Photo

[XT912 FIX] invalid cd otv (cg system) invalid sp data

Best Answer tucstwo , 30 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

I have this exact problem with my phone.  I have had several droids all of which have been rooted but I have not had any issues to where I had to fully understand the adb, fastboot or RSD.  I need help with the first part of these directions to un-brick my phone.

edit:

I figured out how to use moto-fastboot.  My issue now is the my phone will not charge and it is telling me it needs charged prior to running fastboot.  Any suggestions would be great.  I have used my motorola cable as well as several others that have all worked in the past.

Thanks,

Orgulio

You need either a Factory Programing Cable OR an Adapter for the stock cable provided to you with your phone. These devices allow you to flash your phone in fastboot mode, with a low battery. They basically bypass your phones battery and power it with external power so you can flash. This is really the only solution.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Semseddin

Semseddin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Locationİstanbul
  • Current Device(s):XT910

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

Hi everyone,

This is my first thread at droidrzr.com here and it is about a simple fix for invalid cd otv (cg system) invalid sp data error. I got this bricked xt912 today for repairs at the shop that i work professioanly. I spend my whole sunday by searching and trying a lot of suggestions,scripts and methods.I read similar threads for droid 3, bionic,xt912 on here and otther forums. Information gathered,tried but unfortunately none couldn't help to unbrick the device. The device and software information when i got it.

Device : XT912 Droid Razr Maxx
Bootloader 0A.77
Error : invalid cd otv (cg system) invalid sp data , Can't pass Flash boot failure screen, won't load os, recovery
CID : Intact
Battery: Empty (lucky me, rocking the wonderful TBH Factory cable )

Failure reason as told by customer

Device had the jellybean ota leak running. he tried to downgrade to ics and his brother interrupted the flashing process in the middle.

How i fixed it ?

The preinstalled partition was damaged and couldn't be correctly flashed with moto-fastboot in my case. This mismatch also disabled the access to recovery and phone kept stuck at invalid cd otv (cg system) invalid sp data error. Every partition of the device was flashable though. After many failed flashing,unbricking squence attempts with rsd, moto-fastboot commands, Matt's wonderful 1.8.2 unbricking utility. i thought of comparing flash files and looking for missing lines in scripts. Obviously, i didn't try to flash cdt.bin partition before, and i said why not, do it ! i started to look for cdt.bin file of xt912 jelly bean. Luckily it was avaiable in Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip ota leak file. I did as it follows and it is successfully unbricked now. Special thanks to mattgrofl for his utility.

moto-fastboot flash cdt.bin cdt.bin_16G ( repartitions the emmc )
moto-fastboot reboot bootloader
Run matt's 1.8.2 utility ( will flash preinstalled now )

Once it finishes, reboot to recovery. i know you'll be happy to see adroid with exclamation mark again.

Wipe data / factory reset ( will correctly format the partition table according to newly flashed cdt.bin_16G )
Wipe cache
Install zip from sdcard > Flash Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip ! ( Final step ! Congratz. )

Regards, Semseddin of

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• pncanh and JerryWhete like this

#2 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Well, I guess I'm glad you got it fixed, but I am not happy that you come here to have us help you when you are doing this for a business. Myself, Tucs and now Matt never knew that was the case or you wouldnt have received any help.

Poor. :(

#3 Semseddin

Semseddin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Locationİstanbul

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

I thought that this was a community that help its members. I can make money out of it, you can make money out of anything for a living, that's life. You guys didn't help me in the chatroom, now you continue your respectless attitude towards me. Now i'm posting something useful for free. Guess who's poor. :)

#4 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

We do help members for free, but youre making money on our assistance and even asking for our help isnt cool.

As for the chatroom, I came in after you, after trying to help you in the other thread. I also asked you questions in the chatroom, but got no reply from you. No, you will get no respect here.

#5 Semseddin

Semseddin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Locationİstanbul

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

I dont need your respect nor bad attiute.I dont know you and you definitly dont know me. I helped many motorolans many years for free and still doing so in my own forum. So, in my heart, i am cool. Was it a mistake to ask for help from droidrzr.com or share your findings with droidrzr.com and post it, send regards and get dirt in your face by a newbie mod ?

#6 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

Semseddin... not cool. You're making a profit on another's expertise who is not employed under you, is a friend of yours or even an acquaintance with out them getting a cut nor knowledge you were making money of their advice. That doesn't ring right with me.

It's never a mistake to ask for help. I'm sure that if you at least let people know you were making money off their time and knowledge this wouldn't be a problem.

Thank you for your contribution...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• biggiesmalls657 likes this

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#7 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Ok, first of all, have you read the

?? We are all here on donated time, if some chooses not to help you because you are looking to profit off of someone's time, then, some just would rather donate time for people who really needs help, not because you need to make money. another thing. Talking down to a member or member of staff is NOT acceptable one bit. I am not sure WHY you are asking for help and in the same breath calling someone trying to help "a mod" who helps people all day everyday, saying he's a newbie..

Regardless, the nonsense stops here, imo, if you don't care for the people or help your getting then you should just probably not ask for help since you seem to know so much calling others "newbies"

Satman80

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#8 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

I think you all need to sit back and chill for a while. Everyone makes money in their own way. Should it matter that he asked for help here in his travels through his "work"? Of course not. I personally see that as using the resources available to him. This is just my opinion of course so take it for what its worth.
  • Semseddin and satman80 like this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#9 Semseddin

Semseddin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Locationİstanbul

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

Dear Thach,

Thank you for your sensible approach.For a moment, I thought if anyone here who works in phone business does anything or flashing for free ? Definitly not. Plus, i didn't make money over anybody's copyrighted material or ideas, suggestions. i didn't care and left smoothly. Found a solution myself for this error and wanted to share with the forum. Internet is full of information and that's free. If you can make money from information, that's cool for me. If customer could do it himself, he could. I never knew i would be in the middle of a witch firing party !. I only used matts script which is basically five lines of fastboot commands, If that makes an ethical problem for me to use it and earn money from that, i can manually type any fastboot command. Some might unbrick his phone, some might unbrick and earn from it like me. In the end, the point of whole story if the " device is successfully unbricked " that's what matters at all, It wasn't cool to make assumptions and judge others by your assumptions at all.

#10 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

I guess the most important factor here is.... there is one less bricked phone running around out there!!! :)

Also the problem AND the solution have been posted here for ALL of our members to see....... and possibly benefit from it.....

Was it morally wrong for this member to get paid for using free knowledge and/or help? maybe---maybe not....(i may get my hand slapped for this but, here goes)...... it is NOT our job to decide someone's morality, and/or whether or not he/she gets paid for using information they have received....

it is however wrong, and against our site rules, for ANY member to speak down to another member (regardless of being staff or not) ESPECIALLY out in a public forum/thread......

so I agree with Thach..... everyone needs to chill before this gets out of hand and the thread possibly getting locked away etc...resulting in the good information in the OP being no longer available to someone who may need it.......
  • Thach likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#11 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

I think you all need to sit back and chill for a while. Everyone makes money in their own way. Should it matter that he asked for help here in his travels through his "work"? Of course not. I personally see that as using the resources available to him. This is just my opinion of course so take it for what its worth.

While I certainly do not disagree on a whole with your statement Thach, I for one do not want to help people that are doing this for a profit. I spend a lot of time here all voluntarily (like the rest of the staff), and I for one dont think my effort should be used for someone to make money on.

I just will just pick and choose those that I help based on the story they try to sell me.

#12 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

I think the only thing I may say is this.

I understand this is on the heels of a member who never belonged here before. Signed up, spent 3.5 hours in our chat room with some of our tech savy helpers, just for them to find out at the end, that it wasn't even his phone. It was a friends and the only reason he was fixing it was because his friend was paying him 60 bucks. Is that against our rules? No. Is it a social faux pas? Yeah. It's kinda in bad taste. The guys who help out in the chat room do it to be nice, not for profit...so I can certainly see how that can offend them.

This situation is a little different (at least to me) in that this member is employed at a phone repair shop. It's not like he intended to take advantage of the chat room resources, I think the dude was just trying to do his job. Had the other event not take place just the other afternoon, I don't think we'd even be having this conversation right now but it's fresh in some guys minds.

Look at it this way, if we were a BMW website. And we helped each other diagnose repairs to their cars. Then one day a guy comes in to ask for help but he just HAPPENS to work at a garage and is trying to diagnose a customers car, would he be in poor taste for doing that? Eh, I'm not so sure. The dudes just trying to do his job. When I owned my used car dealership, I can't tell you how many times I would get a car with some gremlin that I could just NOT fix and my FIRST MOVE was to his the forums because I knew there'd be guys in there that specialize in that vehicle. Was I dick? I wasn't trying to be. I was just asking for help, which could be denied to me at any time.

This needs to be addressed on a case by case basis. There is no black and white "We don't help people fix phones because there's money involved". Nor do I think it's necessarily a person's responsibility to inform you upfront, that this is not their phone or that they work in a cell phone shop, etc, etc. And FWIW, I was in the chat room when the OP came in looking for advice, but I was not part of the discussion. I was working with

to help fix

's phone. So I did not actually see this separate conversation take place and left the chat room to enter a G+ hangout with JamRwoo and IsaiahP.

/my $0.02
  • cmh714 likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#13 pncanh

pncanh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

Hi everyone,

This is my first thread at droidrzr.com here and it is about a simple fix for invalid cd otv (cg system) invalid sp data error. I got this bricked xt912 today for repairs at the shop that i work professioanly. I spend my whole sunday by searching and trying a lot of suggestions,scripts and methods.I read similar threads for droid 3, bionic,xt912 on here and otther forums. Information gathered,tried but unfortunately none couldn't help to unbrick the device. The device and software information when i got it.

Bootloader 0A.77
Error : invalid cd otv (cg system) invalid sp data , Can't pass Flash boot failure screen, won't load os, recovery

Device had the jellybean ota leak running. he tried to downgrade to ics and his brother interrupted the flashing process in the middle.

How i fixed it ?

The preinstalled partition was damaged and couldn't be correctly flashed with moto-fastboot in my case. This mismatch also disabled the access to recovery and phone kept stuck at invalid cd otv (cg system) invalid sp data error. Every partition of the device was flashable though. After many failed flashing,unbricking squence attempts with rsd, moto-fastboot commands, Matt's wonderful 1.8.2 unbricking utility. i thought of comparing flash files and looking for missing lines in scripts. Obviously, i didn't try to flash cdt.bin partition before, and i said why not, do it ! i started to look for cdt.bin file of xt912 jelly bean. Luckily it was avaiable in Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip ota leak file. I did as it follows and it is successfully unbricked now. Special thanks to mattgrofl for his utility.

Once it finishes, reboot to recovery. i know you'll be happy to see adroid with exclamation mark again.

Wipe data / factory reset ( will correctly format the partition table according to newly flashed cdt.bin_16G )
Wipe cache
Install zip from sdcard > Flash Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip ! ( Final step ! Congratz. )

Regards, Semseddin of

thank alot !
I can unbrick my phone with your way. very helpful with me.
thank you again !

#14 orgulio

orgulio

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

Hi everyone,

Bootloader 0A.77

How i fixed it ?

Wipe cache

Regards, Semseddin of

I have this exact problem with my phone.  I have had several droids all of which have been rooted but I have not had any issues to where I had to fully understand the adb, fastboot or RSD.  I need help with the first part of these directions to un-brick my phone.

edit:

I figured out how to use moto-fastboot.  My issue now is the my phone will not charge and it is telling me it needs charged prior to running fastboot.  Any suggestions would be great.  I have used my motorola cable as well as several others that have all worked in the past.

Thanks,

Orgulio

#15 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:37 PM   Best Answer

edit:

Thanks,

Orgulio

You need either a

OR an

for the stock cable provided to you with your phone. These devices allow you to flash your phone in fastboot mode, with a low battery. They basically bypass your phones battery and power it with external power so you can flash. This is really the only solution.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#16 dexterityy

dexterityy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNigeria
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR XT912, BB Bold 5

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:04 AM

Hi...Pls I need the droid RAZR utility 1.6 GB XT912 VZW.. link says its Deprecated/Invalid. I've flash using the utility 1.82 all okay except "writing devtree... INFOprefash validation failure" also a IMG larger than partition failure...about three failures. Pls could you post the Droid Razr utility 1.6 Gingerbread.thanks.

#17 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:26 AM

Hi...Pls I need the droid RAZR utility 1.6 GB XT912 VZW.. link says its Deprecated/Invalid. I've flash using the utility 1.82 all okay except "writing devtree... INFOprefash validation failure" also a IMG larger than partition failure...about three failures. Pls could you post the Droid Razr utility 1.6 Gingerbread.thanks.

Posting the exact failures would help out a lot.  Also, there's no need to post this question in three different places. 

Go here for firmware to flash with RSD or HoM:

R. Long: Pixel 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users