Photo

DROID RAZR Utility 1.90 -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
221 replies to this topic

#81 imhowie

imhowie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

I was on the X-Mas leak, and I tried to install the Leak_to_JB file as instructed, but it was failing, so I decided to try starting at step 1. I still get failures whenever I try to install the file and now my phone is wiped. Is there anything I can do here?

#82 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

I was on the X-Mas leak, and I tried to install the Leak_to_JB file as instructed, but it was failing, so I decided to try starting at step 1. I still get failures whenever I try to install the file and now my phone is wiped. Is there anything I can do here?

yes keep trying :) Jump into the chatroom, and we will tell you to keep trying....seriously tho, chatroom

#83 Pegasus

Pegasus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

i hope this will bring my phone back to this world..

#84 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

i hope this will bring my phone back to this world..

not sure what you did, but it could/should :) Jump into chatroom if you want some help

Indonesia huh?? may not be able to help....
  • chuckychuck83 likes this

#85 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota
  • Current Device(s):droid razr

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

Hello!! Anyone reading this who was successful w/ utility 1.90 (I was:)) would u please make a flashable .zip of stock ROMs framework-res.apk as I messed mine up (was modding) and just boot loop now in stock slot!! I figure if I can flash a the good framework back in I would be good to go instead of the alternative.. Or even a flashable .zip of the whole ROM?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#86 wartickler

wartickler

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Location32309
  • Current Device(s):Razr XT912

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

I messed something up along the way. I'm at the Recovery-flash-ICS-to-Leak step and I have:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I assume this means there is a check for whether my build.prop file in /system has a line in it called ro.build.fingerprint with a value set to either of those two string values. And mine doesn't somehow...? I'm afraid that installing one of the AOKP JB builds probably has that set to something else. Problem is that I can't get into my system to fix this anymore because, since I've used 1.90, when I boot up it gives me some crap about "Encryption unsuccessful..." even though I never set encryption on at all. Looking for some direction here. Possibly with some way to set my system build.prop from recovery? Maybe ADB? I'm gimping along on Ubuntu on the equivalent of a netbook and am wishing I had a Windows box simply because I know better what I'm doing over there and am very comfortable with ADB and fastboot there...

Matt?

#87 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

I messed something up along the way. I'm at the Recovery-flash-ICS-to-Leak step and I have:

I assume this means there is a check for whether my build.prop file in /system has a line in it called ro.build.fingerprint with a value set to either of those two string values. And mine doesn't somehow...? I'm afraid that installing one of the AOKP JB builds probably has that set to something else. Problem is that I can't get into my system to fix this anymore because, since I've used 1.90, when I boot up it gives me some crap about "Encryption unsuccessful..." even though I never set encryption on at all. Looking for some direction here. Possibly with some way to set my system build.prop from recovery? Maybe ADB? I'm gimping along on Ubuntu on the equivalent of a netbook and am wishing I had a Windows box simply because I know better what I'm doing over there and am very comfortable with ADB and fastboot there...

Matt?

Its late Im tired but see this thread...basically you are not on the right version possibly....

#88 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

I messed something up along the way. I'm at the Recovery-flash-ICS-to-Leak step. I'm gimping along on Ubuntu on the equivalent of a netbook and am wishing I had a Windows box simply because I know better what I'm doing over there and am very comfortable with ADB and fastboot there...

Matt?

You're not on 6.16.211

That's why you got this: assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop","ro.build.fingerprint")=="verizon/spyder_vzw/cdma_spyder:4.0.4/6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31/37:user/release-keys"|| file_getprop("/system/build.prop","ro.build.fingerprint")=="motorola/XT912_verizon/cdma_spyder:4.1.2/9.8.20-72_VZW-8/26:user/release_keys

Fastboot to .211 and you'll be good to go.

#89 uglycasanova84

uglycasanova84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Current Device(s):OG Razr

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:50 AM

Hey guys I was returning my phone to stock so i could install the new update. When it was all done and time to reboot in recovery and install the update my phone will not go in to recovery now. It shows the red "M" then goes black and stays that way. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as my phone is currently a paper weight. Thanks!

#90 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:19 AM

Are you thinking you should flash the update from safestrap? If so, that's not what you want to do. You need to install it from Android recovery. To get there, start your phone by pressing and holding both volume up and volume down plus the power button. When you see the menu, use the volume down button to move through the selections. Highlight recovery and then use volume up to select it. When you see the green android laying on his back press both volume up and volume down at the same time. Once in recovery use volume up and volume down to move through the menu, then use power to select.

#91 uglycasanova84

uglycasanova84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

No when I try to go to recovery ( push power and both volume) it gives me the red M and then a black screen.

#92 elmoslastlaugh

elmoslastlaugh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationKenova, West Virginia
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx Xt912

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:31 AM

Mine was doing the same thing, you just have to catch the moment before the red M appears. If you see it your to late.

#93 uglycasanova84

uglycasanova84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:39 AM

Awesome!!! that fixed it I was hitting all three to early (noob moment) Thanks for the help!!!
  • elmoslastlaugh likes this

#94 NiPaMo

NiPaMo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter:NiPaMo
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr MAXX

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

I used option 1 and now my phone won't even boot. I tried to install the ICS to leak and it says assert failed: apply_patch_space(15008849)
Android fan since 12/9/10

#95 elmoslastlaugh

elmoslastlaugh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:37 AM

I think you needed to wipe your cache before installing.
  • hectorlumbago and Papa T like this

#96 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

I too had issues trying to install ICS to JB Leek in recovery. What I would suggest to anyone is when you enter "recovery" after you are told to in Matt's Utility 1.90, #1, wipe cache partition and then install ICS to JB Leak zip file on your sd card.
  • hectorlumbago likes this

#97 NiPaMo

NiPaMo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:47 AM

Wiping the cache worked. I'm not getting the error message anymore. Now I just need to wait for the install.
  • hectorlumbago likes this

#98 NiPaMo

NiPaMo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

Update was a success :D
  • deejay1111 and hectorlumbago like this

#99 elmoslastlaugh

elmoslastlaugh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

Awesome, glad it worked for ya!!

#100 hectorlumbago

hectorlumbago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:hectorlumbago
  • Google+:hectorlumbago

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

I too had issues trying to install ICS to JB Leek in recovery. What I would suggest to anyone is when you enter "recovery" after you are told to in Matt's Utility 1.90, #1, wipe cache partition and then install ICS to JB Leak zip file on your sd card.

I think you needed to wipe your cache before installing.

Wiping the cache worked. I'm not getting the error message anymore. Now I just need to wait for the install.

I agree, worked for me also after error. Up and running :)
Matt had this in #18&22 I believe.

Edited by hectorlumbago, 11 March 2013 - 06:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users