Pretty good movie. I did indeed like it and have no issue purchasing it.
Where they failed:
- Steppenwolf was too easily defeated, or at least that's the tone I took
- I loved the shot of a Green Lantern fighting in the past and the ring leaving the dead host to find another, BUT there really should have been a Green Lantern reveal in this movie. They were too hung up with highlighting the return of Superman that they denied themselves a Lantern moment. I still say Chris Pine is perfect for this role. A ring could have found him before his plane exploded, or another Lantern saved him before the plane explosion. Is that Canon? No, but his portrayal of Trevor was perfect and he deserves to stay in the Universe somehow.
- Supergirl would have been cool as well, but im not hung up over that.
- Too rushed, we needed more back story
- Some of the CGI was.......meh
Where they won:
- 1989 batman theme included, yes yes yes
- Movie didnt get too boring at any point
- The Bruce Wayne/Diana Prince sexual tension. Hell yes.
- Totally rebooted the Aquaman character vibe and winning at it.
- After credit scenes were actually entertaining and meaningful.
-------- I love that despite all of the DCEU turmoil they found a way to still include the Deathstroke reveal. I do believe he will be featured in the Batman movie, if its made. Although if you do an after credit scene like that, you are pretty much committing to a certain direction. And from what I saw, im ok with it.
- Was still dark enough to stay true to DC tradition, but "light enough" that I can bring my 7 year old daughter and not worry. Hell, there was "Less" to worry about in this movie as far as she goes than Wonder Woman, lol.