#1 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

ok, since the official JB OTA is coming very soon, I wanted to go back to completely stock to get ready to update. I am currently using SS 2.11 Paragon AOKP on ICS kernel. So I went into SS recovery and toggled the safe system menu to go into my unsafe side which should be my stock rooted .211 rom. After I made a successful unsafe system switch I selected the reboot option and stayed stuck on the stock razr eye for about 8 min. Was I supposed to perfom any wipes before selecting the reboot option to flash my stock .211 rom? I figured that it would just boot up without me having to do anything else..
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#2 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Smasung Galaxy Note 2, ASUS TF700T

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Best bet here is to wipe cache and dalvik, then reboot it. Worse comes to worse, you may have to fastboot back to stock ICS 4.0.4. Lemme know if you need further assistance.

Posted Image

#3 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

I will try that..thing is since that wasn't booting up, I switched back to safe side, did all the necessary wipes and reflashed the rom I was running before I did anything, and now I see no Gmail nor any play market. When I select contacts, and it usually asks to sign in, it has no option to link to Google account. I don't get it, it worked great before. Worst case scenario, if I need to fastboot back, do I need to remove or uninstall SS or anything else, or do I just plug in the way the phone is and flash the fastboot files?

#4 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

Fastboot you can just let it rip, it overwrites all your system and boot information but the safestrap data can be left behind. Afterwards, youll need to go into your sccard or sdcard-ext and delete all the /safestrap/ folders. That way you're starting fresh and clean

Posted Image

#5 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

alright, I would hate to have to do that but unless this thing works, I might have to. I havn't done this in so long..I know that I press both up down volumes and power with the phone off. That's all that the DR utility says to do. Should the phone be plugged in already or do I go into AP fastboot mode and then plug in phone?

#6 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

alright, I would hate to have to do that but unless this thing works, I might have to. I havn't done this in so long..I know that I press both up down volumes and power with the phone off. That's all that the DR utility says to do. Should the phone be plugged in already or do I go into AP fastboot mode and then plug in phone?

Doesn't matter, if you plug it in before it will be ready to go, after it will just say "Connect USB".

Posted Image

#7 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

In my experience I have found it easier to get into fastboot then plug the phone in. It shouldn't matter but I had had a hard time getting into fastboot when plugged in.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#8 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

I appreciate you taking the time to helping me out, I'll try to wipe cache and dalvik on unsafe side first, if that doesn't work I guess I'm fastbooting. Just letting the phone charge up. I will post the results later when I'm done with whatever option worked in case someone else runs into this

#9 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

In my experience I have found it easier to get into fastboot then plug the phone in. It shouldn't matter but I had had a hard time getting into fastboot when plugged in.

will do , thanks

#10 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

Absolutely. That's what we're here for. Feel free to reach out if you have any additional problems sir!

Posted Image

#11 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

OK, so I loaded up another ROM and I did not have the issues that I had with the previous one, it seems it was the rom but who knows. I will be fastbooting probably tomorrow

#12 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Any ideas as to why my stock rom doesn't want to come back? I've wiped cache and dalvik and it just sits at the RAZR eye. What would happen if I wipe data too? Never had this problem before

#13 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

You're on .211 still, right?

Posted Image

#14 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

Yea

#15 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

Use matts utility to fastboot. If youve tried wiping and all that, the stock side may be a lost cause.

Posted Image

#16 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

I guess I have no choice. Just don't understand why it won't come back.

#17 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

Could be anything, really. Something could be off with ROM files, there's no real way to tell. I usually just tell people to fastboot. I know its an inconvenience as you have to start fresh but it's part of the game we play when we mod and flash. :/

Posted Image

#18 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

Ok, I was able to do a fastboot restore with Matt's utility (thanks Matt!). I am on totally stock .211. Thank you so much for all of your guidance and info. I would be completely lost without this site and it's great members. Now I'm ready to receive JB OTA , then when I get the itch again, root and romming time!

#19 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Google+:126robert@gmail.com
  • LocationWestern North Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

Ok, I was able to do a fastboot restore with Matt's utility (thanks Matt!). I am on totally stock .211. Thank you so much for all of your guidance and info. I would be completely lost without this site and it's great members. Now I'm ready to receive JB OTA , then when I get the itch again, root and romming time!

Why wait for it, the same file they are sending out is here on the site. Just do the update your self. You can also re-root with Matts 1.9 tool.

#20 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

Where's the file? Lets do this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users