Photo

[Updated 3/7: Soak Rolling Out Now] Motorola Feedback Network Sends Invites to Droid RAZR and RAZR Maxx Owners

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

#41 just lou

just lou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

I really expected the soak to go out last night or tonight.
  • dave5777 likes this

#42 floatingfaceup

floatingfaceup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

I just like knowing it's not out yet considering I'm not a part of the soak

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#43 dave5777

dave5777

Crack Flashing MOFO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX, NEXUS 7 32gb

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

5pm, guess I would not bet on you!!! They won't drop the update until after the second part of the soak test is done, which is to notify whoever is part of it that they are indeed part of it. Then part 3 is the actual soak. Since no one has reported the second part, any guesses on timing are way way off!!! Heck with the soak, just send it out!!!

I participated in the ICS soak and there wasn't a second email until the Soak was already pushed and it was just Matt saying the private forums were setup. So if you got the invite you could get the soak a anytime ;p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

#44 just lou

just lou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

I just like knowing it's not out yet considering I'm not a part of the soak

Guaranteed that within hours of the soak going out, the file will be available for download somewhere. ;)
  • dave5777 likes this

#45 dtomlin

dtomlin

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

This is taking forever. I figured it would start within a week of the initial email.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

• rhythmtraveler likes this

#46 rhythmtraveler

rhythmtraveler

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

This is taking forever. I figured it would start within a week of the initial email.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Agreed.

#47 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8 (primary); Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

Hopefully it starts sometime later this week. We can only hope lol.

• dave5777 likes this

HTC One M8 // 3.28.605.4 // CleanROM 3.0 w/HarmonKardon audio // Android 4.4.4
n5SOtgv.jpg - "White Noise" out November 4th!
(Recommended)

#48 dtomlin

dtomlin

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

The only update I've ever had that wasn't pre–leaked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#49 mgrimmenator

mgrimmenator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

so why would they not go to 4.2 instead of 4.1 jellybean? if it going to update why not go to latest version?

#50 The_Chupacabra

The_Chupacabra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLawton OK

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

Same reason we were on GB when the nexus came out with jb and we soon got ICS

#51 dtomlin

dtomlin

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

Because Motorola and Verizon hate Me!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#52 mgrimmenator

mgrimmenator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

i thought since google bought up motorola we would see better updates and a lot faster. boy was i wrong. i think my next phone just might be a samsung. this is getting rediculous.

#53 SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Twitter:SnoDrtRider
  • Google+:SnoDrtRider
  • LocationSouth Jersey or Tug Hill, NY
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx, Motorola Xoom Wi Fi

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

i thought since google bought up motorola we would see better updates and a lot faster. boy was i wrong. i think my next phone just might be a samsung. this is getting rediculous.

It's not Google or Moto it's Verizon that drags their feet.

As some of us already know there has been a JB release out there since Christmas and it works fine.

#54 rhythmtraveler

rhythmtraveler

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

Just venting my frustration over waiting. I'm too honest to mess with my phone, plus I'm afraid of turning it into a paperweight. It just seems by the time I get JB that KLP will be released. I'm not asking for anything that doesn't already exist. OK rant over.
Have A Great Day All. (-;

#55 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:46 AM

Just venting my frustration over waiting. I'm too honest to mess with my phone, plus I'm afraid of turning it into a paperweight. It just seems by the time I get JB that KLP will be released. I'm not asking for anything that doesn't already exist. OK rant over.
Have A Great Day All. (-;

I hear ya man. This waiting sucks. I've seen the soak start only a day or two after the invite and then I've seen it start a week or more after the invite. We even had access to the Motorola private forums for a couple days before the soak started and then there was a delay so we sat there and BS'd till it started.

My opinions/views provided free of charge courtesy of Tapatalk on my Nexus 7 or Moto RAZR.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#56 dtomlin

dtomlin

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:14 AM

Verizon is thinking hey a lot of these razr owners are available for upgrades. If we frustrate the hell out of them, they will get a new phone and we have them locked in again. Che ching

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#57 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

Verizon is thinking hey a lot of these razr owners are available for upgrades. If we frustrate the hell out of them, they will get a new phone and we have them locked in again. Che ching

Sent from my DROID RAZR

More likely Verizon would be concerned about getting this update right, so that they don't have to release another for bug fixes. Each update can take months to get approved, and during each time frame plenty of new regulation can pass that they would not want to abide by. Saying the device is obsolete they can likely get away without having to meet new regulation, however if they release updates they will have to include changes per the new policy.

#58 dtomlin

dtomlin

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

More likely Verizon would be concerned about getting this update right, so that they don't have to release another for bug fixes. Each update can take months to get approved, and during each time frame plenty of new regulation can pass that they would not want to abide by. Saying the device is obsolete they can likely get away without having to meet new regulation, however if they release updates they will have to include changes per the new policy.

But that would make too much sense for Verizon. Verizon is now big enough, they don't have to make sense. Which can go on for years before competition sneaks up on them. See: American Automobile Industry-1970s

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#59 MartyChubbs

MartyChubbs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationThe Ghetto, Minnesota

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

If it is not the leak we had back at xmas, it will be worth the wait. Otherwise, getting a new Fastboot will be great too...

Verizon will be too $$$ and locked down for my taste once LTE alternatives are available in the Twin Cities...

I (aka Mr. Chubbs aka Marty "The Wad" Chubbs aka Knot Mehreelname ) accept no liability for the content of this post. I basically made it all up as I was typing...

#60 dtomlin

dtomlin

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

I'd guess it'll be a less buggy version of the Xmas mistake. Hopefully with some extras, buy I wouldn't count on it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users