#62 sparky697

sparky697

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Twitter:sparky697

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:00 PM

Finally saw the movie yesterday. Overall I really enjoyed it. I'm definitely a fan of the humor. My only real complaint is with the villains. They didn't do anything instill the sense of fear with Snoke for me. He was just a video in the first movie with no backstory or anything before getting killed. Kylo is just like an child throwing a tantrum that got his rear end kicked by a girl that picked up a light saber for the first time. He didnt really do anything but throw more tantrums and break stuff in this one. He certainly hasn't shown much intelligence. To me, General Hux was the best villain in this so far. I just don't get the sense of dread with the First Order that I did with the Empire. Maybe that will change in time. Still loved the movie overall though and look forward to seeing it again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• johnlgalt and SamuriHL like this

#63 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:36 PM

Yea, I think they went with the shock value in killing off Snoke quickly rather than develop him into a new Palpatine type villain.  He seemed menacing enough, however, he was NOT a sith.  In the end this story will come down to Kylo and Rey.  Some of the dialog between Luke and Leia pretty much tells you what's going to happen next.  Luke flat out said he's beyond redemption and that he wasn't "there" (haha) to save him.  Leia understood that.  Obviously Abrams will try to make the story interesting but there's not a lot of room left to play with.  Main episode IX points:

Leia has to die either in the very beginning or in the time between VIII and IX

Kylo will have some new super doomsday weapon to threaten the rest of the rebellion and the new republic with

We will probably get to finally see the remaining Knights of Ren and they will be a barrier to Rey confronting Kylo for the final time

Finn and Rose get lost in a black hole and end up on the USS Discovery *

Poe learns how to lead and puts together a mighty solid plan to blow up Kylo's new super doomsday weapon just before it destroys the rest of the rebellion and the new republic

Luke tells Rey she's a wizard, Rey

Yoda lightning's Luke right in the ass

Rey laughs

Chewie laughs

The porgs laugh

Chewie eats another porg

Rey constructs a new lightsaber so her skills are now complete.  indeed she is powerful, like, uh, someone somewhere predicted

Rey uses her new double sided blue lightsaber to whack the f*** out of the Knights of Ren

Kylo pisses his pants and summons grandfather

Grandfather tells Kylo to stop being a p***y and get your s*** together, dumbass

Rey and Kylo battle royal on the new super doomsday weapon and Rey escapes after defeating Kylo in a single blow (iaido rules) just before Poe blows the thing back to hell where it belongs

Porgs make Chewie part of their "gang" and they run around the galaxy terrorizing republic citizens everywhere

* Warning: that is wild speculation right there.  It's most likely that Finn has a final battle with Phasma (aka bucket-head) where we learn she is in fact BobaFett's daughter.  OOPS, surprise spoiler right there

• johnlgalt, sparky697 and LDubs like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#64 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:39 PM

P.S. Hopefully in 2 years we can see how hilariously accurate some of that will be.  LOL

• johnlgalt, sparky697 and LDubs like this

#65 SnydersWeb

SnydersWeb

Part Time Mountain Sage, Part Time Village Idiot

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 5

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:17 PM

Just saw it... Most of thoughts have been pretty well covered.

Will have to see how Carrie Fisher's untimely death is handled.

Things seem like a bit of a hot mess right now but there is plenty to work with when it comes to getting a resolution.

Not sure if Ben will be redeemed in the end or not, he's a mess.

• johnlgalt likes this
"Faith and reason are the shoes on your feet! You can travel further with both than you can with just one."
- J. Michael Straczynski

#66 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:53 PM

Yea, I think they went with the shock value in killing off Snoke quickly rather than develop him into a new Palpatine type villain.  He seemed menacing enough, however, he was NOT a sith.  In the end this story will come down to Kylo and Rey.  Some of the dialog between Luke and Leia pretty much tells you what's going to happen next.  Luke flat out said he's beyond redemption and that he wasn't "there" (haha) to save him.  Leia understood that.  Obviously Abrams will try to make the story interesting but there's not a lot of room left to play with.  Main episode IX points:

Leia has to die either in the very beginning or in the time between VIII and IX

Kylo will have some new super doomsday weapon to threaten the rest of the rebellion and the new republic with

We will probably get to finally see the remaining Knights of Ren and they will be a barrier to Rey confronting Kylo for the final time

Finn and Rose get lost in a black hole and end up on the USS Discovery *

Poe learns how to lead and puts together a mighty solid plan to blow up Kylo's new super doomsday weapon just before it destroys the rest of the rebellion and the new republic

Luke tells Rey she's a wizard, Rey  OK, enough of the harry Potter crossover shenanigans, already...

Yoda lightning's Luke right in the rear end  While laughing maniacally, as only Yoda can do...

Rey laughs

Chewie laughs  Wait, is this the

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

type wheezy snicker that he does, or the brash, out loud, bark-at-the-moon type laugh he does?

The porgs laugh

Chewie eats another porg  This will happen - maybe not Chewie, but something, somewhere, will eat a porg

Rey constructs a new lightsaber so her skills are now complete.  indeed she is powerful, like, uh, someone somewhere predicted  Uh, I predict that it will not be blue, but rather pink.

Rey uses her new double sided blue lightsaber to whack the f*** out of the Knights of Ren  Pink

Kylo pisses his pants and summons grandfather

Grandfather tells Kylo to stop being a p***y and get your s*** together, dumbass  Uh, grandfather on the Solo side?  because Anakin shows up at the end of RotJ after having renounced the Dark Side, didn't he?

Rey and Kylo battle royal on the new super doomsday weapon and Rey escapes after defeating Kylo in a single blow (iaido rules) just before Poe blows the thing back to hell where it belongs 

Porgs make Chewie part of their "gang" and they run around the galaxy terrorizing republic citizens everywhere  If I see a Porg with a friggin' bandana a la Gizmo, I'm done.

* Warning: that is wild speculation right there.  It's most likely that Finn has a final battle with Phasma (aka bucket-head) where we learn she is in fact BobaFett's daughter.  OOPS, surprise spoiler right there  Who happens to be his ... mom?

Comments above in red

Just saw it... Most of thoughts have been pretty well covered.

Will have to see how Carrie Fisher's untimely death is handled.

Things seem like a bit of a hot mess right now but there is plenty to work with when it comes to getting a resolution.

Not sure if Ben will be redeemed in the end or not, he's a mess.

And plenty of work to be done in order to come to a resolution....

#67 SnydersWeb

SnydersWeb

Part Time Mountain Sage, Part Time Village Idiot

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 5

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:15 PM

One thing that stuck me...

The movie promo stuff that appeared around my local Target had her holding a light saber that was definitely not Anakin's. This one was more rounded at the blade opening. Thought for certain we'd see it in the movie but nope.

Makes me wonder what all of part 3 is done since we never saw that blade in part 2.

• johnlgalt and LDubs like this
"Faith and reason are the shoes on your feet! You can travel further with both than you can with just one."
- J. Michael Straczynski

#68 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:23 PM

Lmao I'll respond to your red comments tomorrow lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• johnlgalt likes this

#69 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

From Taimen, with Tapatalk.

• sparky697, SnydersWeb and LDubs like this

#70 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:41 AM

ROFLMAO.  Impressive.....most impressive.  lol

• johnlgalt likes this

#71 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:55 PM

Well, damn, they were right.  Rogue One.  When Jyn is reading through all the stuff in the central computer, the first one she mentions is "hyperspace tracking".  Nice tie-in to Last Jedi.  Also, code name "black saber" is a reference to the mandelorian black lightsaber shown in Clone Wars and Rebels.

• johnlgalt likes this

#72 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:07 PM

Oh yea, and.....

Pink dual blade lightsaber, eh?  It's funny you would mention this because of the significance of how it would have to be constructed.  First, you'd need a red kyber crystal.  No problem there, most Sith made their synthetically.  We know there's at least part of one on Ach'to.  Then you'd need a white kyber crystal.  That's right, white.  You know, like the one Jyn was given by her mother.  The significance of a white kyber cyrstal is that it has to be purified.  There's currently only one recorded case of this being done.  By Ahsoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker's apprentice.  Ahsoka left the Jedi order and used purified white kyber in her lightsabers after that.  So, if Rey were to use a pink dual bladed lightsaber, she'd need a red kyber crystal and a purified white kyber crystal.  Indeed, she would not be a Jedi.  LOL

Bet you didn't think you'd stir that up did you?  LOL

• johnlgalt and LDubs like this

#73 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:08 AM

Having played Kotor and SW:TOR extensively, I already knew what it took to make a pink color combination.  Hence my mentioning of it - and the significance of the color choice was not lost upon me at all.  Neither is the fact that my color choice takes the story in a completely unpredictable direction.

Glad you actually took the time to research it / already knew it as well.  There's so many backstory elements that a lot of the general public don't know about at all.

I mean, think about it - if everyone expects Rey to be a Jedi, then the title of this movie, The Last Jedi makes absolutely no sense.

#74 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:10 AM

And remember, this is as fanciful as a lot of the 'plot lines' you mentioned in that post that I responded to....

(Just had to put that in there in case anyone thinks I am hell bent on believing this will come true)

#75 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:23 AM

This is where I differ however. I absolutely do believe that at her core Rey will become a Jedi. Just not a traditional one. More like qui gon than Yoda. And I think Yoda has come to realize the failings of the Jedi as Luke has. Rey wasn't trained like a traditional Jedi. She was taught about the Force but the traditions of the Jedi not so much. This will allow her to shape the new generation how she sees fit. Her empathy and compassion will be the guiding uh force. Not traditional bs. In the end I think that'll be positive.

And yes I do know quite a bit of the backstory as well. Most of it no longer cannon. Nonetheless it helps define certain things. The new lightsaber she creates will be interesting. But personally I'd like to see kylo construct a new one. His kyber crystal is synthetic and unstable. It would be very controversial to go down the following path but very interesting. What if kylo has Luke's green lightsaber? And what if he took the kyber crystal from it and turned it to the dark side like Vader did to his? For those that aren't well versed in kyber crystal lore kyber crystals are naturally bound to the Force. They choose the wielder with a "song". Think force awakens where Rey heard the lightsaber. Kyber resists the dark side. But someone strong in the dark side can over power the crystal causing it to "bleed" turning it red. That is what Vader did to create his iconic lightsaber. And would be interesting to see kylo do the same.

• johnlgalt likes this

#76 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:24 AM

And remember, this is as fanciful as a lot of the 'plot lines' you mentioned in that post that I responded to....

(Just had to put that in there in case anyone thinks I am hell bent on believing this will come true)

Fair enough but it's not impossible...

• johnlgalt likes this

#77 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:34 AM

This is where I differ however. I absolutely do believe that at her core Rey will become a Jedi. Just not a traditional one. More like qui gon than Yoda. And I think Yoda has come to realize the failings of the Jedi as Luke has. Rey wasn't trained like a traditional Jedi. She was taught about the Force but the traditions of the Jedi not so much. This will allow her to shape the new generation how she sees fit. Her empathy and compassion will be the guiding uh force. Not traditional bs. In the end I think that'll be positive.

And yes I do know quite a bit of the backstory as well. Most of it no longer cannon. Nonetheless it helps define certain things. The new lightsaber she creates will be interesting. But personally I'd like to see kylo construct a new one. His kyber crystal is synthetic and unstable. It would be very controversial to go down the following path but very interesting. What if kylo has Luke's green lightsaber? And what if he took the kyber crystal from it and turned it to the dark side like Vader did to his? For those that aren't well versed in kyber crystal lore kyber crystals are naturally bound to the Force. They choose the wielder with a "song". Think force awakens where Rey heard the lightsaber. Kyber resists the dark side. But someone strong in the dark side can over power the crystal causing it to "bleed" turning it red. That is what Vader did to create his iconic lightsaber. And would be interesting to see kylo do the same.

But, see, here is the thing - if she is not a traditional Jedi, can one truly call her a Jedi in the first place?  After all, being a Jedi is about more than just wielding the force and a light saber - which, thus far, is about all she has going for her.  What if, instead of a Jedi, she is a Force Warrior or some other such nonsense?

As for Kylo Ren, if would be fantastic if he were to do so - because it would cement the idea that he really is a, uh, force, uh, to be reckoned with, especially with his mastery of the Dark Side, which he would have to have in order to pervert his (or any other) Kyber crystal, correct?  And that would make for a fantastic storyline in and of itself for the next movie....

#78 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:36 AM

But, see, here is the thing - if she is not a traditional Jedi, can one truly call her a Jedi in the first place?  After all, being a Jedi is about more than just wielding the force and a light saber - which, thus far, is about all she has going for her.  What if, instead of a Jedi, she is a Force Warrior or some other such nonsense?

As for Kylo Ren, if would be fantastic if he were to do so - because it would cement the idea that he really is a, uh, force, uh, to be reckoned with, especially with his mastery of the Dark Side, which he would have to have in order to pervert his (or any other) Kyber crystal, correct?  And that would make for a fantastic storyline in and of itself for the next movie....

I was actually thinking more along the lines of the now non-cannon grey Jedi.  Which given her prevalence to head straight to the dark side would give credence to the idea.

Exactly.  Just like the construction of a lightsaber for a Jedi is considered the "skills complete" phase, the same could be said of becoming a Sith.  Corrupting a kyber crystal is extremely intensive and requires absolute mastery of the dark side to enslave it to their will.  That would be awesome to include that in the story, but, at this point he's kept that lightsaber through 2 movies now so it's not extremely likely to happen.  Still, it would be very nice to see.

• johnlgalt likes this

#79 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:48 AM

Ahhh, yes, grey-Jedi.  That is something to consider.

And I really think he is gonna lose that very Knights Templar looking saber in the third and be forced to make another.

OK, I hope.  But still.

#80 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:15 AM

Ahhh, yes, grey-Jedi.  That is something to consider.

And I really think he is gonna lose that very Knights Templar looking saber in the third and be forced to make another.

OK, I hope.  But still.

Yea, at least some variation on the theme of the gray Jedi anyway.  Bendu sort of already showed us that path.  It'd be a shame to ignore it now.

Actually, thinking about how IX is likely to go, we're probably going to show quite a bit of a time jump so that we can deal with some issues like Leia, the rebellion being somewhat back together, etc.  Given that, it's entirely plausible that Kylo could lose his lightsaber in that time.  Here's hoping.

Also, I've been reading quite a bit of backstory lately.  There is a very plausible theory that Snoke is not dead.  That he used his powers of manipulation to make them both think he died.  Beyond that, there's another interesting tidbit that's not talked about....Snoke had an apprentice before Kylo.  We've no idea where that apprentice is or who.  I have a theory though, and you won't like it one f***ing bit.  What if DJ is Snoke's apprentice?  We still don't know what DJ stands for.  Could it be Dark Jedi?  :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Spoilers, Last Jedi, Star Wars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users