help.
Please do not post questions publicly on our site or elsewhere.
Please start your visit to the private community here. You'll find additional important information in the Welcome message as soon as you sign in.

Thanks so much for your participation! We really appreciate your time and insights.

Regards,

Matt
Motorola Feedback Network
Motorola Owners' Forum
Visit us at: forums.motorola.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL POST

211.8KB   404 downloads
Motorola has sent out emails moments ago to Motorola Feedback Network members (including me) to invite Droid RAZR and RAZR Maxx (original) owners to soak test a "early preview" of Jelly Bean, the next version of Android for the pair of devices.

Those of you who are in the MFN should receive the email soon, if not already. This is good news for those who own the device and have been eager for Jelly Bean (if you haven't installed the leak, of course). If you are on the JB leak and want to test the new build, you are still able to submit a request in the form they sent out. Hopefully Motorola is planning to release an update to those on the leak, should the new build be a different version. If you can't see the picture, read the email below:

Hi,

Thanks for joining the Motorola Feedback Network. We are inviting owners of the Droid RAZR or Droid RAZR Maxx on Verizon to participate in an early preview of a new Jelly Bean software release, and provide feedback. If you are not currently using a Droid RAZR or Droid RAZR Maxx on Verizon, please excuse and ignore this email.

Click this link -- [Link Removed] -- to take the enrollment survey if you wish to take part. Note that you must be a member in good standing of the Motorola Owners' Forums to be included. The registration window could close without notice so please respond as quickly as possible.

This is a confidential test under the terms of the Motorola Feedback Network. Do not post any details or information about this on any public sites.

Thanks -- please understand that start times are always fluid. We ask for your patience if you register but don't hear from us right away.

When do you think Jelly Bean will be released officially?
  • mugsy77 and joeyx2 like this

HTC One M8 // 3.28.605.4 // CleanROM 3.0 w/HarmonKardon audio // Android 4.4.4
n5SOtgv.jpg - "White Noise" out November 4th!
(Recommended)

#2 gcarterny

gcarterny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Twitter:@gcarterny
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

I got one too. 307pm today but don't have a RAZR anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

#3 usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Berserker

• Developer
  • 958 posts
  • Twitter:@usmcamgrimm
  • LocationMassillon, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW G3

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

I just got the e-mail

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Exodus-Sig%204.png

#4 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

Droidian,

Might want to remove the identifying marks from that screenshot.. the link is unique to you...

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#5 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

Droidian,

Might want to remove the identifying marks from that screenshot.. the link is unique to you...

I did, I had the photo edited but uploaded the wrong one. Thanks for catching it though, it should be edited now.

(Recommended)

#6 n00dle

n00dle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

Would this idea work if we did upgrade to JB already.? :
Half brick back to ICS, then apply new update, much like some have done with the leak when they messed somethimg up, since we don't have Fastboot files yet.

#7 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

Would this idea work if we did upgrade to JB already.? :
Half brick back to ICS, then apply new update, much like some have done with the leak when they messed somethimg up, since we don't have Fastboot files yet.

Maybe. I'm not sure. Someone from the soak test would have to leak the update and I don't see much good coming from leaking a soak test update in my opinion.

(Recommended)

#8 joeyx2

joeyx2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

If you are on the JB leak and want to test the new build, well, you can't. Since you're not on ICS, you won't receive the update.

You Sir Are Wrong! Don't Ask Me How I Know Cause I'm Not Supposed To Talk About it.
  • droidian1441 likes this

#9 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

If you are on the JB leak and want to test the new build, well, you can't. Since you're not on ICS, you won't receive the update.

You Sir Are Wrong! Don't Ask Me How I Know Cause I'm Not Supposed To Talk About it.

Lol I just reread that, I'm going to clarify that a bit.

Edit: I edited it to reclarify that sentence, hopefully its better. :)

• joeyx2 likes this

(Recommended)

#10 joeyx2

joeyx2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

Anybody Know How Long Does It Take To Send Out The Test After Getting The First Email.

#11 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Anybody Know How Long Does It Take To Send Out The Test After Getting The First Email.

It Depends On How Fast They Go. It Can Take A Week, It Can Take A Month.
  • Coolloser likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#12 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Really depends. It could be one week or it could be one month. When I had a Droid 3 they did a soak test. Invites were sent in December, update didn't roll out until April. So who knows.

(Recommended)

#13 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

We posted the exact same time period at the same time almost. -___-

(Recommended)

#14 joeyx2

joeyx2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

screw It! If They Don't Send Me The Soak I'll Get It One Way Or Another. When You Are Doing The Survey it will ask you for phone model and system version you have. (jelly bean leak being one of them)

#15 SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Twitter:SnoDrtRider
  • Google+:SnoDrtRider
  • LocationSouth Jersey or Tug Hill, NY
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx, Motorola Xoom Wi Fi

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

I'll just wait for you to add it to the utility ;)

Last time I was chosen for a soak on the Razr (GB to ICS) I had already been running ICS for over a month... I un-rooted went back to GB and waited... and waited... and waited. <_< Finally I could not take it and re-rooted and re-installled ICS.

#16 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Smasung Galaxy Note 2, ASUS TF700T

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

I did the ICS test. Takes about 4-7 days before they actually push it it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Posted Image

#17 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

A new utility is definitely in the works.. once I get a hold of the Leak to Official JB ota zip file.
  • SnoDrtRider, johnthehillbilly and dmtaylor20 like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#18 projoe

projoe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

screw It! If They Don't Send Me The Soak I'll Get It One Way Or Another. When You Are Doing The Survey it will ask you for phone model and system version you have. (jelly bean leak being one of them)

Yeah, which makes me wonder why the OP said this test is only for ICS users.... Why else would they ask if we're already on the leak or not? And then okay the application.

#19 SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Twitter:SnoDrtRider
  • Google+:SnoDrtRider
  • LocationSouth Jersey or Tug Hill, NY
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx, Motorola Xoom Wi Fi

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

A new utility is definitely in the works.. once I get a hold of the Leak to Official JB ota zip file.

Who needs Verizon when we have you!

#20 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

Yeah, which makes me wonder why the OP said this test is only for ICS users.... Why else would they ask if we're already on the leak or not? And then okay the application.

Does the form ask about the JB leak? I didn't submit a form for myself so I don't know.

(Recommended)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users