• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rduckwor

rduckwor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

Well, my bionic is spontaneously rebooting itself every couple of days.

Just started out of the blue. Several months after the ICS update. Nothing strange about it, no new software, nothing changed, just a new "feature" to contend with now.

Anyone seen this?

Thanks,

RMD

#2 B.E.McAllister

B.E.McAllister

Paint by Number Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUT, PA
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

I haven't had this issue, of course I fxz my Bionic about every other month. If your not rooted I would try going into stock recovery and deleting cache and davlic, not data of course, unless you want a clean start. Doing this should clean out all the old files and possibly give your Bionic new life.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#3 Guest_HOFFA_*

Guest_HOFFA_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

Well, my bionic is spontaneously rebooting itself every couple of days.

Just started out of the blue. Several months after the ICS update. Nothing strange about it, no new software, nothing changed, just a new "feature" to contend with now.

Anyone seen this?

Thanks,

RMD

Lol. You Have A Hiccup.. Factory Restore.. Just make sure u back ur use less crapp up.
  • nakedtime likes this

#4 King Howie

King Howie

Minister of Jackbooted Thugs

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 GPE, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

While at a meeting, the phone belonging to a friend of mine spontaneously rebooted. He said it has been doing it for a few weeks. I suggested using a different battery. He was using a non - OEM extended battery. He put the original in, and hasn't had it reoccur

#5 rduckwor

rduckwor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:01 AM

Interesting. I have cleared the cache in the past without effect. I am also using a stock moto extended battery. I will switch over to my other extended battery to see if that impacts the issue.

FDR may well be in the future. No big deal if so.

Thanks,

RMD

#6 csantarcangelo

csantarcangelo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

I had the same problem when I was running the AT&T Voicemail app (for my landline). I removed the app and the random reboots stopped. Same thing happened to a friend of mine on a SGN. Damn you AT&T!
Just having fun with Android!

#7 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

That's the tricky part - so many different factors that can cause this one problem. It could be hardware, or it could be software. In terms of hardware, i could be a bad sensor, bad battery, bad radio, etc., or physical damage to the motherboard (or part of it, or one of the components themselves). In terms of software, it could be a bad app, bad kernel module, bad cache, bad data, etc.

So many different things to check that sometimes it is almost impossible to determine what can be causing it.

Best bet - go to pure stock with hardware (use original OEM Motorola charger and OEM Motorola stock battery) and if that does not fix it then you need to look at a possible FDR (and if you have never performed a FDR after accepting ICS, you really need to anyway). After the FDR, you need to keep all the other parts stock as well - battery, charger, etc.

If it still does not fix the issue, then you need to start looking at the actual hardware in the phone.

One other thing comes to mind - Exchange users need to check their settings to allow phone control by the Server. Also, check and see if any other apps have been granted admin access (or supposed to be allowed admin access and are not).
  • nakedtime likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users