Photo

What's The Hype With Unlocked Bootloader Anyway?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:50 AM

IMHO, I really dont see what all the hype is about an unlocked bootloader. Is it the age old adage of, if there's something I'm not suppose to do, I want to do it even more? :angry: Or do we really need it? I say this because I was on the Droid X2 and toward the end there, there was some really good dev'n for it. Such as the scripts by overmind over at XDA that made my Machine run oh so smooth. And the Liberty Roms by

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and Eclipse Roms by

just to name few, that made my Machine oh so pretty, uh wait, that's a term

would use, I mean awesome...lol. And now on my RaZr, the work being done here, which is oh so awesomely awesome!

I guess my point is, 90% of the Android owners, probably don't even know or even care to understand the benefits of an unlocked bootloader vs none unlocked bootloaders. I think as long as my Machine is aesthetically awesome and fast and stable, lets just keep moving on with simply changing the way our Machines look! Just saying, and I may and am probably incorrect about the matter!

Thanks

• timpohladthomas likes this
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#2 Guest_Jolly_*

Guest_Jolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:19 AM

The main thing is you can completely overwrite the stock recovery with a Custom Recovery this makes the device impossible to soft brick if you know what you're are doing. It's also easier to build source built Roms with an Unlocked Bootloader And last but not least with an Unlocked Bootloader you can flash custom kernels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users