[Tool] RAZR Debloat Tool for Jb 98.72.16 *Updated 3/9/2013)*

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

Hello everyone! This is a very basic utility and doesn't really do much right now except debloat the Razr JB build 98.72.16. There will be more features added to this utility within time (such as re-bloating for returning to stock and much much more) but for now it's just a basic debloater.

Why A Debloater?

Well first of all, this is my very first utility so I'm still new to this lol. Also, if you're like me, you love custom ROMs, but for some reason, you like modified stock ROMs even more. With this utility, you don't have to do the debloating. Just run the tool and you're all set! Posted Image If there is still some bloat, that you think I should add to this, please let me know so I can promptly add it to the tool.

Although the utility will list the apks it will delete before it does so. Here is a list of them:

AcousticWarning.apk
BackupAssistanceClient.apk
Books.apk
BuaContactAdapter.apk
CQATest.apk
GuidedTours.apk
HelpCenter.apk
Kindle.apk
MyVerizon.apk
PlusOne.apk
ProTips.apk
Quickoffice_sp.apk
SlackerRadio.apk
Tasks.apk
VSuiteApp.apk

This tool will also delete the .odex files as well.

So there you have it. Please don't comment saying stuff like "it's ugly," lol I've already said a couple times that it is a basic utility and will be enhanced further within time. This will continue to be a work-in-progress. Thank you though for taking the time to look at this and please click the "Thanks" button below Posted Image

Instructions:

Download zip
Extract anywhere
Read the "Instructions" file that comes with the zip.
Double click the "Debloat.bat" file
Follow the on-screen instructions.

Download Link:
TOOL BROKE

Edited by BigDaddyHicks, 13 April 2013 - 01:50 PM.

• cvhovey, jaysynn84, trikotret and 7 others like this

#2 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota
  • Current Device(s):droid razr

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

cool, nice..anyone actually use the file manager that comes wit rom? kinda useless.. holo spiral very much not used as well as the other wallpapers like the dots one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#3 The_Chupacabra

The_Chupacabra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLawton OK

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

Very nice Hicks, I tried this but before I did I edited the tool to not delete Quickoffice and saved it.

Then I tried it out and it said that device wasn't found and nothing was deleted. Is this supposed to be used on the stock rom slot and in stock recovery?

#4 jaysynn84

jaysynn84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

Great tool. I tried it out and after booting into recovery it couldn't find the device. I installed the drivers from the droid razr utility 1.90 if that matters.

#5 DemoManMLS

DemoManMLS

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Twitter:AngryManMLS
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Note 2

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

By "recovery" is it supposed to go into the Moto recovery or Safestrap recovery?

#6 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

Sorry everyone!!!! Not sure why it says to be in recovery....... you can't run adb commands while in recovery, really sorry about that! You need to just be booted normally, I'm editing the "instructions" note and the tool now to reflect that. Thank you every and sorry for the confusion!

#7 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

Fixed, new link posted in OP :)
  • jaysynn84 likes this

#8 jaysynn84

jaysynn84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

Sorry it's still not working. Running windows 7 64 bit it finds the device but fails when removing apks. I am using the standard superuser app if that matters

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#9 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

Sorry it's still not working. Running windows 7 64 bit it finds the device but fails when removing apks. I am using the standard superuser app if that matters

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Based on what I see you started the batch file from the wrong directory/folder. CD to the directory/folder where you extracted and re-run the batch file. Is not able to find the adb.exe

#10 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca
  • Current Device(s):Dr. Device

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

but for some reason, you like modified stock ROMs even more.

So you've got a stock .16 zip I can flash onto slot one and break?? ;)

Posted from DroidRazrMaxx using Tapatalk²

Posted Image

#11 jaysynn84

jaysynn84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:15 AM

Based on what I see you started the batch file from the wrong directory/folder. CD to the directory/folder where you extracted and re-run the batch file. Is not able to find the adb.exe

it finds adb fine. I double clicked the bat file from the directory and also tried going through cmd. Same problem. adb is not recognized if i hit run as an administrator.

#12 TweakedSystems

TweakedSystems

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

Well I would like to keep my Backup Assistant, and My Verizon. Is there a way to do this? Thanks
Posted Image

#13 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

So you've got a stock .16 zip I can flash onto slot one and break?? ;)

Posted from DroidRazrMaxx using Tapatalk²

Rage Rom 2.0 :)

#14 Langer6431

Langer6431

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

Will this completely stop backup Assistant Plus from running? Right now I have every thing with backup and verizon in its name frozen, but backup Assistant+Media keeps running. It drives me nuts, I hate all the Verizon bloatware.

#15 qweesy

qweesy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

adb rebooted my phone but it doesnt delete the bloat apps says FAILED read only file on all apps/odex files, all instructions were followed

#16 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

adb rebooted my phone but it doesnt delete the bloat apps says FAILED read only file on all apps/odex files, all instructions were followed

Are you rooted?

#17 bubblyhobo

bubblyhobo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

OK. I'm rooted and everything. but i keep getting a R/O File system error when it trys to "debloat" all the apps. Also, what do the onscreen instructions meen when it says mount -r -w -o options, because mount is a linux bash not a windows command.

#18 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

OK. I'm rooted and everything. but i keep getting a R/O File system error when it trys to "debloat" all the apps. Also, what do the onscreen instructions meen when it says mount -r -w -o options, because mount is a linux bash not a windows command.

Those mount commands can be done through adb using windows too. They're trying to mount your system as RW so it can delete the apps.

Eventually I'm going to rework this whole utility anyway.

#19 CCDROID

CCDROID

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Thank you DROID RAZR users in China _By bing translator

#20 tyman

tyman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

I'm getting the same errors as the above pic as well......"rm failed for....." :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users