Photo
- - - - -

device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 droid3d

droid3d

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

I bought a Verizon Razr M (Developer Edition) from Motorola.com. Just try to to unlock the bootloader today and got this message after following thet steps and entering Device ID on the Motorola Website. Could this be a mistake? I am currently overseas using an international SIM card and have no Verizon account (hence why I bought the developer edition)

#2 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

Call Motorola and explain your issue, they refuse to solve it over email or over chat for some stupid reason... but they will get you a new unlock key.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#3 droid3d

droid3d

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

thanks. can't wait to get this phone rooted. battery life was great and now it is OK at best. Any Razr M ROMs out there good to use?

#4 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

thanks. can't wait to get this phone rooted. battery life was great and now it is OK at best. Any Razr M ROMs out there good to use?

I don't have one.. so I can't really recommend anything :(

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#5 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:15 AM

I'm not aware of ANY Razr M roms for the Developer Edition. But I guess you can tell us.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#6 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

I'm not aware of ANY Razr M roms for the Developer Edition. But I guess you can tell us.

I believe and i might be wrong but the roms for the retail can also be used in the developers phone by just replacing the update-script, im just not aware of any kernel

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#7 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

You can use Safe strap on a Dev edition even...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#8 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

Are you sure you typed the ID 100% correctly? It's a long string of numbers, you could've missed something.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#9 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

Are you sure you typed the ID 100% correctly? It's a long string of numbers, you could've missed something.

i read somewhere of a way to copy and paste it.. but forgot where...

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#10 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

i read somewhere of a way to copy and paste it.. but forgot where...

If you're on Windows, right click the command prompt window and select "mark." Highlight the text to copy and hit Ctrl+C, then you can paste.

#11 droid3d

droid3d

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

After about 1.5 hrs with Motorola support, it appears the Developer Edition shipped to me is not in fact showing up as a Developer Edition in their system (I showed proof of purchase etc..). Motorala tech are also guessing that when with one of the regular OS updates, the phone's ability to unlock changed. Bottom line is there is no way for Motorola to boot unlock (it is as if I have a retai version). Exchanging the phone is appearing to be a huge undertaking as well. I am dead in the water at this point. :(

#12 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

After about 1.5 hrs with Motorola support, it appears the Developer Edition shipped to me is not in fact showing up as a Developer Edition in their system (I showed proof of purchase etc..). Motorala tech are also guessing that when with one of the regular OS updates, the phone's ability to unlock changed. Bottom line is there is no way for Motorola to boot unlock (it is as if I have a retai version). Exchanging the phone is appearing to be a huge undertaking as well. I am dead in the water at this point. :(

Wow! They sold you a product meant to unlock and they can't unlock it? Complete BS.

#13 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

Wow! They sold you a product meant to unlock and they can't unlock it? Complete BS. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like they need to give him an exchange.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#14 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

Moved to Razr M General

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png