• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:48 AM

I never got an email confirmation email with my first order, so to be safe, I ordered another. Got the email this time. Glad the price was still the same.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#22 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:50 AM

I thought aout getting one but I have the HD Station and Logitech mouse and keyboard with unfying receiver and never really use desktop mode.

Plus I just got a Transformer Prime and matching keyboard dock . I love being able to use the chatroom with it. So for an extra $250 I got an unlocked bootloader and ICS ,

the hd station isn't the same. The prime w keyboard is a nice setup, but this cost much less.

#23 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:53 AM

Anyone notice a flood of them on eBay all the sudden .I looked a few weeks ago and there were several 100s but only 2 500s...last night there had to be 45 500s
......I was able to order mine no problem!

#24 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:28 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered mine yesterday.

#25 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

Sucks! Tried to get one and of course Verizon's site says sold out now!

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#26 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

the hd station isn't the same. The prime w keyboard is a nice setup, but this cost much less.

Of course its not the same, the focus of that statement was that I don't ever use webtop.

No one cares where this was sent from

:-D :-D

#27 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

Anybody buy an extra one they want to sell?... pm me and we can work out a deal...

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#28 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

Of course its not the same, the focus of that statement was that I don't ever use webtop.

I'm sure you would if you had this and not the prime

#29 TwoBuells

TwoBuells

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

I bought one on Sat.
Status didn't show shipped until Sunday night and
I have the tracking number, can't wait!
Better to be a Racer for a moment, Than a Spectator for a lifetime.

#30 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

I'm sure you would if you had this and not the prime

I essentially had the same thing with a wireless keyboard and mouse plus a 32" screen. If didn't use it at home, and any time I would actually want to lug around a laptop I would actually bring my laptop, it would just gather dust. But that's just me, if you'd actually use it that's a great deal.

#31 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

Well, I got a couple emails today stating that they oversold the lapdock and will not be sending mine out until more are in stock. I got two emails since the first order did actually go through.
I don't really know what to think of this. Will they send it out or just leave me hanging?
They haven't charged my card, but I kind of wish they had since I have no idea when they will. I don't want to get caught off guard without the funds.

#32 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

I essentially had the same thing with a wireless keyboard and mouse plus a 32" screen. If didn't use it at home, and any time I would actually want to lug around a laptop I would actually bring my laptop, it would just gather dust. But that's just me, if you'd actually use it that's a great deal.

I've never been able to justify the cash for a laptop that wouldn't leave me pissed off at it being too slow. Since I'll have my unlimited 4G on this, I won't care at all that it is a little slower. This will be an awesome OnLive On-The-Go system for $150 if they have it running for Linux (haven't checked that yet) among a dozen other uses that immediately come to mind. I do agree though, it is almost pointless if you already have a Transformer or a laptop with a decent battery.

#33 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

I got the same email ...I'm going to wait and see

#34 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

I got the email they were out of stock and that my CC was not charged. I replied to ask when they expected them in. They replied it would be filled as soon as they received more from the vendor.

#35 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

I've never been able to justify the cash for a laptop that wouldn't leave me pissed off at it being too slow. Since I'll have my unlimited 4G on this, I won't care at all that it is a little slower. This will be an awesome OnLive On-The-Go system for $150 if they have it running for Linux (haven't checked that yet) among a dozen other uses that immediately come to mind. I do agree though, it is almost pointless if you already have a Transformer or a laptop with a decent battery.

yeah I would love to ditch the laptop, but android just doesn't have certain capabilities that I need, Photoshop, efficient ftp, etc. I really didn't need the tablet but is just so cool haha.

Sent From Optimus Prime

#36 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

yeah I would love to ditch the laptop, but android just doesn't have certain capabilities that I need, Photoshop, efficient ftp, etc. I really didn't need the tablet but is just so cool haha.

Sent From Optimus Prime

I'm more banking on a Linux distro than native Android Webtop. It's also a good excuse for me to finally delve more into working with Linux as I can never find the time to justify learning it :P

Mine is expected for delivery tomorrow. It is a few miles from my work right now (where I have everything valuable delivered)!

#37 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

I'm more banking on a Linux distro than native Android Webtop. It's also a good excuse for me to finally delve more into working with Linux as I can never find the time to justify learning it :P

Mine is expected for delivery tomorrow. It is a few miles from my work right now (where I have everything valuable delivered)!

^this
From what I understand you can do just about as much as you can on Windows with Linux. If you need photoshop, use Gimp or SumoPaint. If you need Word, use OpenOffice. There are free opensource alternatives to just about everything on Linux.

#38 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

Ordered mine last Friday and finally received it this morning (Thursday). Obviously it is not a fully functioning laptop but for $150 and using my unlimited data connection, this was a great deal. Played with it fire a while, then had errands to run. Only problem now is a few hours later when I connected my phone again, the trackpad/mouse doesn't work right. Have to keep checking it out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#39 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

Ordered mine last Friday and finally received it this morning (Thursday). Obviously it is not a fully functioning laptop but for $150 and using my unlimited data connection, this was a great deal. Played with it fire a while, then had errands to run. Only problem now is a few hours later when I connected my phone again, the trackpad/mouse doesn't work right. Have to keep checking it out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

Damn! it took almost a full week for a 2 day shipment?

#40 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

I got an email today that they were processing my order and charged my card. Still no shipping notice though. And just as I suspected, they caught me when I was low on funds. I knew I should have waited to pay my bills :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users