• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 patchm00

patchm00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

SAFESTRAP 1.09 for CDMA RAZR (XT912) (2nd-System Bootstrap / Recovery)

[ After installation boot into recovery and make a FULL backup while in Non-Safe mode to have a full 1st and 2nd system backup for disaster recovery. ]

So, previous backups (with 1.08 safestrap) can still restore correct?

Also, one thing I am confused on is when it asks me if I want to include webtop in the backup and I say no (since I do not use it). I am assuming I can still restore from that correct? The reason I ask, is i tried to restore Eclips 1.2 from a backup (without webtop) and kept getting black screen. Then I restored and said yes to restore webtop (even though I did not back it up) and after some errors it finished and it then booted fine :P

#22 cbraud

cbraud

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

I keep getting a force close whenever i try to open :(

#23 drumtrucker

drumtrucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

So, previous backups (with 1.08 safestrap) can still restore correct?

Also, one thing I am confused on is when it asks me if I want to include webtop in the backup and I say no (since I do not use it). I am assuming I can still restore from that correct? The reason I ask, is i tried to restore Eclips 1.2 from a backup (without webtop) and kept getting black screen. Then I restored and said yes to restore webtop (even though I did not back it up) and after some errors it finished and it then booted fine :P

I also want to know webtop or not. Saw somewhere that you should not restore a webtop backup.

I don't use or plan to use (at this point anyway)
Steve B

#24 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts
  • Twitter:Hashcode0f

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

With 1.09 it is safe to backup and restore webtop. The option is given because backing up webtop creates a HUGE file on the SD (700mb?).

Oddly, you don't need to include webtop in your backups. So I'm not sure why patchm00 was having issues with his restore.

#25 drumtrucker

drumtrucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

so really no need to backup webtop, good to know.
phone rooted and safestrap installed, now to decide what rom to try... hmm.
Steve B

#26 drumtrucker

drumtrucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

crap, flashed eclipse and think i am in boot loop.. was I supposed to wipe? safe mode had not been used before.
Steve B

#27 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

crap, flashed eclipse and think i am in boot loop.. was I supposed to wipe? safe mode had not been used before.

Still need to wipe when flashing.. It's just like any other recovery.

#28 honeydesean

honeydesean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

How do I switch between Safestrap and Bootstrap? I'm hoping there's a way other than flashing everything back to stock.
RAZR Maxx - Two steps forward (Maxx>>>Droid1) and one step back (My bootloader! What have they done to you!?!)

#29 patchm00

patchm00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:11 AM

With 1.09 it is safe to backup and restore webtop. The option is given because backing up webtop creates a HUGE file on the SD (700mb?).

Oddly, you don't need to include webtop in your backups. So I'm not sure why patchm00 was having issues with his restore.

Just did it again (restored Eclipse 1.3 w/no webtop) and got the black screen sitting. Shut down, re-restored, again no webtop and it worked fine. Dunno, either something weird with my sd card or my timing is not very good :)

#30 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

Just installed the apk and when opening it states Old Version installed and Safe System active. I just hit install recovery and it worked flawlessly! (I was on 1.08 w/ Axiom AB4 running)
Posted Image

#31 blaten22

blaten22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

I have 1.07 installed using eclipse 1.3. If I want to update to the newest safestrap what is the proper way of doing it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#32 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

I have 1.07 installed using eclipse 1.3. If I want to update to the newest safestrap what is the proper way of doing it?

Just download the new version and install it. (It'll overwrite the old one) and then use "Install Recovery" button inside.

BEWARE: of restoring apps from TiBu where it has an older version backed up. It'll look like you need to update the recovery.. but it'll go backwards.

#33 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:57 AM

Link to download is not working. Its saying page not found.

#34 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

Did some searching and found the new site. Might want to update the link in the OP. Thanks for your work on this.

#35 DarkestSpawn

DarkestSpawn

Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:11 AM

Did some searching and found the new site. Might want to update the link in the OP. Thanks for your work on this.

I went ahead and fixed the links.
-Beta Mod-
-Grand Master of the Testing-

Posted Image

#36 fadeds

fadeds

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

Hope someone can help here. I'm rooted and installed safestrap. Problem is, in the safestrap app it says recovery "not installed." I have the safestrap boot menu,works fine. I made a backup, and that gave me no problems. Then I flashed a rom in safemode and it went fine. But before reboot I disabled safemode then reboot. I read somewhere that that was how it was done, I'm guessing that is wrong. Can i just turn safe mode on and the rom will be there, or should I flash again.

#37 bryan77

bryan77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

Recovery would not be there unless you installed it. How did you install it initially? You may have a newer or older app than the recovery you are booting into. Boot into the non safe (stock) rom and make sure you have the latest version of safestrap installed which is 1.09 and click install recovery. And as far as returning to safe mode before rooting. That should be totally safe as they are both treated as separate partitions. The rom you installed should still be there in safe mode.

#38 fadeds

fadeds

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

Recovery would not be there unless you installed it. How did you install it initially? You may have a newer or older app than the recovery you are booting into. Boot into the non safe (stock) rom and make sure you have the latest version of safestrap installed which is 1.09 and click install recovery. And as far as returning to safe mode before rooting. That should be totally safe as they are both treated as separate partitions. The rom you installed should still be there in safe mode.

I installed safestrap with the razr utility right after I rooted. Everything seems to work, the safestra boot menu pops up and I can go right into safestrap. It just says not installed in the app and I didnt know if that's normal. I do have version 1.09. Thanks for the help.

#39 carlowahlstedt

carlowahlstedt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

I keep getting a force close whenever i try to open :(

I'm having the same issue. I double checked that I installed it from the SD Card just to be safe. I also cleared the cache several times but it still force closes. I uninstalled/reinstalled and even downloaded the apk again in case it was a corrupt download. Any other suggestions?

Update: I also verified that I have an XT912.

#40 joshuahist

joshuahist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:joshuahist
  • Google+:joshuahist
  • LocationPhiladelphia Pa

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

Question. If I go back from the Safe side (the custom ROM) to the non-safe side (Stock ROM) what happens to the custom ROM?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery, bootstrap

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users