Photo

[Rom] Motoblur 98.72.16 (Stock Deodexed)

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#41 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

Thanks for posting these ... and sorry you had the OP trashed by a Mod with unnecessary soapboxing. If the 'average user' can't spend a couple minutes to Google common stuff, were in a very sad state of affairs. :wacko:

Now, when someone here or elsewhere comes up with a stock 1% battery mod, this will make for a nice stock set-up on a SS rom slot.

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#42 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:44 AM

Thanks for posting these ... and sorry you had the OP trashed by a Mod with unnecessary soapboxing. If the 'average user' can't spend a couple minutes to Google common stuff, were in a very sad state of affairs. :wacko:

Now, when someone here or elsewhere comes up with a stock 1% battery mod, this will make for a nice stock set-up on a SS rom slot.

This is uncalled for. I spoke with him personally and he is fine with my clarification. I am in no way stepping on his toes I am just giving more info to prevent problems down the road for us mods that work very hard to help the many people on this forum.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#43 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

This is uncalled for. I spoke with him personally and he is fine with my clarification. I am in no way stepping on his toes I am just giving more info to prevent problems down the road for us mods that work very hard to help the many people on this forum.

I'm sorry you feel that way, though I can understand your viewpoint. Perhaps a "Mod Note" (in red) with an explanation (in black) makes some sense. But 4 paragraphs in all bright red ... that's just waving a BIG red flag, especially since I've not seen anything comparable done in someone else's OP. I wouldn't feel the same if that was a common practice, but its rather exceptional to say the very least.

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#44 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

hundreds of downloads and only a few people hit the like button; complaining from admin about not posting fully flashable roms and not posting in the right section; complaining from end users for not explaining the entire history of android in bold red letters in the op... i think i'm over it. the people who need these base roms have them now; they are welcome to host them have all the fun. buh-bye
  • xCorps, cmh714 and 17nutzy like this

#45 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

hundreds of downloads and only a few people hit the like button; complaining from admin about not posting fully flashable roms and not posting in the right section; complaining from end users for not explaining the entire history of android in bold red letters in the op... i think i'm over it. the people who need these base roms have them now; they are welcome to host them have all the fun. buh-bye

Youre a tough cookie mhous, but you are appreciated regardless..... :)
  • mhous33 likes this

#46 logan3824

logan3824

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas. GO TEXANS!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

Gotta love the saying, " a smart phone is only as smart as the user." Lol

#47 papanut

papanut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

regarding the statement that most of us don't have a reason to flash these and they are meant for devs to mod.

I flashed the deodexed version on slot 1 so I could tweak, uninstall, debloat etc without altering my stock install, so yeah, there is at least one reason to flash these.
  • jerkwad likes this

#48 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

Well that went sideways.. My apologies mhous33. I only meant to help clarify.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#49 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

cvhovey, I agree with Memnoch, this was uncalled for. None of the Mods are any better than anyone else, so it has absolutely nothing to do with soapboxing. Its all about our troubleshooting efforts. Unfortunately, very few actually google or read the posts or instructions so we help ppl that have shot themselves.

We greatly appreciate mhous33 here in the forum. He is old school with little patience like the other old folk in our forum (me included). What he posted is very useful, if you know what it is and how to use it. Sadly, again many do not read and have no idea and then we spend many hours helping to fix things. If we can stop ppl from shooting themselves to begin with we can spend less time troubleshooting.

rant off :)
  • mhous33 likes this

#50 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

Well that went sideways.. My apologies mhous33. I only meant to help clarify.

not at all, i wasn't referring to you :)
  • Memnoch73 likes this

#51 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

This thread was restored to PROTECT the OP since his deodexer that was stolen from him with 0 credit. I have contacted the OP, perhaps he wants to repost his original links to his deodex. We don't condone stealing with no credit, but sadly it takes place. While my link is NOT the original link posted by the OP, it IS his files. It's sad that someone would steal his work and not credit him.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• mhous33 and mattkilla like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#52 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

This thread was restored to PROTECT the OP since his deodexer that was stolen from him with 0 credit. I have contacted the OP, perhaps he wants to repost his original links to his deodex. We don't condone stealing with no credit, but sadly it takes place. While my link is NOT the original link posted by the OP, it IS his files. It's sad that someone would steal his work and not credit him.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

i'll just restate what i replied in tucstwo's pm:

thanks, i appreciate your concern. honestly i don't really have a problem with anyone using the base deodexed rom to make their own custom creations, that's pretty much why i made it. a deodexed base is like a blank canvas for devs; it's not like i put a lot of my own creativity into it. if someone took something that i spent a lot of time on without giving me credit, that would be another story.
btw i didn't use xultimate, it doesn't work on newer builds. but android-kitchen makes the deodexing process almost fully automated :)
i'll reopen the thread though and link the mirrors.
  • disturbed58, Memnoch73, xCorps and 1 other like this

#53 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

thanks, i appreciate your concern. honestly i don't really have a problem with anyone using the base deodexed rom to make their own custom creations, that's pretty much why i made it. a deodexed base is like a blank canvas for devs; it's not like i put a lot of my own creativity into it. if someone took something that i spent a lot of time on without giving me credit, that would be another story.
btw i didn't use xultimate, it doesn't work on newer builds. but android-kitchen makes the deodexing process almost fully automated :)

Like I said, I totally undersand what these deodex roms are made for. What I find to be unfair is when someone uses them and then claims to be the man because they released the first JB OTA rom. Claims THEY made this base. And then goes on to bash the other devs here because they didn't get their "bugless" builds out yet.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#54 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

Gotta love the donated version of the kitchen :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#55 chipworkz

chipworkz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

Thanks for the base Mhous33, I am going to work off this base and customize it how I want for my personal use. I have learned enough from deconstructing other roms to just build it the way I want it to be so this base is much appreciated.
  • wabmorgan likes this

#56 wabmorgan

wabmorgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

I would also like to thank you Mhous33. I like running stock with some mods like 1% bat and custom keyboards and a few other mods... so l like having the stock rom to play/customize.

#57 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

As I stated from the beginning, appreciated!

#58 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

np guys, hope you find this stuff useful. probably won't hear from me much in the og razr forums as my current device is the razr m, so that's where i tend to hang :)
  • xCorps likes this

#59 laryc

laryc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Is there still a way to get the odex version of this?

Thanks.

#60 runner1717

runner1717

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

Just an FYI, you can install this right over the top of your stock rom and you won't lose anything. Backup just in case though.

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users