Photo

DROID RAZR Utility 1.90 -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
221 replies to this topic

#101 Arak-Nafein

Arak-Nafein

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

The Utility wont run. The screen will come up with the logo in yellow text. But when I "hit any key to continue" the command prompt just closes.

\WindowsUtility.bat""') was unexpected at this time.

Is what flashes up right before it closes.

#102 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

The Utility wont run. The screen will come up with the logo in yellow text. But when I "hit any key to continue" the command prompt just closes.

WindowsUtility.bat""') was unexpected at this time.

Is what flashes up right before it closes.

Try another computer, or boot into Linux with a LiveCD or LiveUSB.

This happens for no real reason on some windows machines.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#103 Arak-Nafein

Arak-Nafein

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

Try another computer, or boot into Linux with a LiveCD or LiveUSB.

This happens for no real reason on some windows machines.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sucks for me. I don't have another computer nor do I have a CD burner.It took forever to download the 1 gig file on my crappy connection

Thanks for all your work. The cards just aren't in my favor right now.

#104 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

If you haven't already done so, try running it as administrator (right click on the file and choose "run as administrator").

#105 dmlsthe1

dmlsthe1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Sucks for me. I don't have another computer nor do I have a CD burner.It took forever to download the 1 gig file on my crappy connection

Thanks for all your work. The cards just aren't in my favor right now.

Not even a spare flash drive? I remember having that problem and even though I was using 1.82 at the time, I fixed it following the 1.7 troubleshoot guide. Adding some code in the properties is what fixed it. Something that started like ;c,

#106 Arak-Nafein

Arak-Nafein

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

I got ahold of a friend and am using his laptop. :D

#107 dmlsthe1

dmlsthe1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

I got ahold of a friend and am using his laptop. :D

Ok cool but if you want to fix it do you don't need to use your friends laptop than look into 1.7 utility troubleshoot guide

#108 spacemonkey

spacemonkey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

Hello, i need help. I was on JB and chosen Number 1. Everything was fine. After all finished i tried to install Leak_to_JB and it aborted. Now phone show red logo and off. What can i do?

#109 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

Hello, i need help. I was on JB and chosen Number 1. Everything was fine. After all finished i tried to install Leak_to_JB and it aborted. Now phone show red logo and off. What can i do?

well, a bunch of stuff, but would suggest coming into chatroom....

Process is: Option 1 Flash while in fastboot, then reboot phone into Recovery and apply the ICS_to_Leak file, then root and protect if not already, and then back to Recovery to apply the Leak_to_JB file

My guess is the update is failing because your not stock, but can tell since not enough info.

#110 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota
  • Current Device(s):droid razr

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

anyone know why i cant copy url at droidrzr 1.90 would help them!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#111 lex347b

lex347b

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr (xt-912)

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

does this version of droid razr utility work if you are on the jellybean update officially released from verizon ota a day or 2 ago?

#112 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

does this version of droid razr utility work if you are on the jellybean update officially released from verizon ota a day or 2 ago?

Yep it should work. Just make sure you have the update on your sdcard for after you run the utility.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#113 Howardrimmer

Howardrimmer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:24 AM

Hi all i want to upgrade from JB leak to official JB but i get this error assert_check_patch failed(apply_patch_check("/system/app/AcousticWarning.apk", "8a0159aee41f1cf28ac0070b19d3bc8780fcb3a3", "f42cf746c97bb80401f4109f5a2503143af70d9b").....I don´t know what shoud i do...can you help me please ?

#114 deboyz1014

deboyz1014

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:27 AM

wipe everything in recovery and try again?

#115 wartickler

wartickler

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Location32309
  • Current Device(s):Razr XT912

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

I messed something up along the way. I'm at the Recovery-flash-ICS-to-Leak step and I have:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I assume this means there is a check for whether my build.prop file in /system has a line in it called ro.build.fingerprint with a value set to either of those two string values. And mine doesn't somehow...? I'm afraid that installing one of the AOKP JB builds probably has that set to something else. Problem is that I can't get into my system to fix this anymore because, since I've used 1.90, when I boot up it gives me some crap about "Encryption unsuccessful..." even though I never set encryption on at all. Looking for some direction here. Possibly with some way to set my system build.prop from recovery? Maybe ADB? I'm gimping along on Ubuntu on the equivalent of a netbook and am wishing I had a Windows box simply because I know better what I'm doing over there and am very comfortable with ADB and fastboot there...

Matt?

Well, I discovered a bunch of issues all at the same time.
  • Use SafeStrap, not BootStrap (or whatever the other one is called.) No more monkeying around on a phone with a locked bootloader. That's a habit I brought with me from my gNex.
  • Don't try to run this utility on an Ubuntu box with 1GB RAM. I'm not pointing fingers at Ubuntu/Linux/*nix/fanboi-nix. It's probably more to do with the fact I was running with 1GB RAM. I got on my Windows machine with 8GB RAM and it took just fine.
  • Teh fastboot Matt uses in the Windows version is different from the one with the Mac/Linux version. The Windows one is using Moto-fastboot instead of just fastboot. Again, not pointing fingers, just mentioning things I discovered.
I want to say a HEARTY thanks to Matt and his uber-sexy utility. My XT912 is back!

#116 wartickler

wartickler

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Location32309
  • Current Device(s):Razr XT912

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

Hi all i want to upgrade from JB leak to official JB but i get this error assert_check_patch failed(apply_patch_check("/system/app/AcousticWarning.apk", "8a0159aee41f1cf28ac0070b19d3bc8780fcb3a3", "f42cf746c97bb80401f4109f5a2503143af70d9b").....I don´t know what shoud i do...can you help me please ?

• Read the entire post before asking a question that's been answered.
  • Wipe cache.

#117 lex347b

lex347b

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr (xt-912)

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Didn't work at all, but then again I only rooted my phone once so far, my phone is acting up a bit now, will try factory reset and see if that works, its difficult to type this message as well, with almost full 4 g connection, there must have been something that I was missing, going to take a picture of the few errors that came up right after the smart actions phase did everything it said to do withh the app and pressed enter, then got about 3 or 4 error messages, , thank you for the quick response.

Edit, now phone works properly.

#118 riggsdaruler

riggsdaruler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Twitter:riggsdaruler
  • Google+:riggsdaruler
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

i tried flashing the file and no matter what i wipe... i keep getting installation aborted with a audio processor error message. i did have beats audio installed. im thinking thats the issue. has anyone else had this problem? any fixes?

#119 lilglass

lilglass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

I have gotten the leak to install but when i go into recovery to install the update i can not get the options to show up when i hit the volume buttons at the same time. Is this just a timing error? btw Matt great utility just like your others.

#120 dmlsthe1

dmlsthe1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

I have gotten the leak to install but when i go into recovery to install the update i can not get the options to show up when i hit the volume buttons at the same time. Is this just a timing error? btw Matt great utility just like your others.

I remember having that problem last time I needed to not into stock recovery. I think what helped was 1) trying multiple times and 2) mixing it up with pressing the volume buttons and power button together. Not saying that's the best method cuz I think I would accidentally select something. Such as reboot now

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users