Photo

Matt's unbrick utillity Help Please

unbrick

Best Answer Memnoch73 , 03 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

I tried to go to ICS from JB on my droid razr (big mistake) and now it is bricked. can someone please tell me what I need to do to fix this? I tried to run a program to unbrick it but I keep getting a preflash validation error. I saw on the thread where someone said you had to make sure to know where you were coming from when you bricked to make sure you use the right link. Can someone please tell me what link I need to use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!! 

Jess

You can use the latest Utility. It's in the post above yours.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 sinclac

sinclac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

Hello,

I have ran the unbrick utillity all went well, but it said to
  • Once done, unplug phone, Boot into Recovery (See Recovery howto)
  • Apply update Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip reboot (Note: this may take up to 10 Min) Aslo on First boot be patient.

Where does the zip file go and what should it be named?
I have it on the SD card root with the name above and named as update.zip and i keep geting the green android with the red triangle.

Any help would be great.

Thanks, Chuck

#2 sinclac

sinclac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

This has been FIXED!!

#3 ayrond

ayrond

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:@ayrond

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Okay, Matt sent me the unbrick utility, and it seemed to work OK (no failures). My phone now just boots up and goes to a black screen. Once the JB leak has been installed, is it impossible to fastboot back to ICS? How can I get it back working on ANY build. Please Help!

#4 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

You need to reinstall the JB leak from recovery. That should get you to full JB leak and working. No there is no going back to ICS.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#5 BADDINOROX99

BADDINOROX99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

my windows 8 PC won't recognize my phone I installed the drivers but no its not working

#6 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

There has been many issues with Win 8 and phones. I also saw people with my DNA have issues. i'm not sure a fix has been found yet. Anyone have win 8 and a fix for this??

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#7 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

Sam had mentioned disabling UAC but not sure if it helps.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#8 Gus

Gus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter:gus194
  • LocationHouston, Texas
  • Current Device(s):XT1053 Moto X Developer Edition, Droid Razr, Samsung Galaxy S Advance

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Can someone help me? I ran the Unbrick Utility and everything ran great, but when I try to install the JB leak it always aborts the Installation

#9 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

Can someone help me? I ran the Unbrick Utility and everything ran great, but when I try to install the JB leak it always aborts the Installation

We need more detail than that if you want help. Or come into the chatroom

#10 Gus

Gus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter:gus194
  • LocationHouston, Texas
  • Current Device(s):XT1053 Moto X Developer Edition, Droid Razr, Samsung Galaxy S Advance

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

We need more detail than that if you want help. Or come into the chatroom

I was getting a Black Screen after the Motorola Logo. But I fixed it nevermind lol. I used this to help me

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#11 WoodyDE

WoodyDE

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

Unbrick does not seem to be fixing the issue. Any help would be appreciated

assert failed: apply_patch_check("EMMC:boot:8388608:46b1d867743b5a4db403dc2cd67a124cbd2b2173:8388608:46f6ca9eabee86cde2b4063011cffaf2a76b1")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

#12 wallacengineering

wallacengineering

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr MAXX (XT912)

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

Unbrick does not seem to be fixing the issue. Any help would be appreciated

assert failed: apply_patch_check("EMMC:boot:8388608:46b1d867743b5a4db403dc2cd67a124cbd2b2173:8388608:46f6ca9eabee86cde2b4063011cffaf2a76b1")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

I have bricked my phone before as well. I got mine back up and running with utilities no problem at all.

Determine whether you were on ICS when you bricked (Meaning NOT what you were trying to upgrade to but rather where you were coming from) or the JB Leak when you bricked.

The reason it matters is because ICS and JB Leak have two SEPERATE Un-Bricking tools that are NOT COMPATIBLE WITH EACHOTHER!!!

I used this when I bricked attempting to install ClockWorkModRecovery_On_Boot after I accidentally downloaded the wrong file:

JB LEAK ONLY UNBRICKING TOOL:

ICS ONLY UNBRICKING TOOL:

JB OFFICIAL OTA: (I do not know of a utility for the officail OTA yet)
Apples are food. Quit being stupid, eat your food, and get a Droid.
Posted Image

#13 WoodyDE

WoodyDE

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

I was on the OTA JB after using 1.82 to go back to stock from rooted ICS. I maintained root through the update and reinstalled Razr Bootstrap which I believe started the problem. It originally was the cause for flashing back to stock. For some reason, the phone rebooted and thats when trouble began, received same message as you. Used the Unbrick and now that has caused other problems.

#14 wallacengineering

wallacengineering

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr MAXX (XT912)

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

I was on the OTA JB after using 1.82 to go back to stock from rooted ICS. I maintained root through the update and reinstalled Razr Bootstrap which I believe started the problem. It originally was the cause for flashing back to stock. For some reason, the phone rebooted and thats when trouble began, received same message as you. Used the Unbrick and now that has caused other problems.

Ok Try this... Run Matt's utility and attempt to go back to Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.4). It will fail, I know, because once you are on Jelly Bean (4.1.2) there is NO POSSIBLE WAY back to ICS (because the kernel updates and so far there isnt a method to reverse this); but perhaps if you attempt to run the ICS .zip file install from within recovery, it may wipe the files that are causing the error. Then, run the Jelly Bean Unbrick tool and then install the stock OTA again.

NOTE: This MUST be run from inside of STOCK RECOVERY, it CANT be safestrap, or bootstrap, or whatever else you may be using to run custom ROMs.

One final tip, unroot permanantly and then do a factory reset before ever trying to upgrade. It is much easier to just re-root later using the JB "Razr Blade" root utility.
Apples are food. Quit being stupid, eat your food, and get a Droid.
Posted Image

#15 WoodyDE

WoodyDE

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Will do, battery low during first attempt and failed. now causing another problem. lol. Will let charge for a few hours before attempting again.

Thanks

#16 WoodyDE

WoodyDE

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:52 AM

Ran Unbrick and attempted to load a fresh download of JB. Failed again. Then ran Matt's 1.82. After it finished finally got JB to install and I was back in business. Then JB OTA downloaded to the phone automatically and all is well.

Phone was really messed up, at one point only loading into AP Fastboot with Boot Failure message coming up. Reloading the JB leak to the card seemed to be the trick. Also kept getting battery low after each step of the process in Matt's 1.82 even though the phone had been charging over 4 hours. Would have to unplug, and go back into AP Fastboot to get the battery to reset, then would hit any key to proceed. That seemed to do the trick as well.

Thanks all. Reading everyone's posts and multiple threads was extremely helpful.
  • neckchop likes this

#17 riggsdaruler

riggsdaruler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Twitter:riggsdaruler
  • Google+:riggsdaruler
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

Can anyone help? I used the jb unbrick utility and all I keep getting is a the red moto... then a black screen. If I reboot and get into recovery... it says can't mount sd card. Are there any fast boot files out for .16 that I csn just flash it the ap fastboot and then be good? Or is there another way to go about it? Thanks in advance.

#18 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

Can anyone help? I used the jb unbrick utility and all I keep getting is a the red moto... then a black screen. If I reboot and get into recovery... it says can't mount sd card. Are there any fast boot files out for .16 that I csn just flash it the ap fastboot and then be good? Or is there another way to go about it? Thanks in advance.

Did you try and reapply the OTA from Recovery after flashing?

Yes you can try Matts JB Utility which has the fastboot files. See here:

#19 riggsdaruler

riggsdaruler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

Yea I Tried. It failed. Going to run jb unbrick then try one more time.

#20 riggsdaruler

riggsdaruler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

Well... I a little more successful. I was able to use the jb unbrick. And finally I'm on the jb ota. Only one problem... the phone reboots often.. Battery is at 5 % now, and I have it plugged into the wall outlet. When I turned the phone off to charge...it shows drained bqttery symbol with a question mark inside(?). I don't thinks its charging properly... I do have an extra battery from an original razr that I can put into my Maxx... maybe wipe battery stats?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: unbrick

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users