#22 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,070 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:01 PM

Ok finally got a chance to see this movie. I'm confused. Why did Dr strange give up the time stone so easily? It cant be that he wanted to save iron Man. Also didn't Groot become part of the new axe thor is now wielding? So if he died what now happens to the axe?

And the scene where they had thanos held and were about to remove the infinity glove but instead gamoras bf punched him in the face was just dumb.

Overall I really liked this movie. Somehow I don't see all these characters staying dead, example they are making black panther 2 and 3...hard to do without black panther

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

• johnlgalt likes this
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#23 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:43 PM

Because out of the 14+ million possible futures he saw, only ONE led to Thanos ULTIMATELY being defeated.  Groot cut off a piece of himself to make the axe handle, so, we can consider that part of him already dead.  Starlord is a douche, yes.  Couldn't have waited 30 seconds until they got the gauntlet off.  Nope, I need my revenge now!  Hey wait, why's everyone dead?  Moron.  

I have a few theories as to how they get out of this.  Everyone thinks it's going to be the time stone that resets everything and blah blah blah.  But the more likely theory is that the soul stone just sucked up half the universe's souls and is very happy.  The soul realm is something we saw twice in the movie, once when Thanos got the soul stone by "killing Gamora" (sacrificing her to the soul stone is probably more accurate...again, it likes to collect souls) and then again at the end when he's talking to the child Gamora.  The soul realm is a quantum realm.  If only there were some character somewhere in the marvel universe that can shrink to the quantum realm.  Somewhere.....anywhere....in the MCU.  Yup, that'd be handy.  On a TOTALLY UNRELATED note, so excited for Antman and the Wasp.  cough cough.  :)

• johnlgalt likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#24 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,070 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:18 PM

Sooo someone needs to get into the soul realm and somehow crack the soul stone to release all the souls?

• johnlgalt likes this
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#25 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 04:06 PM

I'm not sure that they need to crack it exactly but essentially someone can get in there and release all the souls is one of the theories I've seen, yes.

• johnlgalt likes this

#26 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:16 AM

Because out of the 14+ million possible futures he saw, only ONE led to Thanos ULTIMATELY being defeated.  Groot cut off a piece of himself to make the axe handle, so, we can consider that part of him already dead.  Starlord is a douche, yes.  Couldn't have waited 30 seconds until they got the gauntlet off.  Nope, I need my revenge now!  Hey wait, why's everyone dead?  Moron.  

I have a few theories as to how they get out of this.  Everyone thinks it's going to be the time stone that resets everything and blah blah blah.  But the more likely theory is that the soul stone just sucked up half the universe's souls and is very happy.  The soul realm is something we saw twice in the movie, once when Thanos got the soul stone by "killing Gamora" (sacrificing her to the soul stone is probably more accurate...again, it likes to collect souls) and then again at the end when he's talking to the child Gamora.  The soul realm is a quantum realm.  If only there were some character somewhere in the marvel universe that can shrink to the quantum realm.  Somewhere.....anywhere....in the MCU.  Yup, that'd be handy.  On a TOTALLY UNRELATED note, so excited for Antman and the Wasp.  cough cough.  :)

I'm not sure that they need to crack it exactly but essentially someone can get in there and release all the souls is one of the theories I've seen, yes.

Interesting.  I've avoided reading all the theories up to date, but had already figured out that the realm was a 'staging' area, if you will, for souls.

My personal theory went more along the lines of the realm filling with too many souls (remember, Thanos' action was universal, not just on Earth) and that it had become a tipping point - think of one of the current theories on how the universe formed and continues to evolve - the black holes keep sucking in material until they reach a tipping point, from which point it's all about

Oh, no!  She's gone from suck to blow!

But, having Ant-man shrink down to an infinitesimally small size to enter that realm jives well with me also.

Another possible one was a simple breaking of the stone itself, but then that would have rendered the entire movie pretty much moot.  After all, if they could break them, then Thanos could not kill everyone.  And Dr. Strange, as Sam mentions, saw only 1 way out (which would convey to the attentive audience that even breaking the stones would not have solved the problem in the long run). 

IOW, the end game, as they kept saying, was to let Thanos accomplish his goals - and then to countermand them later on (which I suspect will include banishing Thanos to said realm so he cannot embark on yet another quest to purge the universe).

• SamuriHL likes this

#27 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:42 AM

Don't forget Strange was also using the time stone when he was "looking at the possible futures".  While I suspect what he was saying was true, I also suspect that he may have possibly protected himself by projecting himself into a time dimension where time has no meaning.  It's one of the other prevailing theories that I've seen.  I like the idea of the soul realm and using Antman and the Wasp to go rescue people.  The soul stone is actually a "living stone" and it desires as many souls as it can get so the idea of half the universe's population being trapped by the soul stone in the soul realm is quite plausible.  Honestly I think we just created the phantom zone in the Marvel universe.  LMAO

• johnlgalt likes this

#28 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:55 AM

Or, if not himself (as being self-serving), his current self for the knowledge the future inhabitants of the galaxy would need to thwart Thanos once and for all.

I get it.

And phantom zone - oh, holy hell.

#29 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 10:07 AM

Yea something like that.  He for sure seemed to give up the time stone awfully easily given how adamant he was about protecting it earlier on.  I think he saw no other recourse but the path they're on.

I thought you'd like that.  HAHAHAHA  But it's a very similar concept. :D

• johnlgalt likes this

#30 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 02 June 2018 - 10:16 AM

Why, yes.  Yes, it is.

#31 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,070 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 02 June 2018 - 10:30 AM

But if Dr strange projected himself into a realm where time without meaning how does he get out without the time stone?

#32 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 10:43 AM

He has it with him.  The time stone exists outside of time.  :)  Which is very, VERY confusing to most people.  The fact that it can be in "2 places" at once.

#33 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,070 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:59 AM

He has it with him. The time stone exists outside of time. :) Which is very, VERY confusing to most people. The fact that it can be in "2 places" at once.

Sooo Thanos and dr. Strange both have it?

#34 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 01:09 PM

Essentially, yes, that's true.  Time stones are just a crazy concept to begin with.

#35 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,070 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 02 June 2018 - 01:24 PM

Hmm. Must read up on this.

#36 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 01:34 PM

I'm still getting through my rewatching of all the Marvel movies.  I'm on GotG2 but I'm taking a little break to watch some other things.

#37 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,070 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:53 AM

News

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#38 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:32 AM

There's so many more spoilers that can be told but not everyone is up to speed.  Ant-Man and the Wasp has a few spoilers, too.  I'm pretty sure I know how they fix this whole mess which is actually really kuel.

• spainter likes this

#39 JB678

JB678

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationNorth Suburbs Chicago
  • Current Device(s):Moto X

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:49 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Don't know about changing the entire MCU but interesting theory. Finally getting out to see Ant-man and the Wasp tomorrow after work.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• SamuriHL and spainter like this

#40 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:17 AM

An interesting idea.  I think it more likely that Dr Strange time traveled to the past to let Nick know about certain events.  Which is how he knew to call Captain Marvel at the end of Infinity War.  I'm getting Avengers and Age of Ultron on UHD today so I'll be watching at least one of them.  And I'm getting Infinity War tomorrow.  Can't wait to watch it again as I've not seen it since the theater.

• spainter likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users