Photo

DROID RAZR Utility 1.90 -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
221 replies to this topic

#61 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

OK fresh clean install of ICS done.

I am about to move files from 1.9 to external card of phone. Do I leave them zipped or extract them to the External SD card?

Since your in the chatroom with us, I will answer for any others.....leave them zipped and move them to external sdcard.

#62 jrazrz

jrazrz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr cdma xt912

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

I am already on the leak but have accidentally deleted some stock apps! Does anyone know if I can use option 1to get a clean stock version of the leak to get to the new jb? Thanks!

#63 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

I am already on the leak but have accidentally deleted some stock apps! Does anyone know if I can use option 1to get a clean stock version of the leak to get to the new jb? Thanks!

Yes. Use Option 1 then in Recovery flash the ICS_to_Leak file

#64 jrazrz

jrazrz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

Yes. Use Option 1 then in Recovery flash the ICS_to_Leak file

Sweet man!thanks for the quick reply!:)

#65 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

Sweet man!thanks for the quick reply! :)

NP, if you get stuck hop into the chatroom

#66 jrazrz

jrazrz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

Will option 1 wipe my internal SD card?

#67 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

Will option 1 wipe my internal SD card?

No it should not. but a backup is always advised anyway

#68 wagman67

wagman67

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

Okay, so I thought i followed all steps properly, but I cannot obtain root after the .16 update (the one area I goofed might be the steps with voodoo, but I thought I followed them all correctly)

Suggestions? Can I repeat the entire process (correctly) without any issues, or should that be avoided?

BTW, is there a good link to the steps to use sqlite to restore wifi tethering...found some older posts, just wondering if there is anything newer than Nov 2012.

Thanks

#69 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

Okay, so I thought i followed all steps properly, but I cannot obtain root after the .16 update (the one area I goofed might be the steps with voodoo, but I thought I followed them all correctly)

Suggestions? Can I repeat the entire process (correctly) without any issues, or should that be avoided?

BTW, is there a good link to the steps to use sqlite to restore wifi tethering...found some older posts, just wondering if there is anything newer than Nov 2012.

Thanks

Easier to follow the instructions and get root before taking the .16 update, but Razr Blade will still work. My guess is your smartactions were updated. Yes, you can use 1.90 and Option 1 to get back to the xmas eve leak, then root and protect and then apply the Soak file.

Join in the chatroom if your stuck

#70 Vicious1

Vicious1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):RazrMaxx

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

I actually didn't root until after I was on .28, never got the xmas leak. Razr blade still worked to root.

Also, as an aside, anyone looking to do the entitlement check hack,its been moved to #66.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

#71 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

I actually didn't root until after I was on .28, never got the xmas leak. Razr blade still worked to root.

Also, as an aside, anyone looking to do the entitlement check hack,its been moved to #66.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Yes Razr Blade still works, just a little easier to do it prior. The entitlement check will be in different lines depending on phone, usually between lines 60 and 75 or so...

#72 wagman67

wagman67

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Do I need to leave battery saver on in smart actions? I turned it off once I got to the final JB release.

#73 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

Do I need to leave battery saver on in smart actions? I turned it off once I got to the final JB release.

In theory if you have root, you dont need smartactions at all. However, if something goes wrong, that is our way to gain root back in JB

#74 wagman67

wagman67

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

Okay, I re-ran Razr blade and BAM!..Root!

Thanks

#75 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota
  • Current Device(s):droid razr

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

Would somebody be willing to make a flashable zip of the stock rom as I am already bootlooping on it and did not make a back up, lol, I, um ya!! Or I can wait till they actually send me the update. Tyty.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#76 DanM

DanM

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

So I screwed after I updated from the soak I tried applying a battery % icon mod and it sent me into a black hole. Thank you for rescuing me. Steps one through 3 went so smoothly that after I had root and voodoo and a screen to see them on, I got excited and set up all my apps and screens(nothing fancy, just moving stuff around on stock wallpaper). Then I happened to notice that my kernel was dated December and the latest soak update pics have a February kernel. Whoops. Forgot to do the final Leak to JB.

So I unrooted and tried it with both stock recovery and BMM, wiped cache and repeated and wiped and repeated, but it keeps aborting with the message assert(apply_patch_check("/system/bin/battd"

Any suggestions?

#77 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

So I screwed after I updated from the soak I tried applying a battery % icon mod and it sent me into a black hole. Thank you for rescuing me. Steps one through 3 went so smoothly that after I had root and voodoo and a screen to see them on, I got excited and set up all my apps and screens(nothing fancy, just moving stuff around on stock wallpaper). Then I happened to notice that my kernel was dated December and the latest soak update pics have a February kernel. Whoops. Forgot to do the final Leak to JB.

So I unrooted and tried it with both stock recovery and BMM, wiped cache and repeated and wiped and repeated, but it keeps aborting with the message assert(apply_patch_check("/system/bin/battd"

Any suggestions?

Start at the beginning :) and dont apply the battery junk till after the soak update

#78 SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Twitter:SnoDrtRider
  • Google+:SnoDrtRider
  • LocationSouth Jersey or Tug Hill, NY
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx, Motorola Xoom Wi Fi

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

Has anyone had data connection issues since the update? I came from the Christmas leak which worked flawlessly from day one and updated to the final release using 1.90 instructions. Worked fine the past two days but today I had a data connection issue for a couple hours. I tried cycling Airplane mode a few times and rebooted a few times and it wouldn't come back. I called a buddy and asked if he had data and he did. After an hour or so data returned. I always had the 3G or 4G icons but they would not go blue they stayed white.

#79 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

Has anyone had data connection issues since the update? I came from the Christmas leak which worked flawlessly from day one and updated to the final release using 1.90 instructions. Worked fine the past two days but today I had a data connection issue for a couple hours. I tried cycling Airplane mode a few times and rebooted a few times and it wouldn't come back. I called a buddy and asked if he had data and he did. After an hour or so data returned. I always had the 3G or 4G icons but they would not go blue they stayed white.

Verizon has been having issues....see if it goes away over the next day or so.
  • SnoDrtRider likes this

#80 SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Twitter:SnoDrtRider
  • Google+:SnoDrtRider
  • LocationSouth Jersey or Tug Hill, NY
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx, Motorola Xoom Wi Fi

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

Verizon has been having issues....see if it goes away over the next day or so.

Thanks... That is the first thing I though and why I called my buddy to check but he was miles away and on another tower for sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users